CD Burner Issues

August 10, 2004 6:37:26 PM

I have Roxio CD Creator 5 on my Dell laptop. I am not sure why but
Roxio stopped recognizing my burner. I can still play music cds and
read data cds. It started happening after I had swapped out my DVD ROm
with the interchangeable Floppy Drive, used the floppy drive and then
switched back. A day or so later, I can't burn cd's. Anybody have a
suggestion? Will Reloading Roxio fix the problem (haven't been able to
get my hands on the disk yet to reload). Thanks, Jack.

--
Jackeroo

More about : burner issues

Anonymous
August 11, 2004 4:35:01 AM

Quite strange, because I have exactly the same configuration (Dell laptop,
Easy CD Creator 5 - Basic, and a DVD burner).
And, just like you, I recently swapped out my DVD+RW drive to install a
floppy drive, and I switched back again to the DVD+RW, but there isn't any
problems with Easy CD...
Maybe you can try to remove once again your DVD drive BY UNDOCKING IT WITH
THE UNDOCK TOOL OF WINDOWS XP. All my friends are laughing at me because I do
not directly unplug a peripheral, I prefer to undock it first in Windows. But
thanks to this, I didn't have any hardware problems. Then you can insert your
floppy drive, and when you want to swap back to the DVD drive, undock the
floppy drive, too.
I'm not sure it will work, though...
Hope I could help.

Romain