what devieces do i need to complete xp....like acrobat rea..

or any other helpfull imfo... worried i might add the wroung thing.
thank you for any help you might be able to give.

On Sun, 8 Aug 2004 16:43:01 -0700, chis wrote:

> or any other helpfull imfo... worried i might add the wroung thing.
> thank you for any help you might be able to give.

Not sure what you mean. XP is an operating system. Among other things, it
provides an environment that allows the user to communicate with the rest
of the computer.

While not directly related to the operating system, applications must be
able to operate within the operating systems they will be install into.
They provide some desired functionality to the user. For example, Adobe
Reader is an application. It's a good utility to have on hand so that one
can read those very commonly distributed *.PDF files.

What else you add, depends on your wants and needs. General rule, check
that the software you're considering is appropriate for use with XP and
that your system meets or exceeds its system requirements. If the system
does not meet the reqs, it's a good idea to skip that software and find
something else that is more suitable -- or use it as a good excuse to
upgrade ;^)

Installing some good basic tools that will protect the working environment
and installed applications is a good idea. Things such as Spyware Blaster
to prevent the installation of malware. Detection/cleanup tools such as
AdAware, Spybot Search and Destroy are important if you spend time on the
internet at all. An antivirus program with current virus definitions is a
"must have" on all of my systems. Some kind of firewall - another important
item - is good too (XP includes a basic one).

Others probably have some good suggestions to add and will post as well.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

Mike

Splendid

What you decide to install will be based upon what you want to achieve.. how
are we to know that?.. all that I would ask is the you pick well, and try
not to install too much fun stuff as it can be anything but fun to remove..