Creating new default user id

I have a user -id which i have used to login
automatically into Windows XP at start up. However, I
want XP to login automatically, but use a different user-
id for the default login. Is it possible ? I edited the
registry settings to turn on the automatic login feature,
but it is working ONLY with the user-id that aleady
existed. If I put in a new user-id and password in the
registry and enable the automatic login, the system
displays the Ctrl+Alt+Del prompt (which it should not
because auto login was enabled) and then when i key in
the new user-id/password, it does not work. Howvere, it
works when I enter the od userid and password.
Can anyone provide a solution?

Sanjoy
1 answer Last reply
More about creating default user

    Hi,

    Start/run "control userpasswords2" (without the quotes).

    Enable the box requiring a username and password. Click "apply".

    Now uncheck the box requiring a username and password, click apply/ok and
    follow the prompts to set up a default logon, use the new ID.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Sanjoy" <sanjoy_deb@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I have a user -id which i have used to login
    > automatically into Windows XP at start up. However, I
    > want XP to login automatically, but use a different user-
    > id for the default login. Is it possible ? I edited the
    > registry settings to turn on the automatic login feature,
    > but it is working ONLY with the user-id that aleady
    > existed. If I put in a new user-id and password in the
    > registry and enable the automatic login, the system
    > displays the Ctrl+Alt+Del prompt (which it should not
    > because auto login was enabled) and then when i key in
    > the new user-id/password, it does not work. Howvere, it
    > works when I enter the od userid and password.
    > Can anyone provide a solution?
    >
    > Sanjoy

Default Login Registry Windows XP