Weapons

Is it possible that a weapon can become less effective after a time? What
I mean is, I got this really great sword. And, when I first used it, it
seemed like I only had to hit ANYTHING once and it died. Yeah, it had to
be repaired from time to time, but now it doesn't seem as effective as it
was before. Can a weapon get repaired so much as to deem it useless after
a time?

Diane
31 answers Last reply
More about weapons

    On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 23:27:54 GMT, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net>
    wrote:

    >Is it possible that a weapon can become less effective after a time? What
    >I mean is, I got this really great sword. And, when I first used it, it
    >seemed like I only had to hit ANYTHING once and it died. Yeah, it had to
    >be repaired from time to time, but now it doesn't seem as effective as it
    >was before. Can a weapon get repaired so much as to deem it useless after
    >a time?
    >
    >Diane

    Nope, damage doesn't go down on weapons, but monsters *do* get more
    hitpoints (even the same monster type, sometimes) as you move through
    the game.

    ald
    "Knowledge is Power"
    VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
    Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
    Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
    Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
    Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
    Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
    Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
    Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
    Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
    Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
    BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
    Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
    Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
    CotSRSig #16

    ald <103175.3500@compuserve.com> wrote in

    > Nope, damage doesn't go down on weapons, but monsters *do* get more
    > hitpoints (even the same monster type, sometimes) as you move through
    > the game.
    >
    > ald

    Yeah, that's what's happening. Just after I posted that, I managed to
    go up a lvl and suddenly it seemed like my sword was better again.
    Maybe b/c I put a point in SM and another into IS which would build up
    my defense. However, he's just swinging wildly quite a bit and not
    connecting with anything, or so it seems. This is pissing me off.

    Diane

    Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net> typed as if devouring a plate of spoo:
    > ald <103175.3500@compuserve.com> wrote in
    >

    >> Nope, damage doesn't go down on weapons, but monsters *do* get more
    >> hitpoints (even the same monster type, sometimes) as you move through
    >> the game.
    >>
    >> ald
    >

    > Yeah, that's what's happening. Just after I posted that, I managed to
    > go up a lvl and suddenly it seemed like my sword was better again.
    > Maybe b/c I put a point in SM and another into IS which would build up
    > my defense. However, he's just swinging wildly quite a bit and not
    > connecting with anything, or so it seems. This is pissing me off.

    Dex. *nods*
    Ask any Amazon, the Joy of Dex is a good thing ;)

    There is no spoon.

    EvilBill - http://evilbill.50megs.com/index.html
    My Quake2 FTP site: ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/EvilBill/
    Jack of Hearts of the Eeeevil Trek Cabal (TINC)

    "EvilBill" <quake2lives@gmail.com> wrote in news:3688d3F4uponoU1
    @individual.net:

    > Dex. *nods*
    > Ask any Amazon, the Joy of Dex is a good thing ;)

    OK, more point going into DEX. Thx.
    Diane

    Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net> typed as if devouring a plate of spoo:
    > "EvilBill" <quake2lives@gmail.com> wrote in news:3688d3F4uponoU1
    > @individual.net:
    >

    >> Dex. *nods*
    >> Ask any Amazon, the Joy of Dex is a good thing ;)
    >
    > OK, more point going into DEX. Thx.
    > Diane

    Not too many for a barb, since his AR doesn't go up with much with points in
    dex - but a few extra are always useful for a sword-user. :)

    Diane wrote:

    > Is it possible that a weapon can become less effective after a time? What
    > I mean is, I got this really great sword. And, when I first used it, it
    > seemed like I only had to hit ANYTHING once and it died. Yeah, it had to
    > be repaired from time to time, but now it doesn't seem as effective as it
    > was before. Can a weapon get repaired so much as to deem it useless after
    > a time?
    >
    > Diane

    Not in D2. However, as the level of mobs goes up they have more HP's so
    your weapon will seemingly do less damage. This is especially true once
    you enter NM and Hell difficulties.

    Watchman :)
    --
    'Anyone who isn't confused doesn't really know what's going on'

    Watchman <stryder@SPAMPHOBICwhyalla.net.au> wrote in

    > Not in D2. However, as the level of mobs goes up they have more HP's
    > so your weapon will seemingly do less damage. This is especially true
    > once you enter NM and Hell difficulties.
    >
    > Watchman :)

    OK, well I'm playing Chaos Empire, but I would bet that the same rationale
    holds true. Makes sense, which is why I might/should look around for
    another sword.

