SrgtSeverus

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2006
I've recently upgraded from a 7900GT 256 to a 8800 GTS 640 (not really for a huge performance increase, but mainly because this is my second 7900GT that ended up with bad memory modules without OCing either one, and I'm tired of RMAing to get a refurb that dies yet again, so much for company A "I'll not bash them here, even though everyone loves them to death")

Anyways, I run BF2142 max settings -no enhanced lighting, and with dyanmic lighting on med instead of high, but everything else maxed including AA & AF, but only on my 1280x1024 lcd. My FPS went through the roof and is constantly over 60 thus causing tearing now and again (this game is bad enough for tearing regardless)

Vsync alone runs like silk when there aren't 48 player maps and art strikes hitting, but when that happens and my FPS at max would have dropped to say 56 from the 80s, the age old Vsync cuts it down to 30 occurs. So has anyone had any luck using one of the 3rd party apps that allow triple buffering in D3D games like BF2142, since the nvidia control panel really only affects TB on OpenGL?

SrgtSeverus

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2006
Well I answered my own question. DXTweaker achieves TB on D3D, and in an offline mode works absolutely beautifully. Unfortunately it is disallowed by punkbuster. No update whether Nvidia will ever update their drivers to allow this, but through additional research I have found they haven't yet because they dont' know how to implement it properly with SLI. Any other utilities out there that will do this that are allowed until it's driver enabled?