CE mod questions

Last response: in Video Games
January 29, 2005 1:27:40 AM

I got the mod to work. I still cant join or create online games. My
questions are:
1. Can I use maphack with it in sp mode?
2. Where is the stash?
3. What are the kinder eggs used for?
4. Ditto the mysterious scrolls?
If I can get an answer to this next question it will likely answer most
of the others
5. Is the a guide for the mod?

Thanks in advance

More about : mod questions

Anonymous
January 29, 2005 1:31:25 AM

sidekick wrote:
> I got the mod to work. I still cant join or create online games. My
> questions are:
> 1. Can I use maphack with it in sp mode?
> 2. Where is the stash?
> 3. What are the kinder eggs used for?
> 4. Ditto the mysterious scrolls?
> If I can get an answer to this next question it will likely answer most
> of the others
> 5. Is the a guide for the mod?
>
> Thanks in advance
1 more question...what is a good<safe> site to download and try
different mods?
Anonymous
January 29, 2005 8:57:28 AM

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 22:31:25 -0500, sidekick
<sidekick39spam_bust@adelphia.net> wrote:

>sidekick wrote:
>> I got the mod to work. I still cant join or create online games. My
>> questions are:
>> 1. Can I use maphack with it in sp mode?

Probably not, there's apparently some high-power anti-cheat program
included. You *could* ask at the forum, but I kind of doubt the author
would take kindly to it ;-)

>> 2. Where is the stash?

In Act 1, both in the Graveyard and in Tristram. According to what
I've read, in the latest version in Act 2 it's in town, but moved. Not
sure beyond that, I'm still in Act 1.

>> 3. What are the kinder eggs used for?

In the readme it explains how to use them to make dolls (6 for 1, 10
for 2, 12 for 3, IIRC). You can also cube them individually and get
anything from a minor healing potion to a Valuable Elixir, which sells
for almost 500 *million* gold.

>> 4. Ditto the mysterious scrolls?

Disabled in this version.

>> If I can get an answer to this next question it will likely answer most
>> of the others
>> 5. Is the a guide for the mod?

No guide that I've found, but any question can be asked on the forum
(http://phrozenkeep.it-point.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=1...), the
author seems to be pretty good about answering them quickly.

>> Thanks in advance
>1 more question...what is a good<safe> site to download and try
>different mods?

The PhrozenKeep (main site for the forum posted above) is a good place
to start. The others that I'm currently playing are:

AR - http://www.planetdiablo.com/teknokyo/

Nez - http://www.cs.appstate.edu/~cb/personal/mod.html

Gemstone - ask ~misfit~ to mail it to you. There's a site, but every
time I've checked it it's been down :-(

ald
"Knowledge is Power"
VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
CotSRSig #16
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
January 29, 2005 9:56:53 AM

sidekick <sidekick39spam_bust@adelphia.net> wrote in

> sidekick wrote:
>> I got the mod to work. I still cant join or create online games. My
>> questions are:
>> 1. Can I use maphack with it in sp mode?
>> 2. Where is the stash?
>> 3. What are the kinder eggs used for?
>> 4. Ditto the mysterious scrolls?
>> If I can get an answer to this next question it will likely answer
most
>> of the others
>> 5. Is the a guide for the mod?
>>
>> Thanks in advance
> 1 more question...what is a good<safe> site to download and try
> different mods?

I've been playing CE and I'm loving it. Still a bit confused by some of
the items, but I'll try to help you with what I know.

You'll find your stash in the graveyard. It's a bit hard to find, but
take a good look around. Also, you'll find a secret passage from the
graveyard to the Rogue camp. The kinder eggs are used in your cube.
You can transmute one egg at a time, or you can do 6 at a time. You get
charms, dolls, potions. I haven't figured out yet what the scrolls are
used for.

I'd love to know where there's a decent guide for this mod too. From
what I saw online so far, it's not answering a lot of my own questions.
I'm just learning from trial and error. For example, it took me dying
five times before I realized how important the Fire Protection potion is
in the Stoney Field. Well, ALD might not have needed it, but I've had a
hell of a time with the Horky Spores, which he swears he hasn't seen.

I finally rescued Cain, and I'm up to my ears with gold. One thing this
mod does for you is give you lots of gold and lots of potions and lots
of basically everything you could ever need. I gambled for an entire
day and have almost complete green sets, many of which I'll be able to
use either for myself or my merc somewhere along the game. Oh, and be
sure to notice that you can equip your merc with amulet, rings, boots
and gloves.

Anyway, enjoy the mod. I know I am. Haven't been able to get away from
this game for days, lol.

Diane
Anonymous
January 29, 2005 9:56:54 AM

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 06:56:53 GMT, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net>
wrote:

>The kinder eggs are used in your cube.
>You can transmute one egg at a time, or you can do 6 at a time.

Or 10, or 12, but those are for more dolls. I figure I'll start doing
those when I get the doll stash, for right now I'm getting *much* more
useful stuff cubing them one at a time.

>You get
>charms, dolls, potions. I haven't figured out yet what the scrolls are
>used for.

If you mean the Mysterious Scrolls, they're not, they've been
disabled.

>I'd love to know where there's a decent guide for this mod too. From
>what I saw online so far, it's not answering a lot of my own questions.
>I'm just learning from trial and error. For example, it took me dying
>five times before I realized how important the Fire Protection potion is
>in the Stoney Field. Well, ALD might not have needed it, but I've had a
>hell of a time with the Horky Spores, which he swears he hasn't seen.

And I *still* haven't, despite having gone through the Stony Field a
couple more times. Oh, well, maybe I will, both characters missed the
Tristram WP, which I *think* I know about where it should be now
(although I looked there with my Druid), and I'm enough of a
completist to want it, even though I don't need it ;-)

As to a guide, no clue, but I am learning a bit about the game reading
the forums
(http://phrozenkeep.it-point.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=1...). If you
have questions, the author seems to be pretty good about answering
them. That and the info on the site is all I've found so far.

