scheduled task in xp home

can't get scheduled task to run Mcafee virus scan at scheduled time. went to
trouble shooting,tried every thing,nothing worked,anyone out there having
same problem? could use some help! tried uninstalling mcafee and
reinstalling,I don't seem to have a problem running other tasks.
7 answers Last reply
More about scheduled task home

    Hi,

    Every anti virus scanner will have its own scheduler to run a full scan at a
    specified date and time and is customizable. you can use that instead of
    using scheduler.

    Regards
    M. Rajesh
    ..Net and Windows Shell MVP
    www.winxpsolution.com.

    "Jim" wrote:

    > can't get scheduled task to run Mcafee virus scan at scheduled time. went to
    > trouble shooting,tried every thing,nothing worked,anyone out there having
    > same problem? could use some help! tried uninstalling mcafee and
    > reinstalling,I don't seem to have a problem running other tasks.

    thank you for your help, it still doesn't tell me why I can't get it to run
    with scheduled tasks. best regards Jim

    "Jim" <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com>
    wrote in news:43070E9A-85CC-4146-870A-6651D452060C@microsoft.com:
    > can't get scheduled task to run Mcafee virus scan at scheduled time.
    > went to trouble shooting,tried every thing,nothing worked,anyone out
    > there having same problem? could use some help! tried uninstalling
    > mcafee and reinstalling,I don't seem to have a problem running other
    > tasks.

    Task Scheduler Does Not Run Tasks When "Run As" User Account Has No
    Password
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=311119

    Scheduled tasks may not run in Microsoft Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=329769

    Task Scheduler jobs stop running in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=812960

    Scheduled tasks do not run after you install Windows XP Service Pack 1
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=832585

    Tasks May Not Run If a User Has Changed the Account Name
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=303014

    There are many more KB articles at http://support.microsoft.com/ but you
    can search for those yourself. You never mentioned the status shown for
    an event that failed to executed or what entries were in the logfile to
    indicate what happened at the time the event was scheduled.

    (E-mail: domain = ".com", add "=NEWS=" to Subject)

    McAfee AntiVirus Instructions
    http://www.restek.wwu.edu/resources/infosheets/mcafee_antivirus-auto-update.shtml

    Scroll down to
    How to setup Auto-Scan:

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:43070E9A-85CC-4146-870A-6651D452060C@microsoft.com,
    Jim <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > can't get scheduled task to run Mcafee virus scan at scheduled time.
    > went to trouble shooting,tried every thing,nothing worked,anyone out
    > there having same problem? could use some help! tried uninstalling
    > mcafee and reinstalling,I don't seem to have a problem running other
    > tasks.

    Thanks for your help,instructions at site were for something other than my
    version of xp,can't get there from here,but I'll get it figured out thanks
    again. Have a great day! Best regards,Jim

    "Wesley Vogel" wrote:

    > McAfee AntiVirus Instructions
    > http://www.restek.wwu.edu/resources/infosheets/mcafee_antivirus-auto-update.shtml
    >
    > Scroll down to
    > How to setup Auto-Scan:
    >
    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    > Wes
    >
    > In news:43070E9A-85CC-4146-870A-6651D452060C@microsoft.com,
    > Jim <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > > can't get scheduled task to run Mcafee virus scan at scheduled time.
    > > went to trouble shooting,tried every thing,nothing worked,anyone out
    > > there having same problem? could use some help! tried uninstalling
    > > mcafee and reinstalling,I don't seem to have a problem running other
    > > tasks.

    Thank you for your time spent on this,read those articles and many more.there
    is nothing in status colume,log just states the program failed to run,no
    error message.Thanks again!best regards,Jim

    wrote in news:A80F4E32-A815-405D-AA2C-66AE54B8FF76@microsoft.com:
    > Thank you for your time spent on this,read those articles and many
    > more.there is nothing in status colume,log just states the program
    > failed to run,no error message.Thanks again!best regards,Jim
    >
    > "*Vanguard*" wrote:
    >
    >> "Jim" <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com>
    >> wrote in news:43070E9A-85CC-4146-870A-6651D452060C@microsoft.com:
    >>> can't get scheduled task to run Mcafee virus scan at scheduled time.
    >>> went to trouble shooting,tried every thing,nothing worked,anyone out
    >>> there having same problem? could use some help! tried uninstalling
    >>> mcafee and reinstalling,I don't seem to have a problem running other
    >>> tasks.
    >>
    >> Task Scheduler Does Not Run Tasks When "Run As" User Account Has No
    >> Password
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=311119
    >>
    >> Scheduled tasks may not run in Microsoft Windows XP
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=329769
    >>
    >> Task Scheduler jobs stop running in Windows XP
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=812960
    >>
    >> Scheduled tasks do not run after you install Windows XP Service Pack
    >> 1 http://support.microsoft.com/?id=832585
    >>
    >> Tasks May Not Run If a User Has Changed the Account Name
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=303014
    >>
    >> There are many more KB articles at http://support.microsoft.com/ but
    >> you can search for those yourself. You never mentioned the status
    >> shown for an event that failed to executed or what entries were in
    >> the logfile to indicate what happened at the time the event was
    >> scheduled.
    >>
    >> --
    >> *** Post replies to newsgroup. Share with others.
    >> (E-mail: domain = ".com", add "=NEWS=" to Subject)

    Was this an event that McAfee added when you had it schedule a scan, or
    is this an event that you defined independently of McAfee? If you
    define the event, I wonder if you are selecting the wrong file for the
    command to run. Maybe you are picking the wrong file to run or
    specifying the wrong command-line parameters.
    http://ts.mcafeehelp.com/displaydoc.asp?docid=401&CategoryId=243 shows
    some help on the command line to run a scan.

    (E-mail: domain = ".com", add "=NEWS=" to Subject)

McAfee Microsoft Windows XP