I have XP professional recently installed on the "kids" computer. I am
having trouble running the games that we won't let them run on our computers.
Specifically, Heroes of Might and Magic. I think I need an older version of
windows to make this game work. Is that the problem?

If so, I can't seem to figure out how to remove XP and reinstall ME. Help! :)

Thanks

Sorry, you cannot uninstall an operating system, you would have to start from
scratch, reformat etc, as far as running the game you can try to fool it by
right clicking on the game icon that launches the program, select properties.
under compatibility mode select the box "run this program in compatibility
mode for" there are different operating systems you can select.

"handymom" wrote:

> I have XP professional recently installed on the "kids" computer. I am
> having trouble running the games that we won't let them run on our computers.
> Specifically, Heroes of Might and Magic. I think I need an older version of
> windows to make this game work. Is that the problem?
>
> If so, I can't seem to figure out how to remove XP and reinstall ME. Help! :)
>
> Thanks

David

I had the same problem with pop cap games(bejeweled). If
you go to the mfgrs web site they usually have a patch or
workaround for the problem.

Thank you both for your help. I will try the suggestions!