    Thanks.
    Diane

    Doc wrote:
    > Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net> stared blankly into space for a short
    > while before writing:
    > > "EvilBill" <quake2lives@gmail.com> wrote in news:3688d3F4uponoU1
    > > @individual.net:
    > >

    > >> Dex. *nods*
    > >> Ask any Amazon, the Joy of Dex is a good thing ;)
    > >
    > > OK, more point going into DEX. Thx.
    > > Diane
    >
    > My Barbs usually don't have much more dex than I need to weild my
    > weapon, you get plenty of AR (attack rating) from Barb skills and
    > masteries.
    >
    > Every few levels check your character screen, hover your mouse
    pointer
    > over "Attack Rating" and it will show your chance of hitting the last
    > monster that you attacked (note that if the last monster was a
    Fallen,
    > it'll probably show up as 95% or so. This is misleading as Fallen are
    > the easiest buggers to hit:). If this gets below about 75% (some like
    it
    > higher) then you are probably going to be missing a bit too often.
    Cure?
    > Add some dex or mastery.
    >
    > With Barbs, you would normally add skill points only to one
    mastery...
    > However, in SP games this can bite you on the bum. You get to about
    lvl
    > 70 or so with 20 (30 in CE) points in sword mastery, then find an
    über
    > axe :)

    As to AR, there is one thing that is rarely mentioned, so I think the
    time has come to make a point here:

    A players chance to-hit is not just a function of his AR, it is also a
    function of his level as opposed to that of the monster in question.
    This can be seen when power leveling a character in the throne room in
    normal mode. Without laying out a point in DEX or pumping any skill
    that adds to AR, your chance to hit will steadily go up as you level
    up. That being the case, a player needs to determine how far he/she
    intends to go with the character at hand. If you intend to level them
    up high, then the need to plop points into DEX for AR alone is just
    about useless. With few exceptions, most monsters cap out at level 85
    or so. That being the case, when you make level 90 or so, your chance
    to hit them will be very high even if you haven't layed out a single
    point in DEX. Now, if you wish to block, that is an equine of a
    different hue. But for a Frnezy, or WW barb, a Pally, a spear chucker
    or piker, a combat dog or a melee assassin, points in DEX should be
    used with great care.

    Mickey

    Once upon a time - for example, Tue, 1 Feb 2005 04:23:46 -0000 - there
    was this guy, or something, called "EvilBill" <quake2lives@gmail.com>,
    and they made us all feel better by saying the following stuff:

    >>> Dex. *nods*
    >>> Ask any Amazon, the Joy of Dex is a good thing ;)
    >>
    >> OK, more point going into DEX. Thx.
    >> Diane
    >
    >Not too many for a barb, since his AR doesn't go up with much with points in
    >dex - but a few extra are always useful for a sword-user. :)

    I've found that it's impossible to wear decent armour unless you have
    170 strength or more. But after that, it's best to add to dexterity
    because you hit better, and your defence goes up all by itself. Plus,
    if you're an Amazon, you can dodge stuff. It cuts down your fighting
    effectiveness, but it keeps you alive.

    C&J

    --
    Beware of Trojans, they're complete smegheads.

    - 13 & 13b of 12, the CMM Collective.
    - www.afrj-monkeyhouse.org

    "Chucky & Janica" <janica.hindle@kolumbus.finland> wrote in message
    > I've found that it's impossible to wear decent armour unless you have
    > 170 strength or more.

    Say what? What armors are you referring to? You can use an upped Duriel's
    Shell or even an upped Shaftstop for less than 170 strength(upped Shaft
    requires 158). You can also use many of the runeword armors(both expensive
    ones like CoH and Fortitude, or cheap ones like Lionheart and Smoke) in a
    light elite armor for much less than 170 strength. You could make a runeword
    wire fleece for 111 strength. And these are some of the best armors for a
    zon, so what on earth are you talking about that requires 170 strength?

    > But after that, it's best to add to dexterity
    > because you hit better, and your defence goes up all by itself. Plus,
    > if you're an Amazon, you can dodge stuff. It cuts down your fighting
    > effectiveness, but it keeps you alive.

    Adding points to vitality keeps you alive much better than adding to
    dexterity.

