New Motherboard for P4

WesleyB

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2002
Hi,

I'm want to buy a new computer.
I find it quite difficult to choose a motherboard for a P4.

I was thinking of buying a MB with DDR333 and a RAID controller support to use striping. First of all, is this a good idea for performance or is the gain minimal. Second question, which MB would be a good one. I'm not talking about price, I want quality, performance and stability.

Please help me out of this mess, I'm going mad :)

Thanks

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
If you're looking for the best performance, stability, and quality, get a Gigabyte GA-8IHXP and some PC1066. DDR333 is a price based option.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Nope, not bad at all, he simply ask for the best performance, not the best value.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

ppereira

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2002
O U C H...... $162.00 for the GA-8IHXP out of my range.

Heck this is what I am looking at:

Gigabyte GA-8SG667 for $111.00 w/S&H
P4 2.5 533mhz for $189.00 w/ S&H
Samsung 512MB PC3200 400Mhz DDR $146.00 w/S&H

I have everything else, Abit Siluro GF4 4400 128MB,400watt PSU and a big server case (matter a fact it is the one at pimprig.com the dude who made the coffee machine and PC combo that is the case that I am using LOL) Going to give the box a paint job black metalic and i am done. I really do not need all of the bells and whistles.

Latest posts