email loss

i have just updated from ME to XP PRO and have lost all
my emails despite the installer assuring me first that
all that sort of info would be saved!!! also, i made a
restore point b4 hand incase of any probs, but thats gone
too!!! please help, thanx, simon.
1 answer Last reply
More about email loss

    simon wrote:
    > i have just updated from ME to XP PRO and have lost all
    > my emails despite the installer assuring me first that
    > all that sort of info would be saved!!! also, i made a
    > restore point b4 hand incase of any probs, but thats gone
    > too!!! please help, thanx, simon.

    That's because the upgrade created a new identity for you, as explained
    in
    the article linked below. Your old DBX files are still there (or should
    be
    on your computer) and all you have to do is search for them and follow
    the
    routine in the article.

    OLEXP: Mail Objects Missing After Upgrade to Windows XP (Q313055):
    http://support.microsoft.com/directory/article.asp?ID=KB;EN-US;q313055

    --
    Kath Adams
    MS MVP - Windows (IE/OE)