    Hi,

    Chucky & Janica <janica.hindle@kolumbus.finland> wrote in

    > Once upon a time - for example, Tue, 1 Feb 2005 04:23:46 -0000 - there
    > was this guy, or something, called "EvilBill" <quake2lives@gmail.com>,
    > and they made us all feel better by saying the following stuff:

    >>Not too many for a barb, since his AR doesn't go up with much with
    >>points in dex - but a few extra are always useful for a sword-user. :)
    >
    > I've found that it's impossible to wear decent armour unless you have
    > 170 strength or more. But after that, it's best to add to dexterity
    > because you hit better, and your defence goes up all by itself. Plus,
    > if you're an Amazon, you can dodge stuff. It cuts down your fighting
    > effectiveness, but it keeps you alive.

    which decent armor do you wear that requires 170 strength? Upgraded
    Duriel's Shell or STONE runeword in a Wyrmhide armor give about 1600 def
    and are less than 120 STR to wear.

    Regards,

    Oliver

    "Doc" <the.doc.is.in@REMOVETHlSgmail.com> wrote in news:41fff823
    @duster.adelaide.on.net:

    > With Barbs, you would normally add skill points only to one mastery...
    > However, in SP games this can bite you on the bum. You get to about
    lvl
    > 70 or so with 20 (30 in CE) points in sword mastery, then find an über
    > axe :)

    Oh no. I hate hearing this. I specialize in swords, and I've never
    bothered at all with an axe. Well, I've been bringing my sword mastery
    up very nicely. Maybe it wouldn't hurt to throw some pts into axe
    mastery. I just hate wasting the points tho.

    I especially enjoy chain lightening. How can I acquire that?

    Diane

    Hi,

    "Doc" <the.doc.is.in@REMOVETHlSgmail.com> wrote in news:41fff823
    @duster.adelaide.on.net:

    > With Barbs, you would normally add skill points only to one mastery...
    > However, in SP games this can bite you on the bum. You get to about lvl
    > 70 or so with 20 (30 in CE) points in sword mastery, then find an über
    > axe :)

    that's why all my barbs only use axes. Most runewords work in axes and
    there is always crafting axes with the blood recipe.

    Regards,

    Oliver

    On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 22:20:27 GMT, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net>
    wrote:

    >Oh no. I hate hearing this. I specialize in swords, and I've never
    >bothered at all with an axe. Well, I've been bringing my sword mastery
    >up very nicely. Maybe it wouldn't hurt to throw some pts into axe
    >mastery. I just hate wasting the points tho.
    >
    >I especially enjoy chain lightening. How can I acquire that?
    >
    >Diane

    There aren't many ways to get it on your sword, none that I know of,
    but if you hire an Act 3 Lightning Merc, he has it ;-)

    Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net> wrote in

    > "Doc" <the.doc.is.in@REMOVETHlSgmail.com> wrote in news:41fff823
    > @duster.adelaide.on.net:
    >

    >> With Barbs, you would normally add skill points only to one mastery...
    >> However, in SP games this can bite you on the bum. You get to about
    > lvl
    >> 70 or so with 20 (30 in CE) points in sword mastery, then find an über
    >> axe :)
    >>

    > Oh no. I hate hearing this. I specialize in swords, and I've never
    > bothered at all with an axe. Well, I've been bringing my sword mastery
    > up very nicely. Maybe it wouldn't hurt to throw some pts into axe
    > mastery. I just hate wasting the points tho.
    >
    > I especially enjoy chain lightening. How can I acquire that?

    I wouldn't split points between masteries, as this is kind of a waste. If
    you already have about 10 points in swords, I'd stay with that.

    Chain lightning on swords could be acquired through the runeword Crescent
    Moon. It casts a level 17 CL on striking and level 13 Static field, too.
    Runes required are SHAEL, UM and TIR.

    Regards,

    Oliver

    Oliver Wenzel <ouuch@t-online.de> wrote in news:ctpseg$eg$01$1@news.t-
    online.com:

    > that's why all my barbs only use axes. Most runewords work in axes and
    > there is always crafting axes with the blood recipe.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Oliver

    I had no idea. So, we live and learn. Perhaps one day I'll start a new
    barb and try the axe, but at this point I've so much invested into sword
    mastery, it's simply too late to make a change.

    Diane

    > There aren't many ways to get it on your sword, none that I know of,
    > but if you hire an Act 3 Lightning Merc, he has it ;-)
    >
    > ald

    OK, so what I have now is the Blitzen Composite Bow on my merc with 20%
    chance to cast chain lightening. Seems she's doing a whole lot more
    killing than I am b/c of it. I love it!!!

