Windows 7 product key

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hello,I bought a Toshiba Laptop and when I try to use Word etc it prompts me to enter the product key which I do from the label underneath my laptop - only to be told that it's invalid and I will only be able to use Windows 7 for a trial period if I don't enter product key. Anyone able to help please?

Hello,I bought a Toshiba Laptop and when I try to use Word etc it prompts me to enter the product key which I do from the label underneath my laptop - only to be told that it's invalid and I will only be able to use Windows 7 for a trial period if I don't enter product key. Anyone able to help please?

The product key on the bottom of your laptop is the windows-7 product key. It is not the office product key. The key on the bottom of the laptop is the one needed to activate windows-7 and to identify the version which is installed. You normally should not need to activate since you laptop should already come pre-activated.
Right click on computer. select properties. You should see what version of windows is installed and at the bottom verify that windows is activated. If it is not, you will be invited to actavte and you should enter the laptop key there.

OEM vendors make some of their profits by including many trialware products and hoping that you will buy them.

Status
Not open for further replies.