DVD Decoder?

I upgraded to Win XP and now my DVD movies do not work
and I was wondering if Win XP has a decoder? for playung
DVD's
5 answers Last reply
More about decoder

    1. Open XP's "Help and Support Center"
    2. Type: DVD in the search box, hit enter.
    3. Click on "DVD Troubleshooter".
    4. You probably need to purchase a new DVD decoder.

    DVD Support in Windows XP
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/windowsxp/dvdplay.aspx

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "Robert" wrote:

    | I upgraded to Win XP and now my DVD movies do not work
    | and I was wondering if Win XP has a decoder? for playung
    | DVD's

    Reinstall your DVD decoding software... usually either PowerDVD or WinDVD,
    whichever you had before you upgraded.
    www.coribright.com

    "Robert" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I upgraded to Win XP and now my DVD movies do not work
    > and I was wondering if Win XP has a decoder? for playung
    > DVD's

    http://www.intervideo.com/products/custom/ms/windowsxp/media_pack.jsp Go
    here and check out the DVDXPack - it integrates and works with Windows Media
    Player and is cheaper than a full DVD player program.

    "Robert" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I upgraded to Win XP and now my DVD movies do not work
    > and I was wondering if Win XP has a decoder? for playung
    > DVD's

    I also installed Microsoft XP and erased Me. Now I can not play dvds so I
    downloaded PowerDVD from Cyberlink and it is not showing up in Accesories
    were it was supposed to be put. I can find it in add/remove programs but I
    can not figure out how to use it? I have tried to reinstall it with no
    change.???????????

    "Cari (MS MVP)" wrote:

    > Reinstall your DVD decoding software... usually either PowerDVD or WinDVD,
    > whichever you had before you upgraded.
    > www.coribright.com
    >

    > "Robert" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I upgraded to Win XP and now my DVD movies do not work
    > > and I was wondering if Win XP has a decoder? for playung
    > > DVD's

    If you just purchased the decoding software, then you will play your DVDs in
    Windows Media Player. If you downloaded and installed the full version of
    PowerDVD, there should be an icon on the desktop.
    www.coribright.com

    "CK" <CK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I also installed Microsoft XP and erased Me. Now I can not play dvds so I
    > downloaded PowerDVD from Cyberlink and it is not showing up in Accesories
    > were it was supposed to be put. I can find it in add/remove programs but
    > can not figure out how to use it? I have tried to reinstall it with no
    > change.???????????
    >
    > "Cari (MS MVP)" wrote:
    >
    >> Reinstall your DVD decoding software... usually either PowerDVD or
    >> WinDVD,
    >> whichever you had before you upgraded.
    >> --
    >> Cari (MS-MVP Windows Client - Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
    >> www.coribright.com
    >>

    >> "Robert" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> >I upgraded to Win XP and now my DVD movies do not work
    >> > and I was wondering if Win XP has a decoder? for playung
    >> > DVD's

DVD Windows XP Decoder