Bridge 2 Motherboards???

Indignity

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2002
Is it possible to bridge two identical motherboards to operate in conjunction similar to a dual proc unit? What I have is a bunch of "old" HP Vectra VL4s (don't know what "brand" these Mobos are)that were recently phased out at work (thank god!). My boss wants me to get rid of them & doesn't care what I do with them. My thought was to do some experimenting with them. I plan on utilizing some of the guides on this site to experiment & learn.
#1 - Is this possible? (I will utilize an OS that recognizes dual procs)
#2 - Is there a guide or information on accomplishing this located on the web or maybe a book that I should read?
#3 - Any other recommendations on what to do with some of these units where I could actually learn something useful? I do plan on teaching myself the Linux with one of them. I don't want to do any of the obvious things like setting up a proxy server or gateway.
Your feedback would be much appreciated!!
Regards,
TJ

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
For instance a Beowolf Cluster, uses Linux to tie a bunch of clients together to one server, and the server distributes the workload between the clients. Uses standard network cards.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>