HP IIP Scanner not scanning in colour

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner,alt.comp.periphs.scanners,comp.sys.hp.hardware,comp.sys.hp.misc (More info?)

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could help. I have come across a HP ScanJet 11p
model C1790A (SCSI Interface through a Adaptec scsi card) and having
problems getting colour scans. I know the model is old, but it seems to scan
black and white fine.

I've been through the documentation and the online help, which seems to
suggest the scanner is colour, although not stating clearly. Rang HP support
who can't think why its not scanning in colour, but said the scanner is
capable of colour.

Done the obvious like check the scan is set to colour and tried the
different colour settings. Sometimes in the scan info box states as scanning
a "colour photo millions of colours", but then still gives a black and white
image. Tried scanning directly to the printer but same thing of a black and
white image.

I have a couple of questions:

1) Can anyone confirm if its colour?

2) Any ideas what I need to do to get colour scans?

Would be grateful for any help.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike_smithx1@yahoo.co.uk

In article <40a9268b$0$22826$cc9e4d1f@news.dial.pipex.com>,
Mike_smithx1@yahoo.co.uk says...
> Hello,
>

> I was wondering if anyone could help. I have come across a HP ScanJet 11p
> model C1790A (SCSI Interface through a Adaptec scsi card) and having
> problems getting colour scans. I know the model is old, but it seems to scan
> black and white fine.
>

> I've been through the documentation and the online help, which seems to
> suggest the scanner is colour, although not stating clearly. Rang HP support
> who can't think why its not scanning in colour, but said the scanner is
> capable of colour.
>

> Done the obvious like check the scan is set to colour and tried the
> different colour settings. Sometimes in the scan info box states as scanning
> a "colour photo millions of colours", but then still gives a black and white
> image. Tried scanning directly to the printer but same thing of a black and
> white image.
>

> I have a couple of questions:
>

> 1) Can anyone confirm if its colour?
>
> 2) Any ideas what I need to do to get colour scans?
>

> Would be grateful for any help.
>

> Thanks,
>

> Mike
>
> Mike_smithx1@yahoo.co.uk
A quick Google indicates the scanner is grayscale only.
http://www.centari.com.au/default.cfm?p=17&s=121&t=1067&id=404

Mac

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner,alt.comp.periphs.scanners,comp.sys.hp.hardware,comp.sys.hp.misc (More info?)

Thanks Mac, much appreciated.