    Diane

    > I wouldn't split points between masteries, as this is kind of a waste.
    > If you already have about 10 points in swords, I'd stay with that.
    >
    > Chain lightning on swords could be acquired through the runeword
    > Crescent Moon. It casts a level 17 CL on striking and level 13 Static
    > field, too. Runes required are SHAEL, UM and TIR.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Oliver

    I haven't split points between masteries. At this point, I have 24 pts
    in sword mastery and I'll stick with that. My other points are 2 in
    Increased Stamina, 8 in Iron Skin, 2 in Bash, 3 in Leap, 9 in Double
    Swing, 2 in Double Throw, 2 in Stun, 2 in Concentrate, 2 in Howl, 2 in
    Taunt, 2 in Find Potion, and 3 in Find Item. The point in Leap were
    granted to me my an item.

    As for the runes, if I need SHAEL, UM AND TIR, thus far I have the UM
    and the TIR. I still need to find the SHAEL.

    Thanks for the advice.
    Diane

    "~misfit~" <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz> wrote in news:36b6lkF4ulcsvU1
    @individual.net:

    > It seems a lot of CE (from reading here) has things that go back to D1.
    > Cool. I liked Blitzen in D1.
    > --
    > ~misfit~

    Yep, I won't be giving it up anytime soon, he he.

    Diane

    Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net> stared blankly into space for a short
    while before writing:
    > "Doc" <the.doc.is.in@REMOVETHlSgmail.com> wrote in news:41fff823
    > @duster.adelaide.on.net:
    >

    >> With Barbs, you would normally add skill points only to one
    >> mastery... However, in SP games this can bite you on the bum. You
    >> get to about lvl 70 or so with 20 (30 in CE) points in sword
    >> mastery, then find an über axe :)
    >>

    > Oh no. I hate hearing this. I specialize in swords, and I've never
    > bothered at all with an axe. Well, I've been bringing my sword
    > mastery up very nicely. Maybe it wouldn't hurt to throw some pts
    > into axe mastery. I just hate wasting the points tho.

    Arrgh!!

    Sorry, that wasn't the intention of my post. I was trying to say that
    you should only put points in one mastery, but be prepared to be
    dissapointed that you don't have points in a different mastery when you
    find that nice axe or mace class weapon in the future.

    --
    Doc

    "Doc" <the.doc.is.in@REMOVETHlSgmail.com> wrote in news:42007351$1
    @duster.adelaide.on.net:

    > Arrgh!!
    >
    > Sorry, that wasn't the intention of my post. I was trying to say that
    > you should only put points in one mastery, but be prepared to be
    > dissapointed that you don't have points in a different mastery when you
    > find that nice axe or mace class weapon in the future.

    Oh Doc. Don't worry. I'll not be disappointed. I'm focusing my attention
    on equipping myself with the best swords I can find, and since I'm playing
    CE, it's not hard to find good swords. Thanks.

    > Oliver Wenzel <ouuch@t-online.de> wrote in
    >

    >> I wouldn't split points between masteries, as this is kind of a waste.
    >> If you already have about 10 points in swords, I'd stay with that.
    >>
    >> Chain lightning on swords could be acquired through the runeword
    >> Crescent Moon. It casts a level 17 CL on striking and level 13 Static
    >> field, too. Runes required are SHAEL, UM and TIR.
    >>

    > I haven't split points between masteries. At this point, I have 24 pts
    > in sword mastery and I'll stick with that. My other points are 2 in
    > Increased Stamina, 8 in Iron Skin, 2 in Bash, 3 in Leap, 9 in Double
    > Swing, 2 in Double Throw, 2 in Stun, 2 in Concentrate, 2 in Howl, 2 in
    > Taunt, 2 in Find Potion, and 3 in Find Item. The point in Leap were
    > granted to me my an item.
    >
    > As for the runes, if I need SHAEL, UM AND TIR, thus far I have the UM
    > and the TIR. I still need to find the SHAEL.

    what's your main attack skill - Double Swing? Stop putting points in
    Double Swing, it will only increase Attack rating. At least, until you
    find it difficult to hit things.. The only skills that increase the
    damage of DS is your mastery and Bash.