>I finally rescued Cain, and I'm up to my ears with gold. One thing this
>mod does for you is give you lots of gold and lots of potions and lots
>of basically everything you could ever need. I gambled for an entire
>day and have almost complete green sets, many of which I'll be able to
>use either for myself or my merc somewhere along the game. Oh, and be
>sure to notice that you can equip your merc with amulet, rings, boots
>and gloves.
>
>Anyway, enjoy the mod. I know I am. Haven't been able to get away from
>this game for days, lol.
>
>Diane

So you sold a Valuable Elixir too? ;-) My Druid found one, as well as
the one that the Bowazon sold, stuck it in the shared stash for now,
for when I have time (or need, or both) to gamble that much again.
Speaking of which, make sure you fill both sides of the stash
(personal and shared) with gold. *Apparently* I'd only filled the
personal side when I first found it (since I didn't know about the
shared), either that or the Bowazon only filled the shared, either way
I couldn't get at the gold in my stash when I was gambling (would have
helped, too, since then I would have been able to buy 2 runes when
they came up). It works kind of funny, sometimes filling/taking from
both sides, sometimes only one, but make sure they're both filled to
save (and be able to use) as much of that gold as possible.

ald
"Knowledge is Power"
VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
CotSRSig #16
January 29, 2005 8:23:29 PM

ald <103175.3500@compuserve.com> wrote in

> 2. Where is the stash?
>
> In Act 1, both in the Graveyard and in Tristram. According to what
> I've read, in the latest version in Act 2 it's in town, but moved. Not
> sure beyond that, I'm still in Act 1.

Another one in Tristram? I didn't know about that one. I'll have to go
back and, just for the heck of it, locate it.

Thanks for the reference for the other mods too. I'll try them at some
point. Got them bookmarked. And, I'll check with misfit for the
Gemstone.

Diane
Anonymous
January 29, 2005 8:23:30 PM

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 17:23:29 GMT, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net>
wrote:

>Another one in Tristram? I didn't know about that one. I'll have to go
>back and, just for the heck of it, locate it.

Think between where Gris spawns and where Wirt is, in regular.

>Thanks for the reference for the other mods too. I'll try them at some
>point. Got them bookmarked. And, I'll check with misfit for the
>Gemstone.
>
>Diane

Definitely try AR, that one's kept me going for *years* ;-) You can
get some ungodly equipment, but you also need it.

ald
"Knowledge is Power"
VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
CotSRSig #16
January 29, 2005 11:42:33 PM

> BTW, something else I picked up from the forums that should have been
> put in above but I'm too lazy to go back now. Apparently the amount of
> gold you can put in the two sides of the stash stays at 400,000 until
> you're level 30-something, then it goes back to where it's supposed to
> be (twice normal).
>
> ald

It'll be a while before I get to level 30-something, lol.

Diane
Anonymous
January 29, 2005 11:42:34 PM

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 20:42:33 GMT, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net>
wrote:

>It'll be a while before I get to level 30-something, lol.
>
>Diane

You and me both ;-) Apparently, as I think you've heard, getting *to*
Andariel is a real challenge.

ald
"Knowledge is Power"
VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
CotSRSig #16
January 29, 2005 11:45:14 PM

> Think between where Gris spawns and where Wirt is, in regular.

Did you ever get Wirt's leg after you killed him? I didn't and I'm
wondering if they give it in CE.

>>Definitely try AR, that one's kept me going for *years* ;-) You can
> get some ungodly equipment, but you also need it.

OK, so I take that to mean that the minions are a tough bunch, and the
bosses near impossible. So, gear up or give up, HA!!!

Diane
Anonymous
January 29, 2005 11:45:15 PM

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 20:45:14 GMT, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net>
wrote:

>ald <103175.3500@compuserve.com> wrote in

>Did you ever get Wirt's leg after you killed him? I didn't and I'm
>wondering if they give it in CE.

Yeah, it's even used in at least one recipe.

>>>Definitely try AR, that one's kept me going for *years* ;-) You can
>> get some ungodly equipment, but you also need it.
>>

>OK, so I take that to mean that the minions are a tough bunch, and the
>bosses near impossible. So, gear up or give up, HA!!!
>
>Diane

*Not* impossible, with the elite gear (which starts coming when you
kill Corpsefire in the Den of Evil). But down in the
very-much-expanded Crypt (yeah, the one in Act 1), there's a level
that's basically filled Minions of Destruction (Lister's pack). Well,
actually, that one has a few other monsters mixed in, but the one in
Act 5 doesn't, except for one boss (Snapchip-something, same name as
in LoD, Snappy for short). See the level 99 Bowazon in the sig? That's
with just one run through AR-SE in 1.09, and it's add-on, DotD (which,
sadly, hasn't been upgraded to 1.10 yet).

ald
"Knowledge is Power"
VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
CotSRSig #16
Anonymous
January 30, 2005 3:15:19 AM

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 22:27:40 -0500, sidekick
<sidekick39spam_bust@adelphia.net> wrote:

>I got the mod to work. I still cant join or create online games. My
>questions are:
>1. Can I use maphack with it in sp mode?
>2. Where is the stash?
>3. What are the kinder eggs used for?
>4. Ditto the mysterious scrolls?
>If I can get an answer to this next question it will likely answer most
>of the others
>5. Is the a guide for the mod?
>
>Thanks in advance

I have one more question, how do you get the bloody thing to work?
I've tried downloading version 7.50 and upgrading to version 7.51 and
had no luck. The game either freezes up when i try to start the game
otr i get a misiing file message (Chaosempire.ce i think) even though
the file seems to be there.

Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong?.

foobear
January 30, 2005 7:19:20 AM

> You and me both ;-) Apparently, as I think you've heard, getting *to*
> Andariel is a real challenge.
>
> ald

No, I hadn't heard, but I'm finding that out experientially. I've died
more times than I care to reveal, lol. But, one way or another, I'll make
it to Lut Gulein, lol. At least, that's my goal for the moment. I figure,
if I can make myself strong enough, maybe they can't beat me. So, it's
nice living in the land of denial, hahahaha.

Diane
Anonymous
January 30, 2005 7:19:21 AM

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 04:19:20 GMT, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net>
wrote:

>No, I hadn't heard, but I'm finding that out experientially. I've died
>more times than I care to reveal, lol. But, one way or another, I'll make
>it to Lut Gulein, lol. At least, that's my goal for the moment. I figure,
>if I can make myself strong enough, maybe they can't beat me. So, it's
>nice living in the land of denial, hahahaha.
>
>Diane

Ok, but let me give you a warning from the author: When you get down
to Andariel's (rather expanded) level, *don't open any doors*.

ald
"Knowledge is Power"
VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
CotSRSig #16
January 30, 2005 7:24:11 AM

> Yeah, it's even used in at least one recipe.

Darn, I didn't find it anywhere. I guess I'll have to go and kill him
again so I can have it. Go figure.

> *Not* impossible, with the elite gear (which starts coming when you
> kill Corpsefire in the Den of Evil). But down in the
> very-much-expanded Crypt (yeah, the one in Act 1), there's a level
> that's basically filled Minions of Destruction (Lister's pack). Well,
> actually, that one has a few other monsters mixed in, but the one in
> Act 5 doesn't, except for one boss (Snapchip-something, same name as
> in LoD, Snappy for short). See the level 99 Bowazon in the sig? That's
> with just one run through AR-SE in 1.09, and it's add-on, DotD (which,
> sadly, hasn't been upgraded to 1.10 yet).
>
> ald
So, how would a Barb make it through? I haven't done a Bowazon yet.
Actually, the only chars I've done thus far in any mod would be the
Barb, and necro (just slightly started). For whatever reason, I keep
leaning toward the barbs b/c I seem to like the swords.

