CD Packet writing

I just got a PC which has Win XP Pro.

I had a Freecom CD / DVD-RW drive on my old PC which came with Nero 5.5
which I used all the time to back-up on using the In-cd packet writing
software that came on the Nero floppy disk that came with the CD.

On this floppy is says for installations on Win 2000 / XP or NT4 systems use
the version of In-cd on the (Nero) CD. When I try to install that version, I
get a pop-up telling me this version is only for Win 2000 or NT and won't
let me continue to install.

Has anyone got a work around on this?

Ron O'Brien
4 answers Last reply
More about packet writing

    Download the Free Nero Update v.5.5 and install.
    Use the Product Key that came with your Nero CD.
    http://www.nero.com/us/631933457317970.html

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "Ron O'Brien" wrote:

    | I just got a PC which has Win XP Pro.
    |
    | I had a Freecom CD / DVD-RW drive on my old PC which came with Nero 5.5
    | which I used all the time to back-up on using the In-cd packet writing
    | software that came on the Nero floppy disk that came with the CD.
    |
    | On this floppy is says for installations on Win 2000 / XP or NT4 systems use
    | the version of In-cd on the (Nero) CD. When I try to install that version, I
    | get a pop-up telling me this version is only for Win 2000 or NT and won't
    | let me continue to install.
    |
    | Has anyone got a work around on this?
    |

    | Ron O'Brien

    You might try installing one of the free updates from Nero's site.
    http://www.nero.com/en/nero-up_vor.php

    "Ron O'Brien" wrote:

    > I just got a PC which has Win XP Pro.
    >
    > I had a Freecom CD / DVD-RW drive on my old PC which came with Nero 5.5
    > which I used all the time to back-up on using the In-cd packet writing
    > software that came on the Nero floppy disk that came with the CD.
    >
    > On this floppy is says for installations on Win 2000 / XP or NT4 systems use
    > the version of In-cd on the (Nero) CD. When I try to install that version, I
    > get a pop-up telling me this version is only for Win 2000 or NT and won't
    > let me continue to install.
    >
    > Has anyone got a work around on this?
    >

    > Ron O'Brien

    Thanks, I'll try the up-grades.....I suppose I should have thought about
    that - but, it is Friday 13th!!!

    boo! :)

    "Ron O'Brien" wrote:

    > Thanks, I'll try the up-grades.....I suppose I should have thought about
    > that - but, it is Friday 13th!!!

Floppy Disk CD-Rom Nero Windows XP