    Most barbs put lots of points into Battle Orders - it will increase your
    life/stamina/mana by x percent for y seconds.

    SHAEL should be lots easier to find than an UM.

    Anyhow, and mebbe you don't want to hear this, but with this current
    skill points assignment, I'd scrap that char and start over. Otherwise,
    start putting points into Shout, Battle Orders and Battle Command. Also,
    swithc to Concentrate as your main attack (skill points in BO also
    increases damage of Conc).

    Finally, I might be completely wrong, as I have absolutely no experience
    with mods (like CE).

    Regards,

    Oliver

    Oliver Wenzel <ouuch@t-online.de> wrote in news:ctr9n3$6l2$00$1@news.t-
    online.com:

    > what's your main attack skill - Double Swing? Stop putting points in
    > Double Swing, it will only increase Attack rating. At least, until you
    > find it difficult to hit things.. The only skills that increase the
    > damage of DS is your mastery and Bash.

    OK, so I'll have to put points into Bash.

    > Most barbs put lots of points into Battle Orders - it will increase
    your
    > life/stamina/mana by x percent for y seconds.
    >
    > SHAEL should be lots easier to find than an UM.

    Well, I only got access to BO this level and I didn't think to put a
    point into it. So, I'll have to work on that. But, I was thinking that
    BO was more for MP than SP. Well, believe it or not, I currently have 3
    UM's and no SHAEL's.

    > Anyhow, and mebbe you don't want to hear this, but with this current
    > skill points assignment, I'd scrap that char and start over.
    Otherwise,
    > start putting points into Shout, Battle Orders and Battle Command.
    Also,
    > swithc to Concentrate as your main attack (skill points in BO also
    > increases damage of Conc).

    Wow, sounds like I've constructed this character completely wrong. Oh
    boy, I really don't know what I'm going to do. I need to think about
    this for a bit.

    > Finally, I might be completely wrong, as I have absolutely no
    experience
    > with mods (like CE).
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Oliver

    Well, it IS a bit different that D2 I'll say that. Maybe you should
    think about giving it a shot. It's really a great mod. For as far as
    I've gotten which is into Andy's lair, and then I got killed of course
    b/c I didn't have any experience with these minions of hers, but for as
    far as I've gotten, it's a whole lot more fun than D2, at least that's
    my opinion. It sure has my attention, not that I'm addicted or
    anything.

    Diane

    >>> I wouldn't split points between masteries, as this is kind of a
    >>> waste. If you already have about 10 points in swords, I'd stay with
    >>> that.
    >>>
    >>> Chain lightning on swords could be acquired through the runeword
    >>> Crescent Moon. It casts a level 17 CL on striking and level 13
    >>> Static field, too. Runes required are SHAEL, UM and TIR.
    >>>

    >> I haven't split points between masteries. At this point, I have 24
    >> pts in sword mastery and I'll stick with that. My other points are
    >> 2 in Increased Stamina, 8 in Iron Skin, 2 in Bash, 3 in Leap, 9 in
    >> Double Swing, 2 in Double Throw, 2 in Stun, 2 in Concentrate, 2 in
    >> Howl, 2 in Taunt, 2 in Find Potion, and 3 in Find Item. The point
    >> in Leap were granted to me my an item.
    >>
    >> As for the runes, if I need SHAEL, UM AND TIR, thus far I have the UM
    >> and the TIR. I still need to find the SHAEL.
    >>

    > what's your main attack skill - Double Swing? Stop putting points in
    > Double Swing, it will only increase Attack rating. At least, until you
    > find it difficult to hit things.. The only skills that increase the
    > damage of DS is your mastery and Bash.
    >
    > Most barbs put lots of points into Battle Orders - it will increase
    > your life/stamina/mana by x percent for y seconds.
    >
    > SHAEL should be lots easier to find than an UM.

    You would think so, but I currently have something like 9 zod's now yet only
    1 tir (which will be great when I hit lvl 67 or whatever it is, but
    relatively useless at 25 :^/ )

    > Anyhow, and mebbe you don't want to hear this, but with this current
    > skill points assignment, I'd scrap that char and start over.
    > Otherwise, start putting points into Shout, Battle Orders and Battle
    > Command. Also, swithc to Concentrate as your main attack (skill
    > points in BO also increases damage of Conc).
    >
    > Finally, I might be completely wrong, as I have absolutely no
    > experience with mods (like CE).

