Perfect Motherboard for a P4 2.53GhZ?

scottmurray

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2002
Well, I may not be a Hardware expert like some of you gurus out there, but I have a few questions that I believe you guys have the answers to.

I need a Motherboard that will support a P4 2.53GhZ, no raid....Preferably with built in 6 channel audio (if there is one).

One thing I do not know about is the type of RAM, all I know is that I don't want RAMBUS. The 'best' type of RAM in your opinion should be fine, I'm buying 512MBs of it, and possibly in the future put another 512MBs in....So, I hope this is enough info.

I like ASUS...I've used their Mobo's for a while.

And also, I need a reasonable price, between 100-200$CDN....I don't know how much that is American...hehe, well I'm off, I really hope I posted this in the right forums and that you guys can answer my questions...

-Scott

pr497

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001
you might wanna try out the P4B533...it's a ddr based motherboard from asus...it also can run ram at ddr354 (slightly higher than ddr333)...so make sure you get ram that can handle that speed...

:eek: <b>L <font color=red>A</font color=red> e <font color=red>T</font color=red> a <font color=red>I</font color=red> K</b> :eek:

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Well, I hate to dissapoint, but the best chipset for the P4 is the i850E, and that means RAMBUS. The second best chipset would probably be the SiS 645DX. The 648 has better features than the 645DX but is still a bit too new for me to recommend a board based on it.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>