System File Checker

How do I run system file checker in Win XP? I know it's there, but if I try
and run it a window opens briefly but then closes.

Try SFC /SCANNOW

Have your XP CD handy

"John Rampling" <j.rampling@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message news:87cSc.549$Qs4.535@newsfe5-gui.ntli.net...
> How do I run system file checker in Win XP? I know it's there, but if I try
> and run it a window opens briefly but then closes.

go>start\run and type in sfc /scannow and then click ok or hit enter on your
keyboard. Be sure to put the space after sfc and before the / . Good luck.
}:~)