I recently installed windows xp prof. My computer does not recognise any
printer
When I go to install a printer in "Add a Printer" a red x appears with words
operation could not be completed. I suspec that some windows files may be
missing or corrupted a similar problem occurs when I try to open the Help and
Support in the start mernu display

Jax

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2002

Hi Crofty,

You may need XP drivers from the printer manufacturer in order for the
printer to work. Go to the web-site of the company that made the printer and
see if they offer XP drivers, if not, sometimes 2K drivers will work.

LOL, JAX