Diane
Anonymous
January 30, 2005 7:24:12 AM

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 04:24:11 GMT, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net>
wrote:

>Darn, I didn't find it anywhere. I guess I'll have to go and kill him
>again so I can have it. Go figure.

Check the readme, and maybe the forum (there was something mentioned
there about an alternative recipe using the leg, but I don't remember
what), you *may* not need it. Funny thing, the Zon had no problems
finding him, where the Druid had basically given up on finding him and
then stumbled upon him while searching *everywhere* for the WP.

>So, how would a Barb make it through? I haven't done a Bowazon yet.
>Actually, the only chars I've done thus far in any mod would be the
>Barb, and necro (just slightly started). For whatever reason, I keep
>leaning toward the barbs b/c I seem to like the swords.
>
>Diane

Well, I'm hardly a Barb expert (most of mine are Gems mules) but
again, check the sig. See the level 55 in there (and now you know
where he got his name, the original one on BNut was named GemsTKirk)?
Notice that there's no title in front of his name? IIRC, he was played
at "players 8" (which is roughly players 40, since AR has a base of 5)
and was somewhere in Act 5 of Normal (he's on the old machine, so I
can't check right now).

ald
"Knowledge is Power"
VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
CotSRSig #16
Anonymous
January 30, 2005 7:44:08 AM

And so it is written, that Diane coming to a smoldering shrub,
spake these words:
<snip>
> So, how would a Barb make it through? I haven't done a
> Bowazon yet. Actually, the only chars I've done thus far in
> any mod would be the Barb, and necro (just slightly started).
> For whatever reason, I keep leaning toward the barbs b/c I
> seem to like the swords.
>
> Diane

Sure that it's not their bulging muscles?
--
-Wailwulf
http://Wailwulf.home.att.net

dieBestie L35+ Diablo B/net Warrior
Patriarch dieBestie L99 LOD USAWest Paladin (Offensive)
Slayer derEber L80+ LOD USAWest Ladder Paladin (Offensive)
Slayer dasTier L75+ LOD USAWest Paladin (Defensive)
Slayer VVailwulf L45+ LOD USAWest Druid (Werewolf with Dire Wolf Pack)
January 30, 2005 8:19:10 AM

"Wailwulf" <Wailwulf@worldnet.att.net> wrote in news:sCZKd.115680
$w62.107174@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net:

> And so it is written, that Diane coming to a smoldering shrub,
> spake these words:
> <snip>
>> So, how would a Barb make it through? I haven't done a
>> Bowazon yet. Actually, the only chars I've done thus far in
>> any mod would be the Barb, and necro (just slightly started).
>> For whatever reason, I keep leaning toward the barbs b/c I
>> seem to like the swords.
>>
>> Diane
>
> Sure that it's not their bulging muscles?

Well, that too. :)

Diane
January 30, 2005 8:20:16 AM

> Ok, but let me give you a warning from the author: When you get down
> to Andariel's (rather expanded) level, *don't open any doors*.
>
> ald

I'm intrigued.

Diane
January 30, 2005 8:46:59 AM

> Check the readme, and maybe the forum (there was something mentioned
> there about an alternative recipe using the leg, but I don't remember
> what), you *may* not need it. Funny thing, the Zon had no problems
> finding him, where the Druid had basically given up on finding him and
> then stumbled upon him while searching *everywhere* for the WP.

Do you think it's possible that the game changes per whichever char is
being played? I'm tempted to put the barb aside for a bit and try out
another char. Since I've never done a Zon before, I'm kinda wondering
if I'd be better off trying one out here or going back to D2 and trying
one out there. Hmmmm. I actually liked the Skellymancer. I found in
D2 that between all the skellies and my golum, I barely had to fight,
however I'm thinking that in CE, the skellies would NEVER make it
through the hokey spores (fire breathers) in Stoney Fields and Black
Marsh.

> Well, I'm hardly a Barb expert (most of mine are Gems mules) but
> again, check the sig. See the level 55 in there (and now you know
> where he got his name, the original one on BNut was named GemsTKirk)?
> Notice that there's no title in front of his name? IIRC, he was played
> at "players 8" (which is roughly players 40, since AR has a base of 5)
> and was somewhere in Act 5 of Normal (he's on the old machine, so I
> can't check right now).

I can't imagine playing at "/players 8". I've been dying all over the
place playing at players 1, lol.

Diane
Anonymous
January 30, 2005 11:22:44 AM

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 05:20:16 GMT, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net>
wrote:

>ald <103175.3500@compuserve.com> wrote in
>

>> Ok, but let me give you a warning from the author: When you get down
>> to Andariel's (rather expanded) level, *don't open any doors*.
>>
>> ald
>
>I'm intrigued.
>
>Diane

Apparently King Leoric is behind one (and he's just as deadly to
young, in this case meaning before you've killed Baal, characters as
he was in D1) and I forget who the other one is (Diablo Clone? The
Butcher? one of those), who according to other reports may or may not
be behind a door.

ald
"Knowledge is Power"
VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
CotSRSig #16
Anonymous
January 30, 2005 11:23:22 AM

Diane wrote:
> ald <103175.3500@compuserve.com> wrote in
>

>>Check the readme, and maybe the forum (there was something mentioned
>>there about an alternative recipe using the leg, but I don't remember
>>what), you *may* not need it. Funny thing, the Zon had no problems
>>finding him, where the Druid had basically given up on finding him and
>>then stumbled upon him while searching *everywhere* for the WP.
>

> Do you think it's possible that the game changes per whichever char is
> being played? I'm tempted to put the barb aside for a bit and try out
> another char. Since I've never done a Zon before, I'm kinda wondering
> if I'd be better off trying one out here or going back to D2 and trying
> one out there. Hmmmm. I actually liked the Skellymancer. I found in
> D2 that between all the skellies and my golum, I barely had to fight,
> however I'm thinking that in CE, the skellies would NEVER make it
> through the hokey spores (fire breathers) in Stoney Fields and Black
> Marsh.
>

>>Well, I'm hardly a Barb expert (most of mine are Gems mules) but
>>again, check the sig. See the level 55 in there (and now you know
>>where he got his name, the original one on BNut was named GemsTKirk)?
>>Notice that there's no title in front of his name? IIRC, he was played
>>at "players 8" (which is roughly players 40, since AR has a base of 5)
>>and was somewhere in Act 5 of Normal (he's on the old machine, so I
>>can't check right now).
>

> I can't imagine playing at "/players 8". I've been dying all over the
> place playing at players 1, lol.
>
> Diane
Has anyone had any luck using a sorc? I tried and could not make it
through the blood moor
Anonymous
January 30, 2005 11:40:41 AM

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 05:46:59 GMT, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net>
wrote:

>Do you think it's possible that the game changes per whichever char is
>being played? I'm tempted to put the barb aside for a bit and try out
>another char. Since I've never done a Zon before, I'm kinda wondering
>if I'd be better off trying one out here or going back to D2 and trying
>one out there. Hmmmm. I actually liked the Skellymancer. I found in
>D2 that between all the skellies and my golum, I barely had to fight,
>however I'm thinking that in CE, the skellies would NEVER make it
>through the hokey spores (fire breathers) in Stoney Fields and Black
>Marsh.

