remove program problem

Hi,
I'm trying to remove some McAfee software using the add/remove function and
keep getting error messages (Error 1721, there is a problem with this windows
installation package. A program required for this installation to complete
could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.) This
happens even though I'm trying to remove it, not install it. I've also tried
doing it as a change but I get the same message. Any suggestions for another
way to uninstall it?

Thanks,

--
Choirbebe
3 answers Last reply

    Choirbebe,

    See: http://ts.mcafeehelp.com/default.asp?siteID=1&resolution=800x600&rurl=&rqs=

    Choose your version of McAfee Viruscan and look for manual/automatic uninstall instructions.

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    Windows 2000 Group Policy Registry Table:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/en-us/gp/gpref.asp

    "Choirbebe" <Choirbebe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3F846DDA-523A-41DF-A813-353B2CA51447@microsoft.com...
    Hi,
    I'm trying to remove some McAfee software using the add/remove function and
    keep getting error messages (Error 1721, there is a problem with this windows
    installation package. A program required for this installation to complete
    could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.) This
    happens even though I'm trying to remove it, not install it. I've also tried
    doing it as a change but I get the same message. Any suggestions for another
    way to uninstall it?

    Thanks,

    --
    Choirbebe

    I think I've got it figured out. Thanks for your help!

    "Ramesh [MVP]" wrote:

    > Choirbebe,
    >
    > See: http://ts.mcafeehelp.com/default.asp?siteID=1&resolution=800x600&rurl=&rqs=
    >
    > Choose your version of McAfee Viruscan and look for manual/automatic uninstall instructions.
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP Shell/User
    > http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k
    >
    > Windows 2000 Group Policy Registry Table:
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/en-us/gp/gpref.asp
    >
    > "Choirbebe" <Choirbebe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3F846DDA-523A-41DF-A813-353B2CA51447@microsoft.com...
    > Hi,
    > I'm trying to remove some McAfee software using the add/remove function and
    > keep getting error messages (Error 1721, there is a problem with this windows
    > installation package. A program required for this installation to complete
    > could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.) This
    > happens even though I'm trying to remove it, not install it. I've also tried
    > doing it as a change but I get the same message. Any suggestions for another
    > way to uninstall it?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > --
    > Choirbebe

    You're welcome.

    --

    "Ramesh [MVP]" wrote:

    > Choirbebe,
    >
    > See: http://ts.mcafeehelp.com/default.asp?siteID=1&resolution=800x600&rurl=&rqs=
    >
    > Choose your version of McAfee Viruscan and look for manual/automatic uninstall instructions.
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP Shell/User
    > http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k
    >
    > Windows 2000 Group Policy Registry Table:
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/en-us/gp/gpref.asp
    >
    > "Choirbebe" <Choirbebe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3F846DDA-523A-41DF-A813-353B2CA51447@microsoft.com...
    > Hi,
    > I'm trying to remove some McAfee software using the add/remove function and
    > keep getting error messages (Error 1721, there is a problem with this windows
    > installation package. A program required for this installation to complete
    > could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.) This
    > happens even though I'm trying to remove it, not install it. I've also tried
    > doing it as a change but I get the same message. Any suggestions for another
    > way to uninstall it?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > --
    > Choirbebe