CD Packet writing

August 13, 2004 7:00:17 PM

I just got a PC which has Win XP Pro.

I had a Freecom CD / DVD-RW drive on my old PC which came with Nero 5.5
which I used all the time to back-up on using the In-cd packet writing
software that came on the Nero floppy disk that came with the CD.

On this floppy is says for installations on Win 2000 / XP or NT4 systems use
the version of In-cd on the (Nero) CD. When I try to install that version, I
get a pop-up telling me this version is only for Win 2000 or NT and won't
let me continue to install.

Has anyone got a work around on this?

Ron O'Brien

More about : packet writing

Anonymous
August 13, 2004 7:00:18 PM

Download the Free Nero Update v.5.5 and install.
Use the Product Key that came with your Nero CD.
http://www.nero.com/us/631933457317970.html

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Ron O'Brien" wrote:

| I just got a PC which has Win XP Pro.
|
| I had a Freecom CD / DVD-RW drive on my old PC which came with Nero 5.5
| which I used all the time to back-up on using the In-cd packet writing
| software that came on the Nero floppy disk that came with the CD.
|
| On this floppy is says for installations on Win 2000 / XP or NT4 systems use
| the version of In-cd on the (Nero) CD. When I try to install that version, I
| get a pop-up telling me this version is only for Win 2000 or NT and won't
| let me continue to install.
|
| Has anyone got a work around on this?
|

| Ron O'Brien
Anonymous
August 13, 2004 7:00:18 PM

You might try installing one of the free updates from Nero's site.
http://www.nero.com/en/nero-up_vor.php

"Ron O'Brien" wrote:

> I just got a PC which has Win XP Pro.
>
> I had a Freecom CD / DVD-RW drive on my old PC which came with Nero 5.5
> which I used all the time to back-up on using the In-cd packet writing
> software that came on the Nero floppy disk that came with the CD.
>
> On this floppy is says for installations on Win 2000 / XP or NT4 systems use
> the version of In-cd on the (Nero) CD. When I try to install that version, I
> get a pop-up telling me this version is only for Win 2000 or NT and won't
> let me continue to install.
>
> Has anyone got a work around on this?
>

> Ron O'Brien

August 13, 2004 8:30:05 PM

Thanks, I'll try the up-grades.....I suppose I should have thought about
that - but, it is Friday 13th!!!
Anonymous
August 13, 2004 8:30:06 PM

boo! :)