Downloading Pictures

When I save a picture from the internet, my only options are to save as "art"
or "bitmap". Neither are any good as they can't be viewed afterwards. Why
can't I save files as JPEG's? Thank you!
5 answers Last reply
More about downloading pictures

    Try emptying your Internet Explorer temporary files. From Internet Explorer,
    Tools > Internet Options > General tab > delete files button. This may help.

    "X-Man" wrote:

    > When I save a picture from the internet, my only options are to save as "art"
    > or "bitmap". Neither are any good as they can't be viewed afterwards. Why
    > can't I save files as JPEG's? Thank you!

    Hi, X-Man.

    The usual fix for this is to empty your Internet cache.

    From IE, click Tools | Internet options.... On the first tab (General),
    check out the Temporary Internet Files area. And on the Advanced tab, there
    is an option to Empty TIF each time you exit the browser; you might want to
    check this, especially if you have broadband.

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    "X-Man" <X-Man@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When I save a picture from the internet, my only options are to save as
    > "art"
    > or "bitmap". Neither are any good as they can't be viewed afterwards. Why
    > can't I save files as JPEG's? Thank you!

    You need to specify a file to save the pictures too other than the IE Cache.
    This option is always at your disposal the moment you choose to save a jpeg.
    Simply click the browse button when asked where you want it saved to and
    choose a file like "My Pictures" that has no limit to it's size. {]:~)

    You need to find out what the difference is between a
    file and a folder, and between "to" and "too."

    X-Man wrote:
    > When I save a picture from the internet, my only options are to save
    > as "art" or "bitmap". Neither are any good as they can't be viewed
    > afterwards. Why can't I save files as JPEG's? Thank you!

    Simple. You're using the world's worst internet client. Once you have
    removed it from your system, you will be able to save as whatever format you
    desire. For removal instructions, read on...

    1) Take the AOHELL CD

    2) If you are old enough to drive, and have a licence, place it in the
    middle of the drive and back over it several times.

    3) If you are not old enough to drive - or don't have a licence - place
    said CD in the microwave and cook on full power for a couple of minutes - it
    really is fascinating, and most satisfying, to watch.

    4) Place resulting mess in the rubbish

    5) Pick up the phone, call AOHELL 'Customer Service' and tell them you
    wish to cancel your account. Don't, however tempting it might be, let them
    persuade you to stay with offers of 'free' months.

    6) Ask people for recommendations for a proper ISP.

    7) Call new ISP of choice and sign up.

    There! Problem solved.

    Unfortunately, removing AOHELL's trojanic software will, most likely,
    require a complete format and reinstall.

    lose his marbles?

Microsoft Internet Windows XP