AMD 1.2 with a7v-133 ??

PF_Mark

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2002
I am re-installing WinMe and I have not done this four such a long time I have forgoten. I have Two USB ports one works but the secound one needs to to load something?? I have loaded the promiseland stuff. What Am I forgetting?

ejsmith2

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
It doesn't depend on ports, it depends on the hubs.

You have one onboard your mainboard. If you have an "addon" card, then that's another matter, but the driver should work for all cards, period.

Sounds like you're trying to drive a device that requires too much power, or have a bad cable/connection.

P4's @ 3600Mhz ()wNz J00 4LL!!!!!!

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
well first you will need the motherboard drivers, get the latest Via 4in1's (4.43 i think).
Then check that both USB hubs are enabled and working in the system hardware device page.

Then you will probably need the correct drivers for whatever you are plugging into the USB ports :smile:

<b>I'm THE THGC Strumpet! Hear me Roar! *Squeak!* :cool: </b>

PF_Mark

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2002
OK I think I am making Progress with this? I have the VIA 4-IN-1 v4.24(2) stuff loaded but this stuff work with these drivers before? I though that the USB which is not PCI but plugs into the mother board was the problem. So I switched the components around to find no difference. I have my MS-USB keyboard and USB optical mouse working on the two USB ports from the M/B. I have MS-forcefeed back II USB and a Lexmark Z42 USB printer on the other USB which plugs into the M\B. So yes maybe both of these devices need more power to operate? or I am forgetting that maybe I downloaded other divers for these two devices I already downloaded the drivers from MS site that That should work?

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by PF_Mark on 10/03/02 03:20 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

PF_Mark

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2002
OK I think I am making Progress with this? I have the VIA 4-IN-1 v4.24(2) stuff loaded but this stuff work with these drivers before? I though that the USB which is not PCI but plugs into the mother board was the problem. So I switched the components around to find no difference. I have my MS-USB keyboard and USB optical mouse working on the two USB ports from the M/B. I have MS-forcefeed back II USB and a Lexmark Z42 USB printer on the other USB which plugs into the M\B. So yes maybe both of these devices need more power to operate? or I am forgetting that maybe I downloaded other divers for these two devices I already downloaded the drivers from MS site that That should work?

PF_Mark

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2002

Thanks for our reply any ideas?

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
best if you use the official drives from whoever made the device.

you could try switching around the devices, see if that helps any.

<b>I'm THE THGC Strumpet! Hear me Roar! *Squeak!* :cool: </b>

PF_Mark

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2002
Thanks for the help I sovled the problem The USB ports are fine It was the devices witch I have working now.