Deus Ex: Invisible War stuck on menu (loop) bug

Status
Not open for further replies.

wondernote

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2007
This is probably old news but i'm hoping someone out there might be able to help

I tried playing this game a while ago on a 6100 chipset mobo with 81.xx nvidia drivers. it worked, although it was a slideshow really :sarcastic:
Now i'm trying on 6600gt with 93.71 drivers, dx9c, win xp pro sp2 and when i load the game, once i get to the menu it will quickly freeze, the mouse will move but can't click on anything and a short snippet of sound (the first second or two of the theme that plays) loops on and on. Sometimes i can ctrl-alt-del and terminate the game, but most i have to maually restart. I tried tweaking audio hardware acceleration, no luck. :non:

Does anyone know of this bug? I found another old thread somewhere else that described the same problem but no fix was mentioned. :fou:

Weird, i can run doom 3, far cry, fear... but not DX. :pfff:

edit: i'm trying with the v1.2 retail version

G

Are you running a dual core rig?

*update* I have found that Thief 3: deadly shadows has a similar issue with duel cores, that's why I asked the above question as both titles share the same engine. You need to set the game exe to 1 core only using task manger or imagecfg.exe.

dokk2

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2007
For what it's worth,,,sometimes games get stuck in windozze,and you might consider rebooting and then defragging and running some kind of registry cleaner,you could have two files trying to access the same ram location at the same time,thus neither would work,,:))

Status
Not open for further replies.