    You get lots more skill points with CE, 2 every lvl up and skill quest
    reward so there is some leeway, however having said that you'll be wanting
    to get your main skills up to that lvl 30 max and BO is definitely on the
    cards for my barb who's currently lvl 21 (thought I try the standard whirly
    build out first before I did a throwbarb, and off course after my
    skellymancer finds them lots of nice ITAMZ)

    Craig

    "Craig" <NOBODY@IRRELEVANT.com.au> wrote in

    >>> I haven't split points between masteries. At this point, I have 24
    >>> pts in sword mastery and I'll stick with that. My other points are
    >>> 2 in Increased Stamina, 8 in Iron Skin, 2 in Bash, 3 in Leap, 9 in
    >>> Double Swing, 2 in Double Throw, 2 in Stun, 2 in Concentrate, 2 in
    >>> Howl, 2 in Taunt, 2 in Find Potion, and 3 in Find Item. The point
    >>> in Leap were granted to me my an item.
    >>>
    >>> As for the runes, if I need SHAEL, UM AND TIR, thus far I have the
    >>> UM and the TIR. I still need to find the SHAEL.
    >>>

    >> what's your main attack skill - Double Swing? Stop putting points in
    >> Double Swing, it will only increase Attack rating. At least, until
    >> you find it difficult to hit things.. The only skills that increase
    >> the damage of DS is your mastery and Bash.
    >>
    >> Most barbs put lots of points into Battle Orders - it will increase
    >> your life/stamina/mana by x percent for y seconds.
    >>
    >> SHAEL should be lots easier to find than an UM.
    >>
    > You would think so, but I currently have something like 9 zod's now
    > yet only 1 tir (which will be great when I hit lvl 67 or whatever it
    > is, but relatively useless at 25 :^/ )

    I know what you mean. I tend to find the higher level runes too and I'm
    not going to be able to use them for a while, grrrrrrrrr.

    >> Anyhow, and mebbe you don't want to hear this, but with this current
    >> skill points assignment, I'd scrap that char and start over.
    >> Otherwise, start putting points into Shout, Battle Orders and Battle
    >> Command. Also, swithc to Concentrate as your main attack (skill
    >> points in BO also increases damage of Conc).
    >>
    >> Finally, I might be completely wrong, as I have absolutely no
    >> experience with mods (like CE).
    >>
    > You get lots more skill points with CE, 2 every lvl up and skill quest
    > reward so there is some leeway, however having said that you'll be
    > wanting to get your main skills up to that lvl 30 max and BO is
    > definitely on the cards for my barb who's currently lvl 21 (thought I
    > try the standard whirly build out first before I did a throwbarb, and
    > off course after my skellymancer finds them lots of nice ITAMZ)
    >
    > Craig

    Honestly, obviously I don't know what I'm doing, so it is what it is.
    It hurts to learn, hahahaha.

    Diane

    On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 03:11:37 GMT, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net>
    wrote:

    > Honestly, obviously I don't know what I'm doing, so it is what it is.
    >It hurts to learn, hahahaha.
    >
    >Diane

    Nah, it's fun! I've been told many times that Strafe is dead, I've
    never managed to prove it to myself ;-)

    On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 02:59:35 GMT, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net>
    wrote:

    >Oliver Wenzel <ouuch@t-online.de> wrote in news:ctr9n3$6l2$00$1@news.t-
    >online.com:
    >

    >> what's your main attack skill - Double Swing? Stop putting points in
    >> Double Swing, it will only increase Attack rating. At least, until you
    >> find it difficult to hit things.. The only skills that increase the
    >> damage of DS is your mastery and Bash.
    >
    >OK, so I'll have to put points into Bash.

    *Only* if you plan on keeping Double Swing as your main attack, I
    think. Try Frenzy first, and check to see if Bash is a synergy for
    that (I don't know, it's been a *long* time since I played a Barb at
    those levels).

    >Well, I only got access to BO this level and I didn't think to put a
    >point into it. So, I'll have to work on that. But, I was thinking that
    >BO was more for MP than SP. Well, believe it or not, I currently have 3
    >UM's and no SHAEL's.

    Nope, BO helps out quite a bit, even in SP. I don't think I've found a
    Shael yet either, or a Zod, my highest so far is a Sol.

