ASP.NET user account; I don't won't it

August 12, 2004 12:55:46 PM

I sort of understand what ASP.net is, meaning that I know
that it is not a maliciouslly installed. I also read the
site "http://www.mvps.org/marksxp/WindowsXP/aspdot.php"
which describes a little about the asp software, but
here's the thing. I downloaded a program that required me
to install Microsoft.net framework 1.1 but after I tested
the program it was not what I wanted. So know I am stuck
with this Microsoft.net framework 1.1 and an ASP.Net user
account. I not in anyway a network programmer nor would
like to run network software and I have very limitied
hard drive space, which I believe this is one of the
reason why my programs are crashing. Though doing a
search through this newsgroup, I found that some users
had main windows problems such as not be able to login
after deleting the account. So how I do I get rid of
these 2 programs without causing major problems? I have
Windows XP Home Edition OEM version which I here that
this software package is different. Will I have a problem
removing this?

More about : asp net user account

Anonymous
August 12, 2004 3:04:24 PM

To Uninstall the .NET Framework
Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel. (In Windows
XP, click Start and then click Control Panel.)
Click Add/Remove Programs.
Click Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 and then click Change/Remove.

Remove the ASP.NET account through the Control Panel as well. Go to User
Accounts and delete it.

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp