windows error cannot save profiles

when i,m logging off windows xp all my settings are lost,then when i
re-start my computer the next day all my settings have changed and i
get an error message saying cannot set up your user profile and file
may be corrupted how can i fix this please,any help appreciated.

--
petesan

Error Message: Windows Cannot Load Your Profile Because It May Be Corrupted
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;318011