    >> Anyhow, and mebbe you don't want to hear this, but with this current
    >> skill points assignment, I'd scrap that char and start over.
    >Otherwise,
    >> start putting points into Shout, Battle Orders and Battle Command.
    >Also,
    >> swithc to Concentrate as your main attack (skill points in BO also
    >> increases damage of Conc).
    >
    >Wow, sounds like I've constructed this character completely wrong. Oh
    >boy, I really don't know what I'm going to do. I need to think about
    >this for a bit.

    To me, it doesn't sound like you've messed up too badly, certainly not
    to the point where you need to start over.

    >It sure has my attention, not that I'm addicted or
    >anything.
    >
    >Diane

    Yeah, riiiiight! ;-)

    > On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 03:11:37 GMT, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Honestly, obviously I don't know what I'm doing, so it is what it is.
    >>It hurts to learn, hahahaha.
    >>
    >>Diane
    >
    > Nah, it's fun! I've been told many times that Strafe is dead, I've
    > never managed to prove it to myself ;-)

    Yeah actually. A friend of mine has a barb SP clvl89 and he won't quit
    it until he beats the game at clvl99. So, he plays and plays the same
    char day after day, week after week, etc. etc. I did that for 2 yrs and
    never learned anything. Then I found this group and I've expanded my
    horizons 100%. Now I'm finding that the fun of the game, at least for
    me, isn't in plugging away and working to get higher and higher levels
    with only one char. The fun is really in creating new chars and
    learning what all the synergies and skills are all about, how they work,
    what works with which char and which build and which armor and weaponry
    works best. There's so much to learn it boggles the mind. And, it's so
    addicting that, if I were to have to return to work, I'd go into
    withdrawal........................no, no, no. Gotta stay home and play
    the game. Poverty? Who cares. Gotta play. No food in the house?
    I'll be creative. Cable went out? No problem, I've got my game. NO,
    YOU CAN'T TAKE MY GAME.............NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO,

    Just me, sometimes I get a little panicky.

    Diane

    On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 19:00:04 GMT, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net>
    wrote:

    >Yeah actually. A friend of mine has a barb SP clvl89 and he won't quit
    >it until he beats the game at clvl99. So, he plays and plays the same
    >char day after day, week after week, etc. etc. I did that for 2 yrs and
    >never learned anything. Then I found this group and I've expanded my
    >horizons 100%. Now I'm finding that the fun of the game, at least for
    >me, isn't in plugging away and working to get higher and higher levels
    >with only one char. The fun is really in creating new chars and
    >learning what all the synergies and skills are all about, how they work,
    >what works with which char and which build and which armor and weaponry
    >works best. There's so much to learn it boggles the mind. And, it's so
    >addicting that, if I were to have to return to work, I'd go into
    >withdrawal........................no, no, no. Gotta stay home and play
    >the game. Poverty? Who cares. Gotta play. No food in the house?
    >I'll be creative. Cable went out? No problem, I've got my game. NO,
    >YOU CAN'T TAKE MY GAME.............NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO,
    >
    >Just me, sometimes I get a little panicky.
    >
    >Diane

    Lol, believe me, I know the feeling ;-)

    > *Only* if you plan on keeping Double Swing as your main attack, I
    > think. Try Frenzy first, and check to see if Bash is a synergy for
    > that (I don't know, it's been a *long* time since I played a Barb at
    > those levels).

    I'll have to check back with my barb, but IIRC, the last point I put
    into was the one just before Frenzy. I do plan to try that.

    > Nope, BO helps out quite a bit, even in SP. I don't think I've found a
    > Shael yet either, or a Zod, my highest so far is a Sol.

    I've been gambling and I've gotten one Shael, about 4 Zod's, I have
    Thul's up the wazoo, a Ber, 3 Sol's, and a ton of others. I hope I can
    do something with the Thul's. I think it's getting to be time to check
    out the rune page and find out what I can do with these things.

    Oh, and funny thing. After I set up my skellymancer on CE, I realized
    that I had set up my stash all wrong. Sometimes my brain is a bit slow,
    hehe. I found out that I can store all my gems, runes, set pieces, and
    anything else that I want any or all of my characters to have access to
    in the shared stash. So, between the barb and the necro, I'm buiding up
    quite a huge inventory of runes, gems and sets. Rather nice. Wish
    Blizz had thought that out in D2. It's really quite a nice enhancement.
    I may never go back to D2, I'm liking CE so much.

    >>Diane

Games Diablo Video Games