No, the only thing that really changes is the starter kit, and even
that has a lot of similarities, at least between the Zon and the
Druid. And I had problems like that with my Necro in Nez, in
Andariel's lair (*and* getting there, a boss pack of Felltwins (extra
strong) made him abandon the first game, and (Lightning Enchanted)
almost had the same effect the second one) but there are a couple of
nice things about skellies: Even before you get summon resist, they
seem to be a *lot* more resistant to elemental damage than you are,
and they can always be recast, even if you have to run back to town
and go to the Blood Moors to do it. My second character in CE would
have been a Necro, if I didn't already have a couple three of them
running in this current line-up ;-)

>I can't imagine playing at "/players 8". I've been dying all over the
>place playing at players 1, lol.
>>
>Diane

Heh, when flame_thrower first told me about Nez, I started out the
first character at players 8, as *had* become my habit. That didn't
even last into the Den ;-) In CE, I'd read enough not to even try.
Besides, it may or may not work in this version, and almost definitely
won't in the next, the author is talking about disabling it due to
overflow.

ald
"Knowledge is Power"
VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
CotSRSig #16
Anonymous
January 30, 2005 4:02:58 PM

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 08:22:44 -0500, ald <103175.3500@compuserve.com>
wrote:

>Apparently King Leoric is behind one (and he's just as deadly to
>young, in this case meaning before you've killed Baal, characters as
>he was in D1) and I forget who the other one is (Diablo Clone? The
>Butcher? one of those), who according to other reports may or may not
>be behind a door.

Found it on the forum this morning when I got a reply to my question:
It's the Butcher ;-)

ald
"Knowledge is Power"
VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
CotSRSig #16
Anonymous
January 30, 2005 4:07:17 PM

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 10:39:39 -0400, foobear <bearmac@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Yes, did all that. I got it to the point where I can activate and
>deactivate it, LOD works fine when CE is deactivated, but when it is
>activated and i start the game, the game disc spins up for a few
>seconds then stops.
>
>foobear

No hacks or anything like that running, right (I know, but I *have* to
ask)? Nothing like the hacked .dll that allows you to run multiple
copies (which I'd have if I'd remembered to email it to myself)? The
first step I'd try is the one the author keeps recommending in the
forums: Uninstall and reinstall D2 and LoD, so it's a clean install,
then reactivate (or re-download, if you didn't save it) the mod.

ald
"Knowledge is Power"
VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
CotSRSig #16
Anonymous
January 30, 2005 7:36:59 PM

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 13:07:17 -0500, ald <103175.3500@compuserve.com>
wrote:

>On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 10:39:39 -0400, foobear <bearmac@hotmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>>Yes, did all that. I got it to the point where I can activate and
>>deactivate it, LOD works fine when CE is deactivated, but when it is
>>activated and i start the game, the game disc spins up for a few
>>seconds then stops.
>>
>>foobear
>
>No hacks or anything like that running, right (I know, but I *have* to
>ask)? Nothing like the hacked .dll that allows you to run multiple
>copies (which I'd have if I'd remembered to email it to myself)? The
>first step I'd try is the one the author keeps recommending in the
>forums: Uninstall and reinstall D2 and LoD, so it's a clean install,
>then reactivate (or re-download, if you didn't save it) the mod.
>
>ald
>"Knowledge is Power"
>VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
>Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
>Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
>Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
>Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
>Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
>Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
>Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
>Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
>Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
>BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
>Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
>Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
>CotSRSig #16

Already done all that. Reinstalled Diablo and LOD twice now.
Reinstalled CE version 7.50 and the update to 7.51a both times. At the
moment I can activate and deactivate CE. LOD works just fine when CE
is deactivated. When CE is activated, I can hear the LOD disc spinning
up then nothing. I do have an Image of the LOD disc mounted so as to
save on having to handle the disc. I would unmount the disc, but
Daemon tools got corrupted somehow and when I uninstalled it, the
virtual drive remained and i can't for the life of me figure out how
to get rid of it. I tried installing the latest version of daemon
tools but that doesn't recognize the virtual drive the image is
mounted on (I really hope that all makes sense). I'm not sure if the
image is the problem or not as when I put the LOD disc drive in my
cd-rom, the game seems to be running off of that and not the virtual
drive. If anyone has any suggestions as to how to unmount the LOD
image, I'd be happy to try them (I'm going to see if i can find the
original version of Daemon tools that I used and see if that helps).

foobear
Anonymous
January 30, 2005 7:59:42 PM

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 16:36:59 -0400, foobear <bearmac@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Already done all that. Reinstalled Diablo and LOD twice now.
>Reinstalled CE version 7.50 and the update to 7.51a both times. At the
>moment I can activate and deactivate CE. LOD works just fine when CE
>is deactivated. When CE is activated, I can hear the LOD disc spinning
>up then nothing. I do have an Image of the LOD disc mounted so as to
>save on having to handle the disc. I would unmount the disc, but
>Daemon tools got corrupted somehow and when I uninstalled it, the
>virtual drive remained and i can't for the life of me figure out how
>to get rid of it. I tried installing the latest version of daemon
>tools but that doesn't recognize the virtual drive the image is
>mounted on (I really hope that all makes sense). I'm not sure if the
>image is the problem or not as when I put the LOD disc drive in my
>cd-rom, the game seems to be running off of that and not the virtual
>drive. If anyone has any suggestions as to how to unmount the LOD
>image, I'd be happy to try them (I'm going to see if i can find the
>original version of Daemon tools that I used and see if that helps).
>
>foobear

It *does* make sense, at least as far as someone who's never used a
virtual drive can follow ;-) Yeah, that may be the problem, again the
anti-cheat thing in this mod is *very* strong, and I wish I could help
with that, but you're *way* beyond my ken here.

ald
"Knowledge is Power"
VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
CotSRSig #16
Anonymous
January 30, 2005 9:32:58 PM

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 16:59:42 -0500, ald <103175.3500@compuserve.com>
wrote:

