Five Reasons to Love Call of Duty 4

Ara23

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2007
I have been in the Call of Duty series from the start, CoD2 was my favorite though. Call of Duty 4 looks very nice, and I can't wait to get it. I am pretty disappointed that the beta is 360 only though, I hope PC gets some of the lovin' too, because after all, PC gamers are what made the CoD series what it is. I can't wait for this game to come out, and if it's DX10, then ATi/NVIDIA need to make some new graphics cards...because from what I've seen they dont perform too well in Dx10.

jrnyfan

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2005
uh...the pictures are swell and all but number 15 talks about Blackhawk Helicopters and the picture is of 2 AH-64 Apache Helicopters...might want to check up on that and get that fixed.

looks like a good game, hopefully the multiplayer is good enough to break me away from BF2...but i doubt it

FITCamaro

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2006
I can't wait to get the "Last Stand" ability and blow my head off instead of letting the enemy do it.

Whats funny is I was just thinking about having a feature like that in shooters. I wanna be able to whip out my pistol, put it to my temple, and be like "No FRAG for you. *boom*"

I think you should be able to pull out a grenade too and really go out with a bang.

robwright

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2006

Dude, sometimes you really scare me -- if only for the fact that I was thinking the same thing but was kind of afraid to say it.

As for the helicopters, yes, they are Cobras. My mistake, sorry.

morerevs

Distinguished
May 19, 2007
You can always kill yourself with a grenade, I always do it by accident :D Plenty of times when I throw one, it bounces wrong and ends up next to my feet :bounce:

Sengoku

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2007
Any votes for "It's not another WWII game", of which we've been overloaded with in the past few years. Of course, they had to pick the global war on terror, which isn't exactly virgin territory, thanks to Tom Clancy....

Trialsking

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007

I was going to say the same thing. WWII ended over 60 years ago...and the WWII genre should have ended a few years ago as well. The franchise almost became Call of WWII.

uberman

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2007
Hey Rome ended a thousand years ago but it still made a great game.Sure the older Call of Duty or Medal of Honor games don't have laser cannons and plasma pistols but IMO they are still some of the best FPS's out there.There are a lot of maps and mods and multiplayer on the right servers is very nice.Also ,62 years ago (there are still people alive from that time)guys like Hitler and Stalin were walking the earth.Think about it. It really wasn't that long ago.

prawcess

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2007
I would really like to see a game based on WW1 .. I dont know why they havent done that yet, but I think it would be pretty dope.

uberman

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2007
Yes WW1 would be cool for a game.There is a lot of material out there for war games.As graphics get better I can see more from the genre.There certainly are more stories to be told and battlefields to fight on and real life is sometimes more interesting than fiction.