PC Build on hold, three options for the end of the year.

maguszxz

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
Ok, I will not be able to build my gamer pc until my career jumps off, so I have other options for the end of the year.

1. Buy a Wii
2. Buy a Xbox 360
3. Invest more into my DS and PS2

Which do you think would be a good option for me.

tomdrum

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2007
360 i say, best games in my opinion plus decent price.

Depends what sort of games you like. Halo3? Gears of war? Forza2? project gotham4? Banjo kazooie 3 :p ? (cant wait for that one personally)

tubaloth

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2006
It really comes down to the type of games you like. Check out the Wii it seems like it more fun for groups. The Xbox 360 (which I own) is great.

FinalDrive

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2007
Of the current gen systems the 360 would give you the most variety of games to choose from. I have had the 360 since launch and never regretted the purchase (well, except the 3 times I had to send it in to MS to be replaced.) I also have the Wii, but as of now (aside from Twilight Princess) it is mostly just a GameCube, that is until Metroid Prime hits later this month. If you are into RPG's though Eternal Sonata and Blue Dragon are both hitting the 360 in the coming weeks.

robwright

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2006
The 360 definitely has the best game library, plus big PC titles coming out in the fall/winter like BioShock and Mass Effect will also be on the 360. But the Wii isn't a bad choice if you skipped over the GameCube era like I did, because there are a lot of good, unheralded GC games and the Wii is backward compatible. Plus, it's less expensive than the 360. I don't think the PS3 is a real option until the platform gets some solid, exlcusive titles, which looks like a long way off.

As for the 360 hardware failure issues, we have three 360s here at THG, and we've never had a problem with the hadware. However, I know plenty of folks in the gaming media that have gon through five or six or more consoles because of the red ring of death. The new MS warranty should protect your investment, but be warned.

spuddyt

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2007
meh the rings of death are only an annoyance, just use the time in which you send it back to get some sleep and get any leftover caffeine out of your system and leftover work done (thats if your like me and can't balance your life properly :cry: )

StarGazer79

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2003
humm.

id recommend wiii, xbox360 is more of the same with nicer graphics.
the wii on the other hand is a new experience in its own.
also the wii controller is being modded for use with PC games.

ive hard wii is a party game console. its fun for having people over and mucking about. a total breath of fresh air and interaction.

mazuk

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2007
360 no doubt a wii is ok in moderation nothing really exciting to it basically a physics based s-nes lol