>On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 16:36:59 -0400, foobear <bearmac@hotmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>>Already done all that. Reinstalled Diablo and LOD twice now.
>>Reinstalled CE version 7.50 and the update to 7.51a both times. At the
>>moment I can activate and deactivate CE. LOD works just fine when CE
>>is deactivated. When CE is activated, I can hear the LOD disc spinning
>>up then nothing. I do have an Image of the LOD disc mounted so as to
>>save on having to handle the disc. I would unmount the disc, but
>>Daemon tools got corrupted somehow and when I uninstalled it, the
>>virtual drive remained and i can't for the life of me figure out how
>>to get rid of it. I tried installing the latest version of daemon
>>tools but that doesn't recognize the virtual drive the image is
>>mounted on (I really hope that all makes sense). I'm not sure if the
>>image is the problem or not as when I put the LOD disc drive in my
>>cd-rom, the game seems to be running off of that and not the virtual
>>drive. If anyone has any suggestions as to how to unmount the LOD
>>image, I'd be happy to try them (I'm going to see if i can find the
>>original version of Daemon tools that I used and see if that helps).
>>
>>foobear
>
>It *does* make sense, at least as far as someone who's never used a
>virtual drive can follow ;-) Yeah, that may be the problem, again the
>anti-cheat thing in this mod is *very* strong, and I wish I could help
>with that, but you're *way* beyond my ken here.
>
>ald
>"Knowledge is Power"
>VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
>Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
>Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
>Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
>Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
>Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
>Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
>Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
>Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
>Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
>BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
>Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
>Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
>CotSRSig #16

The Good News: I've found out how to get rid of that orphaned
virttual drive (Daemon tools installs an SCSI controller you have to
get rid of). I've also gotten rid of a virtual drive thart Alcohol 120
had installed.

The Bad News: Chaos Empire still won't start up.

At this point I give up.

foobear
January 30, 2005 10:46:03 PM

foobear wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 22:27:40 -0500, sidekick
> <sidekick39spam_bust@adelphia.net> wrote:
>
>> I got the mod to work. I still cant join or create online games. My
>> questions are:
>> 1. Can I use maphack with it in sp mode?
>> 2. Where is the stash?
>> 3. What are the kinder eggs used for?
>> 4. Ditto the mysterious scrolls?
>> If I can get an answer to this next question it will likely answer
>> most of the others
>> 5. Is the a guide for the mod?
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>
> I have one more question, how do you get the bloody thing to work?
> I've tried downloading version 7.50 and upgrading to version 7.51 and
> had no luck. The game either freezes up when i try to start the game
> otr i get a misiing file message (Chaosempire.ce i think) even though
> the file seems to be there.
>
> Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong?.

note to self: look to see if anyone else is having the same problems before
posting

ok, so its not just me, maybe the .exe is corrupted itself

Craig
Anonymous
January 30, 2005 10:46:04 PM

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 19:46:03 +1100, "Craig" <NOBODY@IRRELEVANT.com.au>
wrote:

>note to self: look to see if anyone else is having the same problems before
>posting
>
>ok, so its not just me, maybe the .exe is corrupted itself
>
>Craig

Same question, and maybe one or two more: You *are* activating it from
the CE Activator in the programs menu first, right? And did you rename
any Data folders before you installed? Also, did you also download the
7.50 version and then upgrade it to 7.51a? I didn't, just got the
whole 7.51 file from the website, and haven't had any problems.

ald
"Knowledge is Power"
VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
CotSRSig #16
Anonymous
January 30, 2005 10:46:05 PM

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 08:45:29 -0500, ald <103175.3500@compuserve.com>
wrote:

>On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 19:46:03 +1100, "Craig" <NOBODY@IRRELEVANT.com.au>
>wrote:
>
>>note to self: look to see if anyone else is having the same problems before
>>posting
>>
>>ok, so its not just me, maybe the .exe is corrupted itself
>>
>>Craig
>
>Same question, and maybe one or two more: You *are* activating it from
>the CE Activator in the programs menu first, right? And did you rename
>any Data folders before you installed? Also, did you also download the
>7.50 version and then upgrade it to 7.51a? I didn't, just got the
>whole 7.51 file from the website, and haven't had any problems.
>
>ald
>"Knowledge is Power"
>VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
>Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
>Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
>Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
>Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
>Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
>Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
>Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
>Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
>Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
>BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
>Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
>Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
>CotSRSig #16

Where did you get the full 7.51 version. I only see version 7.50 and
the 7.51a upgrade on the website at Phrozen Keep?

foobear
Anonymous
January 30, 2005 10:46:06 PM

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 10:44:03 -0400, foobear <bearmac@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 08:45:29 -0500, ald <103175.3500@compuserve.com>
>wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 19:46:03 +1100, "Craig" <NOBODY@IRRELEVANT.com.au>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>note to self: look to see if anyone else is having the same problems before
>>>posting
>>>
>>>ok, so its not just me, maybe the .exe is corrupted itself
>>>
>>>Craig
>>
>>Same question, and maybe one or two more: You *are* activating it from
>>the CE Activator in the programs menu first, right? And did you rename
>>any Data folders before you installed? Also, did you also download the
>>7.50 version and then upgrade it to 7.51a? I didn't, just got the
>>whole 7.51 file from the website, and haven't had any problems.
>>
>>ald
>>"Knowledge is Power"
>>VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
>>Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
>>Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
>>Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
>>Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
>>Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
>>Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
>>Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
>>Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
>>Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
>>BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
>>Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
>>Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
>>CotSRSig #16
>
>Where did you get the full 7.51 version. I only see version 7.50 and
>the 7.51a upgrade on the website at Phrozen Keep?
>
>foobear

Ooops, never mind, just saw your post later on about that.

foobear
Anonymous
January 30, 2005 10:46:07 PM

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 11:24:00 -0400, foobear <bearmac@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Ooops, never mind, just saw your post later on about that.
>
>foobear

Yeah, sorry, that's what I get for downloading at about 3 a.m. ;-)

ald
"Knowledge is Power"
VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
CotSRSig #16
January 31, 2005 3:31:50 AM

I've reviewed the forums, but can't find the answer to this one. Maybe
you know. What are the oils for? I've tried double clicking on them
and that doesn't seem to do anything. They can't be cubed. Are they
just for gambling or something? I now have quite a large collection,
but if they're useless I'll dump them. Otherwise, if there's something
to them, I need to know that so I can start using them.

Got through the Forgotten Tower. Very easy. My merc now has a Blitzen
Composite Bow with 20% chance to cast lightening strikes. What a
difference that makes. She kills the crowd before I even get into the
room, lol.

Oh, and the torches. So far I gather you just right click on it and
it's supposed to give you more light. Well, from my experience, they're
not that great unless I'm not doing something right.

