Creating new default user id

I have a user -id which i have used to login
automatically into Windows XP at start up. However, I
want XP to login automatically, but use a different user-
id for the default login. Is it possible ? I edited the
registry settings to turn on the automatic login feature,
but it is working ONLY with the user-id that aleady
existed. If I put in a new user-id and password in the
registry and enable the automatic login, the system
displays the Ctrl+Alt+Del prompt (which it should not
because auto login was enabled) and then when i key in
the new user-id/password, it does not work. Howvere, it
works when I enter the od userid and password.
Can anyone provide a solution?

Sanjoy

Hi,

Start/run "control userpasswords2" (without the quotes).

Enable the box requiring a username and password. Click "apply".

Now uncheck the box requiring a username and password, click apply/ok and
follow the prompts to set up a default logon, use the new ID.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone