Odd AT7 Max2 behavior

Quantumfoam

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2002
I seem to have something odd happening with the PC I just built. When I shut it down I still have some power running to my mouse and keyboard. For example, the red optic light under the mouse stay lit after shutdown using the shutdown option in Win XP. And moving the mouse doesn't bring it back to life, so I don't think it's in a suspend mode.

In order to shut the mouse light off I need to flip the power switch on the power supply off and then hit the power button on the PC which sends a small surge and then the power goes out. They are connected to the PS2 ports on the motherboard. When I flip the power supply switch back on my mouse will light back up again, without powering the system on.

If anyone has encountered this or has a thought as to what may be causing this to happen please reply. Im rather nervous about having to clear the power every time I shut down. Thank you.

System componants:

ABIT AT7-MAX2,VIA KT400
ATI RADEON 9700 PRO
ENERMAX EG465P-VE(FCA). 431W
AMD ATHLON XP 2100+
CORSAIR 512MB 64MX64 PC-3000C2PT
WESTERN DIGITAL WD800JB HD x2(Raid0)
Lite-On 16x DVD Model LTD-163
ASUS CRW-4816A
SOUND BLASTER AUDIGY
Windows XP Professional

JossiBossi

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2002
Well For as far as I know it is normal that an opticalmouse keeps the red light on (even if the PC is shutted down)as long that there still power on the Board.

My mouse does it(Logitech Optical and i have no AT7 Max2 (i wish i had one hehe)