In any case, this is quite a game. Oh and one more thing. I tried
putting my gold into the shared stash and it doesn't work for me. Any
trick to that?

Diane
Anonymous
January 31, 2005 3:31:51 AM

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 00:31:50 GMT, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net>
wrote:

>I've reviewed the forums, but can't find the answer to this one. Maybe
>you know. What are the oils for? I've tried double clicking on them
>and that doesn't seem to do anything. They can't be cubed. Are they
>just for gambling or something? I now have quite a large collection,
>but if they're useless I'll dump them. Otherwise, if there's something
>to them, I need to know that so I can start using them.

You have to cube them with an item. Some are for weapons, some are for
armor, and some *should* be for both (although the author didn't say
that, in the one post I found on the forum that talked about them).
You'd know which if you'd played Hellfire, but apparently you didn't
;-) Some of them, like the Oil of Permanence, are *very* useful (makes
an item indestructible), some are more so now than they were in
Hellfire (the ones that add 1 to damage, for instance) because the
effects are now permanent, instead of only for one game. If you want
more info on them, download Pedro's most excellent guide to Diablo and
Hellfire, Jarulf's Guide, at
http://www.lurkerlounge.com/content/view/751/110/#Downl... . I just
did, as I didn't have it on this machine ;-)

>Got through the Forgotten Tower. Very easy. My merc now has a Blitzen
>Composite Bow with 20% chance to cast lightening strikes. What a
>difference that makes. She kills the crowd before I even get into the
>room, lol.

Heh, yeah. The Bowazon gambled one of those, but her merc was one
level too low to use it. She made the mistake of putting it in the
shared stash, the Druid, who's merc was one level higher, snagged it.
I'm having the same "problem", not only is the merc killing things
before I see them, but the first time that lightning went off he was
running away before I realized it wasn't an enemies' fire ;-)

>Oh, and the torches. So far I gather you just right click on it and
>it's supposed to give you more light. Well, from my experience, they're
>not that great unless I'm not doing something right.

Sounds like you're doing it right, but check the second page of your
stats within a minute or two of right-clicking it. It *should* show
you at roughly 1000% MF, and an equal or better number for Gold Find.

>In any case, this is quite a game. Oh and one more thing. I tried
>putting my gold into the shared stash and it doesn't work for me. Any
>trick to that?
>
>Diane

Hmm, I'm not sure, it worked for me. Try emptying the personal stash's
gold first? That *shouldn't* be it, because I"m pretty sure the Druid
had filled the personal one before the Zon filled the shared, but I
might have somehow reversed them.

ald
"Knowledge is Power"
VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
CotSRSig #16
January 31, 2005 4:33:58 AM

>> note to self: look to see if anyone else is having the same problems
>> before posting
>>
>> ok, so its not just me, maybe the .exe is corrupted itself
>>
>> Craig
>
> Same question, and maybe one or two more: You *are* activating it from
> the CE Activator in the programs menu first, right? And did you rename
> any Data folders before you installed? Also, did you also download the
> 7.50 version and then upgrade it to 7.51a? I didn't, just got the
> whole 7.51 file from the website, and haven't had any problems.

definitely trying to activate from start menu (it tries, says it cant find
the chaosempire.ce file and then gives "chaos empire mod activation failed")
just re-checked the website 7.50 is the last full install, 7,51a is only
available as an upgrade and I downloaded them from his site not one of the
other servers : /

Craig
Anonymous
January 31, 2005 4:33:59 AM

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 01:33:58 +1100, "Craig" <NOBODY@IRRELEVANT.com.au>
wrote:

>definitely trying to activate from start menu (it tries, says it cant find
>the chaosempire.ce file and then gives "chaos empire mod activation failed")
>just re-checked the website 7.50 is the last full install, 7,51a is only
>available as an upgrade and I downloaded them from his site not one of the
>other servers : /
>
>Craig

Hopefully you've seen my reply to your other post ;-)

ald
"Knowledge is Power"
VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
CotSRSig #16
January 31, 2005 9:22:18 AM

> You have to cube them with an item. Some are for weapons, some are for
> armor, and some *should* be for both (although the author didn't say
> that, in the one post I found on the forum that talked about them).
> You'd know which if you'd played Hellfire, but apparently you didn't
> ;-) Some of them, like the Oil of Permanence, are *very* useful (makes
> an item indestructible), some are more so now than they were in
> Hellfire (the ones that add 1 to damage, for instance) because the
> effects are now permanent, instead of only for one game. If you want
> more info on them, download Pedro's most excellent guide to Diablo and
> Hellfire, Jarulf's Guide, at
> http://www.lurkerlounge.com/content/view/751/110/#Downl... . I just
> did, as I didn't have it on this machine ;-)

Ah, cube with an item. That would be it. OK, so now I'll see what I
can get. I can use an indestructible sword, lol. Thanks for the link.

> Heh, yeah. The Bowazon gambled one of those, but her merc was one
> level too low to use it. She made the mistake of putting it in the
> shared stash, the Druid, who's merc was one level higher, snagged it.
> I'm having the same "problem", not only is the merc killing things
> before I see them, but the first time that lightning went off he was
> running away before I realized it wasn't an enemies' fire ;-)

LMAO. I know what you mean. It took me a bit to realize that the
lightening strikes were coming from my merc too. AAMOF, I had to check
out her bow to realize that's where it was coming from, lol.

> Sounds like you're doing it right, but check the second page of your
> stats within a minute or two of right-clicking it. It *should* show
> you at roughly 1000% MF, and an equal or better number for Gold Find.

That could explain why I'm getting such 'HUGE' amounts of gold at times.

> Hmm, I'm not sure, it worked for me. Try emptying the personal stash's
> gold first? That *shouldn't* be it, because I"m pretty sure the Druid
> had filled the personal one before the Zon filled the shared, but I
> might have somehow reversed them.
>
> ald

I'm wondering if you're shared stash is working b/c you have more than
one char. I only have my barb. Haven't started another, although I may
be soon. I'm having quite a time in the Cathedral. Cripes. I've never
seen sooooooooooo many monsters to kill all in one place at the same
time. I've gotten killed 3 times already, so I think I need to level up
a bit more. I'm at clvl20 right now and I thought that might be enough,
but there's just too many guys to kill and my merc is having a time of
it as well. I'm using my HOWL, but that's not helping all that much. I
probably should have put something in THROW so I could throw down an
fumilgating potion and just get rid of them, but I've never done throw
before.

I'm done for tonight. I'll try again tomorrow. I'll accept any
suggestions.

Nite.
Diane
Anonymous
January 31, 2005 9:22:19 AM

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 06:22:18 GMT, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net>
wrote:

>I'm wondering if you're shared stash is working b/c you have more than
>one char. I only have my barb.

