Language change

Hi
I live in France and have just replaced my old pc with a new French one.
Unfortunately everything, including XP, is naturally in French and impossible
for me to use - yet! Can anyone point me to a site which would help me sort
things out.
--
Bri
3 answers Last reply

    You need to purchase the english version (or which ever
    language) to have the language of choice. Their is
    no "magic toggle" to change languages. Same thing goes
    for any other software you need.

    Thanks for your help - life is never simple, is it! Having paid for this I
    will concentrate on my French course. I object to putting more dollars into
    the Microsoft
    coffers.
    Bri

    Windows XP is written in specific language versions, therefore one
    cannot change it from one language version to another. You'll need
    to purchase a "Full Version" of Windows XP in the language version
    you desire, reformat your drive and install it "clean".

    Or if you have an available empty drive or partition, you can install
    another "Full Version" of Windows XP in a different language version
    and create a dual-boot configuration.

    Cannot Upgrade or Install a Different Language Version of Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;282089

    Welcome to WorldLanguage.com!
    http://www.worldlanguage.com/

    A good third-party partitioning program is Partition Magic 8.
    http://www.powerquest.com/partitionmagic/

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "Bri" wrote:

    | Hi
    | I live in France and have just replaced my old pc with a new French one.
    | Unfortunately everything, including XP, is naturally in French and impossible
    | for me to use - yet! Can anyone point me to a site which would help me sort
    | things out.
    | --
    | Bri

Microsoft Windows XP