Ga-7VRXP & A7v8X Power Issues

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • CPUs
  • Power
  • Enermax
Last response: in Motherboards
October 6, 2002 10:34:57 PM

have both of the topic boards, using a enermax EG365AX-VE [350w], & each time i install the Cpu [athlon 2000+ oem] and turn the power on, the power will fail after a few seconds.

Removing the CPu and turning the power on, will allow the system to work aslong as i choose it too.

If anyone can understand this, then any ideas. or is it just not enough power.

More about : 7vrxp a7v8x power issues

October 6, 2002 11:17:25 PM

How does the system work without a CPU present? That bit confuses me.

A 350W PSU should be good enough, especially an Enermax, allthough its possible you have got a rare dud on your hands.

<b>I'm THE THGC Strumpet! Hear me Roar! *Squeak!* :cool: </b>
October 7, 2002 1:59:40 AM

motherboard and fans will carry on working with no CPu placed in the motherboard. when i insert the CPu poewr will last around 10seconds then fail, with just the motherboard power LED on.
Related resources
October 7, 2002 10:25:04 AM

Your CPU might be overheating. Did you have the heatsink installed correctly on the CPU? If the CPU is overheating the motherboard will shutdown the system to prevent the CPU being destroyed.
October 7, 2002 1:30:43 PM

I was having the same problems, try holding the power button down. I eventually moved my board out of my case into another one.

Strange thing is it will not turn off now. i think it's a PSU issue, i'm only using a 300 watt whatever came with the case.
October 7, 2002 1:52:36 PM

I`ve tried switching both boards on out of the case, the both do the same, using the ATx power switch or a screw driver.

there is only 2 things to try. and that would be a larger PSU, and the stupid being plastic board mounts.

I read somewhere, abuot a problem with athlon and the fans only syndrome, cant remember where.

Full specs are :

[Specs Censored]<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by port66 on 10/07/02 11:43 AM.</EM></FONT></P>
October 7, 2002 2:48:01 PM

Are you using some kind of thermal gel on the heatsink. And how do you have those two psu's hooked up?

[Jedi mind trick] You LOVE Palladium. [/mind trick]
October 7, 2002 2:55:38 PM

just using artic silver 3, the Oem Cpu is the one i use, the retail just hangs around, to get burnt out oneday..maybe.

i going to buy a antec trupower 550w psu and see if that works, not going to trust enermax for a long time.

Have the power working now, striped it bare, and found a dodgy 3pin -> 4pin molex connector. [primitive error :) ] now just for the post beep.
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by port66 on 10/07/02 11:29 AM.</EM></FONT></P>
!