Instant Messaging

Hi, i've just installed a home network and want to ask something about
instant messaging from a user on one computer to another user on another
computer on the network. Is this possible? I've noticed that if you press
ctrl+alt+del there is a tab titled 'users'. On it there is an option to 'send
message' but i cant get this to work. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Hi,

Start/run cmd

type "net send /?"

This is the basic tool for sending messages. If you search a bit, you will
find many, many free "lan chat" programs.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Chili" <Chili@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, i've just installed a home network and want to ask something about
> instant messaging from a user on one computer to another user on another
> computer on the network. Is this possible? I've noticed that if you press
> ctrl+alt+del there is a tab titled 'users'. On it there is an option to
> 'send
> message' but i cant get this to work. Any help is greatly appreciated.
> Thanks.

| "Chili" <Chili@discussions.microsoft.com>
| Message news:3967703E-7281-4EC9-BB94-1C43C901B2FC@microsoft.com
| Hi, i've just installed a home network and want to ask
| something about instant messaging from a user on one computer
| to another user on another computer on the network. Is this
| possible? I've noticed that if you press ctrl+alt+del there is
| a tab titled 'users'. On it there is an option to 'send
| message' but i cant get this to work. Any help is greatly
| appreciated. Thanks.

Microsoft Windows XP ships with a GUI chat application named
WinChat (winchat.exe) that may meet your needs. For more
information see the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:

KB308232 - Using Windows Chat in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?Product=winxp&scid=kb;en-us;308232