CE mod

Ok, I thought I would download the CE mod to have a play with while the WoW
beta is downloading, (its uploading at a faster rate than its d/l'ing at the
moment and since I cant restrict the upload bandwidth, playing realms is
untenable) so I follow all the prompts and do a complete install, however
when I go to the activator it tells me "missing file, cant find
chaosempire.ce" yet when I look in the directory its there, no mods
installed, the only change made is the modified .dll to run multiple
instances on one comp. I've uninstalled the mod and re-installed it, I have
also tried the 7.51 patch but that made no difference either.

Any suggestions?

Craig
2 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware

    On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 19:41:30 +1100, "Craig" <NOBODY@IRRELEVANT.com.au>
    wrote:

    >Ok, I thought I would download the CE mod to have a play with while the WoW
    >beta is downloading, (its uploading at a faster rate than its d/l'ing at the
    >moment and since I cant restrict the upload bandwidth, playing realms is
    >untenable) so I follow all the prompts and do a complete install, however
    >when I go to the activator it tells me "missing file, cant find
    >chaosempire.ce" yet when I look in the directory its there, no mods
    >installed, the only change made is the modified .dll to run multiple
    >instances on one comp. I've uninstalled the mod and re-installed it, I have
    >also tried the 7.51 patch but that made no difference either.
    >
    >Any suggestions?
    >
    >Craig

    Oops! Teach *me* to look for the other post when someone mentions it
    ;-) Yeah, a couple more. First, the modified .dll may be the problem,
    this guy's anti-cheat thing is *much* stronger than Blizzard's. Do you
    have a back-up of the original .dll? If not, I can email it to you,
    stupid me forgot to email the modified one to *myself* after I got
    Chuck to send it to me on the old machine (where I already had it).
    The other I already mentioned in the other thread, try the ... er, um,
    never mind, it looks like I was wrong about there being a full package
    for 7.51a, but I could have *sworn* I'd gotten it, unfortunately the
    mod is saying I'm wrong (version 7.50).

    And did you manage to get an account for WoW? I thought you said you
    were too late? I managed to get on last night long enough to get lost
    (surprise, surprise ;-) ), get my first few kills and get killed
    myself trying to figure out how to use my bow, and am now waiting to
    get some help from Stephen or RTFM ;-)

    ald
    "Knowledge is Power"
    VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
    Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
    Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
    Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
    Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
    Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
    Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
    Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
    Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
    Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
    BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
    Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
    Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
    CotSRSig #16

    ald wrote:
    > On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 19:41:30 +1100, "Craig" <NOBODY@IRRELEVANT.com.au>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Ok, I thought I would download the CE mod to have a play with while
    >> the WoW beta is downloading, (its uploading at a faster rate than
    >> its d/l'ing at the moment and since I cant restrict the upload
    >> bandwidth, playing realms is untenable) so I follow all the prompts
    >> and do a complete install, however when I go to the activator it
    >> tells me "missing file, cant find chaosempire.ce" yet when I look in
    >> the directory its there, no mods installed, the only change made is
    >> the modified .dll to run multiple instances on one comp. I've
    >> uninstalled the mod and re-installed it, I have also tried the 7.51
    >> patch but that made no difference either.
    >>
    >> Any suggestions?
    >>
    >> Craig
    >

    > Oops! Teach *me* to look for the other post when someone mentions it
    > ;-) Yeah, a couple more. First, the modified .dll may be the problem,
    > this guy's anti-cheat thing is *much* stronger than Blizzard's. Do you
    > have a back-up of the original .dll? If not, I can email it to you,
    > stupid me forgot to email the modified one to *myself* after I got
    > Chuck to send it to me on the old machine (where I already had it).
    > The other I already mentioned in the other thread, try the ... er, um,
    > never mind, it looks like I was wrong about there being a full package
    > for 7.51a, but I could have *sworn* I'd gotten it, unfortunately the
    > mod is saying I'm wrong (version 7.50).

    I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling D2, someone had posted on the forum
    that it could be directorys with a space in them causing the problem eg
    C:/program files
    and with the possibility of either that or the .dll being the problem, I
    decided a fresh re-install wouldn't hurt, so now its working.
    Lo and behold, you cant download WoW and play D2 at the same time, one boots
    the other.

    BLIZZARD SUXORS!!111!1!1!

    > And did you manage to get an account for WoW? I thought you said you
    > were too late? I managed to get on last night long enough to get lost
    > (surprise, surprise ;-) ), get my first few kills and get killed
    > myself trying to figure out how to use my bow, and am now waiting to
    > get some help from Stephen or RTFM ;-)

    Still trying to d/l the stupid thing at 23% after 18 hours and currently
    coming down at 2-12k, however I am uploading at 8-18k
    I guess blizzard believes its better to give than receive, and they want us
    to give them lots of money

    Craig

Video Games