Bypassing user Logon at startup

August 11, 2004 4:18:31 PM

my passwords have been changed and I can't logon on PC.
Once the WindowXP starts up it asks for the user
password. Is there anyway that I can bypass this screen
and startup the Window XP OS - so I can reset my password?
August 11, 2004 4:41:01 PM

Only if you have the "local" admin password from the original setup of the
OS..... is this on Home or Pro? try username: "administrator" p/w: "leave
blank (no password) and in the log onto field make sure it is "this computer"

"VAW" wrote:

> my passwords have been changed and I can't logon on PC.
> Once the WindowXP starts up it asks for the user
> password. Is there anyway that I can bypass this screen
> and startup the Window XP OS - so I can reset my password?

Anonymous
August 12, 2004 12:51:36 AM

Start here:

Jupiter Jones [MVP]