That shouldn't be it, as there shouldn't be a reason you couldn't fill
up (well, partially, anyway) the shared stash with your first
character for future characters, if that makes sense.

> Haven't started another, although I may
>be soon. I'm having quite a time in the Cathedral. Cripes. I've never
>seen sooooooooooo many monsters to kill all in one place at the same
>time. I've gotten killed 3 times already, so I think I need to level up
>a bit more. I'm at clvl20 right now and I thought that might be enough,
>but there's just too many guys to kill and my merc is having a time of
>it as well. I'm using my HOWL, but that's not helping all that much. I
>probably should have put something in THROW so I could throw down an
>fumilgating potion and just get rid of them, but I've never done throw
>before.
>
>I'm done for tonight. I'll try again tomorrow. I'll accept any
>suggestions.
>
>Nite.
>Diane

You don't need the throw skill to throw potions, it just makes you
better at it (I think). Try equipping them instead of your sword,
especially with how powerful they are in this mod they *should* help
out quite a bit. Or, better yet, equip them on the weapon switch, so
you can switch back to your sword quickly, if need be.

ald
"Knowledge is Power"
VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
CotSRSig #16
January 31, 2005 1:56:12 PM

foobear wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 16:59:42 -0500, ald <103175.3500@compuserve.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 16:36:59 -0400, foobear <bearmac@hotmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Already done all that. Reinstalled Diablo and LOD twice now.
>>> Reinstalled CE version 7.50 and the update to 7.51a both times. At
>>> the moment I can activate and deactivate CE. LOD works just fine
>>> when CE is deactivated. When CE is activated, I can hear the LOD
>>> disc spinning up then nothing. I do have an Image of the LOD disc
>>> mounted so as to save on having to handle the disc. I would unmount
>>> the disc, but Daemon tools got corrupted somehow and when I
>>> uninstalled it, the virtual drive remained and i can't for the life
>>> of me figure out how to get rid of it. I tried installing the
>>> latest version of daemon tools but that doesn't recognize the
>>> virtual drive the image is mounted on (I really hope that all makes
>>> sense). I'm not sure if the image is the problem or not as when I
>>> put the LOD disc drive in my cd-rom, the game seems to be running
>>> off of that and not the virtual drive. If anyone has any
>>> suggestions as to how to unmount the LOD image, I'd be happy to try
>>> them (I'm going to see if i can find the original version of Daemon
>>> tools that I used and see if that helps).
>>>
>>> foobear
>>
>> It *does* make sense, at least as far as someone who's never used a
>> virtual drive can follow ;-) Yeah, that may be the problem, again the
>> anti-cheat thing in this mod is *very* strong, and I wish I could
>> help with that, but you're *way* beyond my ken here.
>>
>> ald
>> "Knowledge is Power"
>> VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
>> Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
>> Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
>> Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
>> Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
>> Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
>> Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
>> Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
>> Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
>> Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
>> BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
>> Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
>> Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
>> CotSRSig #16
>
> The Good News: I've found out how to get rid of that orphaned
> virttual drive (Daemon tools installs an SCSI controller you have to
> get rid of). I've also gotten rid of a virtual drive thart Alcohol 120
> had installed.
>
> The Bad News: Chaos Empire still won't start up.
>
> At this point I give up.

I browsed the forum's myself to find the solution and someone posted that it
had issues with directory names with a space in them eg: C:/program files,
so when I re-installed I made it into C:/games and its now working fine. I
also didn't load in the modified .dll that allowed you to run multiple
instances of D2 on one comp, so that could have also been the culprit,
either way I dont know how long this mod will stay on board because I still
will play realms and it will be a pain loading that .dll in and out
everytime as well as remembering to activate/deactivate CE

Craig
Anonymous
January 31, 2005 1:56:13 PM

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 10:56:12 +1100, "Craig" <NOBODY@IRRELEVANT.com.au>
wrote:

>foobear wrote:
>> On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 16:59:42 -0500, ald <103175.3500@compuserve.com>
>> wrote:

>>> It *does* make sense, at least as far as someone who's never used a
>>> virtual drive can follow ;-) Yeah, that may be the problem, again the
>>> anti-cheat thing in this mod is *very* strong, and I wish I could
>>> help with that, but you're *way* beyond my ken here.
>>>
>>> ald
>>> "Knowledge is Power"
>>> VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
>>> Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
>>> Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
>>> Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
>>> Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
>>> Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
>>> Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
>>> Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
>>> Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
>>> Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
>>> BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
>>> Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
>>> Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
>>> CotSRSig #16
>>
>> The Good News: I've found out how to get rid of that orphaned
>> virttual drive (Daemon tools installs an SCSI controller you have to
>> get rid of). I've also gotten rid of a virtual drive thart Alcohol 120
>> had installed.
>>
>> The Bad News: Chaos Empire still won't start up.
>>
>> At this point I give up.
>>
>I browsed the forum's myself to find the solution and someone posted that it
>had issues with directory names with a space in them eg: C:/program files,
>so when I re-installed I made it into C:/games and its now working fine. I
>also didn't load in the modified .dll that allowed you to run multiple
>instances of D2 on one comp, so that could have also been the culprit,
>either way I dont know how long this mod will stay on board because I still
>will play realms and it will be a pain loading that .dll in and out
>everytime as well as remembering to activate/deactivate CE
>
>Craig

Which dll is it that allows you to run multiple instances of d2 on one
comp? I'm assuming this is something CE installs? (otherwise it's not
going to be on my computer anyway).

As for the directory name thingy, LOD is installed in a directory
called Diablo on my D drive, so it's not a problem being caused by
spaces in the directory name.

foobear
Anonymous
January 31, 2005 1:56:14 PM

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 00:07:09 -0400, foobear <bearmac@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Which dll is it that allows you to run multiple instances of d2 on one
>comp? I'm assuming this is something CE installs? (otherwise it's not
>going to be on my computer anyway).

>foobear

Nope, this is a slightly hacked version of d2game.dll (I think, like I
said I don't have the hacked one on this computer) that allows you to
open two (or more?) instances of the game on the same computer. You'd
have had to manually put it in, so it's probably not there. I got it
from Chuck's site, now moved, but there's a possibly different file
mentioned in http://www.gunde.de/diablo2/agd2faq.html#install , if you
want it.

ald
"Knowledge is Power"
VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
CotSRSig #16
Anonymous
January 31, 2005 8:36:59 PM

On that special day, foobear, (bearmac@hotmail.com) said...

> the
> virtual drive remained and i can't for the life of me figure out how
> to get rid of it.

Do you have a cd burner program like ahead nero? That offers a virtual
drive, too, and maybe the LoD cd is inserted into *that* virtual drive,
as my own is.

