Email Message at Welcome Screen

Hi. The Welcome Screen says that I have 27 unread email messages under my
name. When I click on it, it says to log on, go to Start and click on Email.
When I do that, it takes me into my Outlook Express account in which I have
no unread email messages. My nephew lived here and had his email and
Messenger and all his info. loaded onto my screen even though I tried to get
him to set up his own. I think that might be where this email message comes
from. He hasn't been here in a month and I would like to totally delete him
or at least that unread emails message. I deleted MSN Messenger from my
computer but that did not get rid of it. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Hi Niki,

You can use this utility, available from Doug Knox's site, to disable the
unread email notification:
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_mailnotify.htm
Click on the link for the second d/load (i.e., xp_mailnotify_all.vbs)

Regards,

--
Patti MacLeod
Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User

"NikiWile" <NikiWile@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi. The Welcome Screen says that I have 27 unread email messages under my
> name. When I click on it, it says to log on, go to Start and click on
Email.
> When I do that, it takes me into my Outlook Express account in which I
have
> no unread email messages. My nephew lived here and had his email and
> Messenger and all his info. loaded onto my screen even though I tried to
get
> him to set up his own. I think that might be where this email message
comes
> from. He hasn't been here in a month and I would like to totally delete
him
> or at least that unread emails message. I deleted MSN Messenger from my
> computer but that did not get rid of it. Any help would be greatly
> appreciated.

Additionally, Nikki, you can remove his old logon information for Messenger (Hotmail), by going to Start, Run and entering CONTROL USERPASSWORDS2 Go to the Advanced tab and click Manage Passwords.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.