oblivion wont run

Hi i am having trouble running oblivion on a pc running vista home premium. It installs ok but wont run? Any ideas?
Mactronix
3 answers Last reply
More about oblivion wont
  1. Your video card is probably unable to play it. What are your specifications?
  2. Thanks for the reply im not sure if it could be the graphics as i can get to the screen that detects the graphics and it sets itself automatically to match the hardware.
    On the other hand it is running onboard graphics so i will try and give you a list but it wont be precise as i will have to do it from memory as it isnt my pc.

e4300 dualcore
    1 gig ram
    G965 on board graphics basically an updated x3000 core to run aero(i know this as i had to check for the owner as he thought he got stiffed on the upgrade).
    Not sure on mobo but the pc came from dell!(yea i know)

Hm i just had a thought i remember reading some where that oblivion uses 400meg of ram and im wondering how much vista uses if its a lot and the figure for oblivions usage is right then it could be lack of ram?
    Thanks again Mactronix
  3. I did some brief reading and your video card has had some trouble with Oblivion before. They added a driver for the card to let it run Oblivion, though. http://news.softpedia.com/news/INTEL-Rolls-Out-a-New-Beta-Driver-for-the-G965-Series-57724.shtml
Ask a new question

Read More

Oblivion Windows Vista Video Games