Sign in with
Your question

Need Suggestions!!!

Last response: in Motherboards
September 28, 2002 10:05:31 AM

Hello! I'm having to write from Italy as over here I can only find opinions based on prices (the more expensive something is the better it is) when what I really need is some good honest technical advice.
I'm interested in this configuration:
AMD Athlon XP 2200+
Motherboard AZZA KT33-BV Aocket A VIA KT333 DDRam AGP4X ATAA133
HD MAXTOR D740X 6L060J3 60GB U-ATA133 7.2RPM 2MB
512MB DDRAM
Gforce4 Ti 4200 128MB
What are your opinions about this configuration -especially about the Motherboard AZZA? Does it work well? Is it stable? I ask this because when I mention it here in Italy they almost laugh because it's so cheap!
Thankyou very much for your help, here from you soon,
Andrea

More about : suggestions

September 28, 2002 3:44:18 PM

Hey A,

Don't get the Athlon XP 2200+ it runs very hot, get the 2100+ or wait for the 2400+/2600+ to be released. If you can wait even longer for the 2700+ to come out, they will be able to use the extra bandwidth of the DDR333, since they will be the first Athlon's to use a 166/333 FSB.

About AZZA: I have only used one AZZA mobo(with a PIII), and I did not like one thing about it. I don't know about what they are like now, but my limited opinion is they are not a quality mobo producer.

Everything else looks good. Be sure to get a good PSU like Enermax or Antec with 400 or more watts & a good HSF. Good luck

Peace Out..................tile

god knows your entire system setup & he would answer your questions if he could just stop laughing
!