Counter Strike Acting Weird!!!

guzumba

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2007
Hello Everyone, I am having problems when I play Counter-Strike Source. It seems to be skipping or lagging every 30 seconds or so. Sometimes less then 30 seconds and sometimes more. It seems like lagging but when I check my latency it is perfect with no spiking at all. I play on another computer in my house and it doesnt do that at all. It is more of a skip not a lag. At first I thought it might be my graphics were to high. So I turned my settings all the way down and it still did it. I have played this game for years and it NEVER did this till recently. I decided to upgrade my graphics card and it still didnt help. I had 1 gb of ram so I decided to buy 2 more. So now I have 3 gb and it still does that same thing. I have turned my refresh rate all the way up on my monitor and it doesnt work either. This game has always worked until now. I thought reformatting my computer would help but NOPE. Buying a new hard drive didnt help either. I have downloaded all the new windows updates and driver updates. I went to my video cards website and downloaded the most recent update. Still NOTHING. Can anyone help me please or offer any ideas.
Thanks

Kamrooz

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2007
only Idea I'd have is your rates. Try putting these in your console

rate 25000
cl_cmdrate 101
cl_updaterate 50

Or you cna put cl_updaterate 101 if you'r not getting any choke. If you are getting choke set it to 50 or anything that pulls the choke down (the lower the updaterate the less choke...But also the smaller the amount of info you send to the server). To see your choke/loss and your frame rate type in net_graph 3 into the console.

guzumba

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2007
I tried that with no success. I tried it at 101, 50 and 20 it still didnt work. I tried to verify my game cache but that didnt work either. Im not sure If a power supply could cause this problem? Or my computer being to hot with not enough air flow? Anyone?