DVD Decoder?

August 9, 2004 12:41:23 PM

I upgraded to Win XP and now my DVD movies do not work
and I was wondering if Win XP has a decoder? for playung
DVD's

More about : dvd decoder

Anonymous
August 9, 2004 2:47:18 PM

1. Open XP's "Help and Support Center"
2. Type: DVD in the search box, hit enter.
3. Click on "DVD Troubleshooter".
4. You probably need to purchase a new DVD decoder.

DVD Support in Windows XP
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/windowsxp...

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Robert" wrote:

| I upgraded to Win XP and now my DVD movies do not work
| and I was wondering if Win XP has a decoder? for playung
| DVD's
Anonymous
August 9, 2004 3:24:39 PM

Reinstall your DVD decoding software... usually either PowerDVD or WinDVD,
whichever you had before you upgraded.
www.coribright.com

"Robert" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I upgraded to Win XP and now my DVD movies do not work
> and I was wondering if Win XP has a decoder? for playung
> DVD's

Related resources
August 9, 2004 6:39:06 PM

http://www.intervideo.com/products/custom/ms/windowsxp/... Go
here and check out the DVDXPack - it integrates and works with Windows Media
Player and is cheaper than a full DVD player program.

"Robert" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I upgraded to Win XP and now my DVD movies do not work
> and I was wondering if Win XP has a decoder? for playung
> DVD's
September 20, 2004 12:25:03 PM

I also installed Microsoft XP and erased Me. Now I can not play dvds so I
downloaded PowerDVD from Cyberlink and it is not showing up in Accesories
were it was supposed to be put. I can find it in add/remove programs but I
can not figure out how to use it? I have tried to reinstall it with no
change.???????????

"Cari (MS MVP)" wrote:

> Reinstall your DVD decoding software... usually either PowerDVD or WinDVD,
> whichever you had before you upgraded.
> www.coribright.com
>

> "Robert" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I upgraded to Win XP and now my DVD movies do not work
> > and I was wondering if Win XP has a decoder? for playung
> > DVD's

Anonymous
September 20, 2004 3:31:21 PM

If you just purchased the decoding software, then you will play your DVDs in
Windows Media Player. If you downloaded and installed the full version of
PowerDVD, there should be an icon on the desktop.
www.coribright.com

!