Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

My .zip files have lost association with XP zipper util

How do I get it back?

Thanx

kelly

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

For XP default:

Go to Start/Run and type in: regsvr32 zipfldr.dll

Restore Zip Folders to Default in XP (Line 139)

HOW TO: Use Compressed (Zipped) Folders in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q306531

Hotfix 329048 Causes a Zipped File Not to Be Shown If the Name Contains a
Comma
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q813942

Zip Files Downloaded with Internet Explorer Are Not Saved to Your Computer
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308090&Product=winxp

--
All the Best,
Kelly

Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP
2004 Windows MVP "Winny" Award

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

"JethroUK" <reply@the.board> wrote in message
> My .zip files have lost association with XP zipper util
>
> How do I get it back?
>
> Thanx

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

Right click on one of your zip files and choose "open with" and then pick the
prog you want to open them with and tick the box saying always choose this
prog to open with etc.Then all your zips should open with this choosen prog
in the future.