Gabriele Neukam

Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de

just so, at no cost.
January 31, 2005 10:35:46 PM

> You don't need the throw skill to throw potions, it just makes you
> better at it (I think). Try equipping them instead of your sword,
> especially with how powerful they are in this mod they *should* help
> out quite a bit. Or, better yet, equip them on the weapon switch, so
> you can switch back to your sword quickly, if need be.

I'll give it a try. Now the question is, how do I "equip" my weapon
switch. You see, up till now, I've only equipped my switch with swords
or sabers. How would one equip a weapon switch with a bottle of potion?
Yeah, I really have LOTS AND LOTS to learn and I never fail to come up
with SILLY NOOOOBIE QUESTIONS.

TIA
Diane
Anonymous
January 31, 2005 10:35:47 PM

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 19:35:46 GMT, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net>
wrote:

>I'll give it a try. Now the question is, how do I "equip" my weapon
>switch. You see, up till now, I've only equipped my switch with swords
>or sabers. How would one equip a weapon switch with a bottle of potion?
>Yeah, I really have LOTS AND LOTS to learn and I never fail to come up
>with SILLY NOOOOBIE QUESTIONS.
>
>TIA
>Diane

Not a problem, and believe me, it's a joy to find a question about a
Barb (well, it *is*, since that's what you're playing) that I can
answer ;-) Ok, first, of course, you hit "w" or the weapon switch tab
on the inventory to get to your secondary weapon/possible shield (it
can, of course, be a second sword, with a Barb). Put a potion in your
right hand (where the sword usually goes). Close the inventory, click
the right attack button, and set it to throw (you'll see it, it should
be right beside the normal attack button). You're set!

ald
"Knowledge is Power"
VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
CotSRSig #16
February 1, 2005 12:00:38 AM

> Not a problem, and believe me, it's a joy to find a question about a
> Barb (well, it *is*, since that's what you're playing) that I can
> answer ;-) Ok, first, of course, you hit "w" or the weapon switch tab
> on the inventory to get to your secondary weapon/possible shield (it
> can, of course, be a second sword, with a Barb). Put a potion in your
> right hand (where the sword usually goes). Close the inventory, click
> the right attack button, and set it to throw (you'll see it, it should
> be right beside the normal attack button). You're set!
>
> ald

As it happened, I looked here for a response about 10 mins ago. When I
didn't see anything, I figured I'd try to use what little brain is left
in this aged head and see if I could figure it out myself. Well, I do
surprise myself. I removed my swords, and replaced the right hand with
a bottle of potion and surprise, surprise it just stayed there. And,
not only that, but there's about 36 throws per bottle. Of course, this
isn't *news* to you, lol. I tried the fumulgating potion. Yeah, it
bombs them, but not to the extent that I was hoping for. What I'm
really looking for is something I can throw that will be VERY extensive.
I want to wipe out an entire field of bad guys at once. Is there any
such potion, or is the fumulgating potion the only bomb-like substance
available?

Diane
February 1, 2005 12:18:26 AM

>>> The Good News: I've found out how to get rid of that orphaned
>>> virttual drive (Daemon tools installs an SCSI controller you have to
>>> get rid of). I've also gotten rid of a virtual drive thart Alcohol
>>> 120 had installed.
>>>
>>> The Bad News: Chaos Empire still won't start up.
>>>
>>> At this point I give up.
>>>
>> I browsed the forum's myself to find the solution and someone posted
>> that it had issues with directory names with a space in them eg:
>> C:/program files, so when I re-installed I made it into C:/games and
>> its now working fine. I also didn't load in the modified .dll that
>> allowed you to run multiple instances of D2 on one comp, so that
>> could have also been the culprit, either way I dont know how long
>> this mod will stay on board because I still will play realms and it
>> will be a pain loading that .dll in and out everytime as well as
>> remembering to activate/deactivate CE
>>
>> Craig
>
> Which dll is it that allows you to run multiple instances of d2 on one
> comp? I'm assuming this is something CE installs? (otherwise it's not
> going to be on my computer anyway).
>
> As for the directory name thingy, LOD is installed in a directory
> called Diablo on my D drive, so it's not a problem being caused by
> spaces in the directory name.

Mmmm'k , well we've now moved beyond my knowledge of bug fixing with CE then

Craig
February 1, 2005 12:24:44 AM

ald wrote:
> On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 06:22:18 GMT, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net>
> wrote:
>
>> I'm wondering if you're shared stash is working b/c you have more
>> than one char. I only have my barb.
>
> That shouldn't be it, as there shouldn't be a reason you couldn't fill
> up (well, partially, anyway) the shared stash with your first
> character for future characters, if that makes sense.
>
>> Haven't started another, although I may
>> be soon. I'm having quite a time in the Cathedral. Cripes. I've
>> never seen sooooooooooo many monsters to kill all in one place at
>> the same time. I've gotten killed 3 times already, so I think I
>> need to level up a bit more. I'm at clvl20 right now and I thought
>> that might be enough, but there's just too many guys to kill and my
>> merc is having a time of it as well. I'm using my HOWL, but that's
>> not helping all that much. I probably should have put something in
>> THROW so I could throw down an fumilgating potion and just get rid
>> of them, but I've never done throw before.
>>
>> I'm done for tonight. I'll try again tomorrow. I'll accept any
>> suggestions.
>>
>> Nite.
>> Diane
>
> You don't need the throw skill to throw potions, it just makes you
> better at it (I think). Try equipping them instead of your sword,
> especially with how powerful they are in this mod they *should* help
> out quite a bit. Or, better yet, equip them on the weapon switch, so
> you can switch back to your sword quickly, if need be.

runes seem to be all over the place, my skellymancer is lvl 18 and hasn't
found one yet, my pally who has just turned 13 has 4 Zods and a Lo!!! and
nothing at all below a Ral and I love that stash 1000 sections all bigger
than a standard stash :)

Craig
Anonymous
February 1, 2005 12:24:45 AM

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 21:24:44 +1100, "Craig" <NOBODY@IRRELEVANT.com.au>
wrote:

>I love that stash 1000 sections all bigger
>than a standard stash :)
>
>Craig

Check the shared stash (toggle button on the lower left) for another
*5*000 pages :-)

"Craig" <NOBODY@IRRELEVANT.com.au> wrote in news:41fe0772$0$9144
$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au:

> runes seem to be all over the place, my skellymancer is lvl 18 and
hasn't
> found one yet, my pally who has just turned 13 has 4 Zods and a Lo!!!
and
> nothing at all below a Ral and I love that stash 1000 sections all
bigger
> than a standard stash :)
>
> Craig

I have quite a respectable selection of runes at this point. I'm about
to the point where I'm going to need to make another "page" in my stash
for runes. Not only are they dropped quite nicely, but I manage to get
more from my Kinder eggs.

Diane
!