Paul wrote:
> How can I disable Messenger? It is very intrusive.

Microsoft Windows Messenger?
MSN Messenger?

If MSN Messenger, then in the application itself:
TOOLS -> Options -> Preferences and uncheck everything. Click OK. Close
the Window. Right-click on the little blue dude near the clock (if there)
and exit.

Then, go to this directory:

C:\Program Files\Messenger

Erase everything EXCEPT "msmsgs.exe".
What that does is fool the checker into thinking you really have this
application and it allows the MSN Messenger (if you use it) to still access
the functions it needs (I believe.) It should silence your demon.

NOW - you want to get rid of it even further?

Disable it in Outlook (adjust the 10.0 directory as needed for your office
version..)

Remove Windows Messenger from Internet Explorer

Remove Windows Messenger from Outlook Express

If Microsoft Windows Messenger:

But I highly suggest a firewall too...!!

--
<- Shenan ->