Sign in with
Your question

Bad Microsoft! (You’ve been a very bad boy)

Last response: in Video Games
July 6, 2007 10:49:03 AM

Seems like the problem with faulty 360 consoles is as bad as I originally thought when I had to send back my Console to Microsoft as I got the dreaded 3 red light of DOOM.

An article here explains all: Click Here

So it seems all 360 consoles now have a 3-year warranty on hardware failure with the unit, not bad huh. Shame that almost everyone who ever purchased a 360 will be returning them for repair though, but at least NOW you don’t have to pay for it if it was purchased out side of a year ago.

Hmmm so why no recall, Sony recalled all there products (laptop batteries) when they discovered a design flaw, so why not Microsoft?
July 6, 2007 11:15:18 AM

Quote:
Hmmm so why no recall, Sony recalled all there products (laptop batteries) when they discovered a design flaw, so why not Microsoft?

That's simply a question of risk assessment and money. With the laptop batteries there is a significant risk that a malfunction leads to personal harm or serious damage to property, for which ultimately the manufacturer can be held responsible. If the manufacturer thinks that risk is neglectable, then they'll handle it like MS is doing now. You can imagine the costs related to a general recall are quite significant.
July 6, 2007 12:38:36 PM

Yeah I know I was just being a bit brass necked on that one, but I am rather annoyed at Microsoft putting off claims that there was any problems with the consoles and still till a few weeks ago keeping to the 3% return rate.
Related resources
July 6, 2007 9:39:20 PM

Quote:

Well isnt it obvious like BM said with sony batteries it was also a danger of fire or injury, No one is going to die from the 3 r.l.o.d. despite its name Also with that sony battery it was like a 80% chance it was going to burn. only ~35% of the 360's have problems no need to spend extra money.

I never had the 3rlod happen to me , but i did fix a few (maybe 10) plus i still have my 2 launch consoles running strong.

I think people should just be happy with what MSFt is doing.
July 12, 2007 3:04:20 AM

by the way.... it's "of DEATH!" not "of DOOM" unless of course you watch/read invader zim... but I'm positive that it's the "blue screen of death"... :-p

but yeah, I want the 360 hardcore... but microsoft is gay... (no offense gay people, it's a cliche, i have to use it) some of the crap they put out suxxorz... but it's not as bad as some companies... (coughsonycough) anyway!but I dunno who can top the fact that they tried to sue linux or whatever (when they riped off linux several ways (made their desktop "look pretty" and made all installs password protected) both eg.'s :-p

I think microsoft is getting a run for it's money on all of it's fronts (gaming consoles, operating systems, and everywhere else they tried to stick their big nose) hahahaha! oh wait... i have a big nose.. damn!
July 12, 2007 8:55:56 AM

Would you look at this, Microsoft has just openly admitted all 11.6 million Xbox360’s are faulty. How you can sit there and slate Sony for being a bad company is beyond belief, I have seen nothing but quality leave their warehouses. And as soon as they had a problem with one of there products they taken the hit and recalled them all. Sony is a quality company that produces quality products. Just because there playing catch up does not give you right to slate them.

So would you prefer in the long run a Consol that has been sold to you in a faulty state by Microsoft that you will be lucky if you get 2 years out of it or a product that will probably last decades like a PS3?

http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=40941
July 12, 2007 9:05:26 AM

cafuddled said:

So would you prefer in the long run a Consol that has been sold to you in a faulty state by Microsoft that you will be lucky if you get 2 years out of it or a product that will probably last decades like a PS3?

If it breaks down MS does replace it when it breaks down, right? But I agree that this hardware performance is way under par.

In the case of PS3, I would prefer a lower pricetag and a somewhat shorter lifespan, who needs a console that lasts for decades? Not that I mind, but if it comes with a significant pricetag then I'd rather have it less robust.
July 12, 2007 9:33:32 AM

I guess there are two different minds on this then, but from what I have experienced from Microsoft with my consol that has now been away for over a month, I would have rather paid that little extra and got a better consol for it.

The PS3 is in at about £399 in the United Kingdom, at the time when I purchased my 360 I paid £279 for the consol. What extra would have I got for the same price tag if both consoles where released simultaneously.

• Blue Ray capabilities (You can buy a HD DVD add on for your 360 but that adds more clutter and bumps up the price to what you would be paying for a new PS3 anyway)
  • 60GB HDD (Much better for an online distribution service)
  • Much better hardware quality (Lets see what the end of year return ratio is on PS3’s)

For a difference of £120 you got all of that, to some people it may not be worth it. But for those that can afford it, it is very much worth it.

But on the side of games Microsoft has been doing a lot on that front and with the years head start they have gotten a fairly good catalogue of games although that has now started to slow down. Hopefully once Sony catches up you may see the scales tip a bit since they have the whole Japanese market releasing games for them and many of them are world wide best sellers.

But anyway, I may have been swayed a bit in to disliking the 360 by my experience with it breaking. But the problem is almost everyone who owns a 360 is going to go through this at one point or another so how much will this effect the general opinion of this games Consol. I for one now appreciate a lot more the fact that my PS2 is still running 7 years after a first purchased it, I was in fact playing Final Fantasy 12 on it last night.
    July 12, 2007 4:09:32 PM

Xbox 360, PS3 or stabbing myself in the face with a rusty spoon? bring on the cutlery mate!
    !