CRYSIS by CRYTEK

Ra1der

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2007
I've been checking those Crysis trailers on youtube too much and it convinced me as soon I am going to get my new computer, I am going to get that game. Looks so freaking amazing dont ya think.

beastoftheeast

Distinguished
May 22, 2006
I will deffintly upgrade computer for this game. going to get the q6600 (quad core) at the end of the month when the price drops. and i'll buy the 8800gts 640 version or the gtx when the game comes out. should be under 300 by then.

BigMac

Splendid
Nov 25, 2003
I've been checking those Crysis trailers on youtube too much and it convinced me as soon I am going to get my new computer, I am going to get that game. Looks so freaking amazing dont ya think.

It is going to be a nice showcase game but do not expect great innovative gameplay (as far as I can tell from all the ingame footage that I've seen). It will be like FarCry in that sense, although Crysis is better placed in relation to DX10 just been released so that it can demonstrate what can be done. When FarCry came out, DX9 had been around for a while.

I've seen a clip of a blast shock wave and that was just.... WOW. Personally I think btw that multicore empowered physics is bringing more to the gaming table than DX10 is but undoubtedly MS and others will say that DX10 is needed to get the most out of the visual effects that come with the proper physics modelling.

kilooneone

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2007
Crysis is not going to be just about graphics. Go to gamespot and read all of the interviews and video demonstrations. the open-ended style of the game and the suit and weapons customization will make the game very fun to play

BigMac

Splendid
Nov 25, 2003

Can you remember the hype talk around FarCry? Although I enjoyed playing it, it did not provide a serious new playing experience. In the end it was still just a shooter. The graphics were splendid for its time, the AI and the free approach were fun, but when the aliens were introduced in the game plot it just became a run of the mill action shooter. So till I've seen evidence to the contrary I will stand by my observation in the previous post. I hope I get pleasantly surprised.

Harrisson

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2007
I will definately try Crysis, even though I'm not a big fan of shooters (old school RPG ftw ;) Graphics and AI looks great, we will see gameplay soon enough.