I have several items listed in add/remove programs list
(imported from Win98 2nd Ed) that will not remove.
Errors such as lang. failure, can not access network
drive (I am not on Network, just a single stand alone and
not network drivers show in Network options). How can
these files be removed and also be removed from list?
Thanks,
G Smith

Hi,

To remove the invalid/orphaned entries from the Add/Remove applet manually [Windows 2000/XP]

1. Start Registry Editor (Regedit.exe).
2. Locate the following key in the registry:
3. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
4. Make sure you backup the keys by exporting them to a .reg file.
5. Look for the name of the program with the orphaned entry.
6. Delete the entire listing for the software with the orphaned entry.
7. Close the registry editor.
8. Restart your computer.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

Windows 2000 Group Policy Registry Table:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/en-us/gp/gpref.asp