Bypassing user Logon at startup

my passwords have been changed and I can't logon on PC.
Once the WindowXP starts up it asks for the user
password. Is there anyway that I can bypass this screen
and startup the Window XP OS - so I can reset my password?
2 answers Last reply
More about bypassing user logon startup

    Only if you have the "local" admin password from the original setup of the
    OS..... is this on Home or Pro? try username: "administrator" p/w: "leave
    blank (no password) and in the log onto field make sure it is "this computer"

    "VAW" wrote:

    > my passwords have been changed and I can't logon on PC.
    > Once the WindowXP starts up it asks for the user
    > password. Is there anyway that I can bypass this screen
    > and startup the Window XP OS - so I can reset my password?

    Start here:

    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

    "VAW" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > my passwords have been changed and I can't logon on PC.
    > Once the WindowXP starts up it asks for the user
    > password. Is there anyway that I can bypass this screen
    > and startup the Window XP OS - so I can reset my password?

Microsoft Windows XP