Gidday,

Just after a complete new setup of a pc re-installed LOD. Made a first
game to check the settings. Went down to the stony field, froze around
and there it was a unique swirling. Right the oculus. Today a great day
for MF i suppose.

Greetings

Doc wrote:
> Chucky & Janica <janica.hindle@kolumbus.finland> stared blankly into
> space for a short while before writing:
> > Once upon a time - for example, Mon, 31 Jan 2005 23:14:13 +0100 -
> > there was this guy, or something, called Newslord
> > <newslord@invalid.com>, and they made us all feel better by saying
> > the following stuff:
> >> Just after a complete new setup of a pc re-installed LOD. Made a
> >> first game to check the settings. Went down to the stony field,
> >> froze around and there it was a unique swirling. Right the oculus.
> >> Today a great day for MF i suppose.
> >
> > You lost me somewhere towards the end, with your mysterious
> > references to the oculus and the unique swirling. But we're
clueless
> > non-lingo-speaking newbies and it still sounded very impressive.
>
> The Oculus is a unique Swirling crystal (Sorceress orb).
>
> Required Level: 42
> +3 Sorceress Skill Levels
> +5 To Mana After Each Kill
> All Resistances +20
> 25% Chance To Cast Level 1 Teleport When Struck
> 30% Faster Cast Rate
> +20 To Vitality
> +20 To Energy
> +20% Enhanced Defence
> 50% Better Chance Of Getting Magic Items
>
> Many Sorceresses dislike the random teleport thingie :)
A phenomenon I find odd, as that is the reason I like it :eek:)

Mickey

Once upon a time - for example, Mon, 31 Jan 2005 23:14:13 +0100 -
there was this guy, or something, called Newslord
<newslord@invalid.com>, and they made us all feel better by saying the
following stuff:

>Gidday,
>
>Just after a complete new setup of a pc re-installed LOD. Made a first
>game to check the settings. Went down to the stony field, froze around
>and there it was a unique swirling. Right the oculus. Today a great day
>for MF i suppose.

You lost me somewhere towards the end, with your mysterious references
to the oculus and the unique swirling. But we're clueless
non-lingo-speaking newbies and it still sounded very impressive.

Kudos!

By the way, we just got a new motherboard and memory and video card
and all sorts of stuff installed too, as well as the v 1.10 patch for
the first time. I'm not sure what did it, but the trees now move in 3D
in the foreground, and when you walk into a house, the roof fades away
instead of just blinking out.

Right in the, um, oculus. Baby.

C&J

--
Beware of Trojans, they're complete smegheads.

- 13 & 13b of 12, the CMM Collective.
- www.afrj-monkeyhouse.org

sliver

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2005

"Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in message

> Doc wrote:
>> Chucky & Janica <janica.hindle@kolumbus.finland> stared blankly into
>> space for a short while before writing:
>> > Once upon a time - for example, Mon, 31 Jan 2005 23:14:13 +0100 -
>> > there was this guy, or something, called Newslord
>> > <newslord@invalid.com>, and they made us all feel better by saying
>> > the following stuff:
>> >
>> > You lost me somewhere towards the end, with your mysterious
>> > references to the oculus and the unique swirling. But we're
> clueless
>> > non-lingo-speaking newbies and it still sounded very impressive.
>>
>> The Oculus is a unique Swirling crystal (Sorceress orb).
>>
>> Required Level: 42
>> +3 Sorceress Skill Levels
>> +5 To Mana After Each Kill
>> All Resistances +20
>> 25% Chance To Cast Level 1 Teleport When Struck
>> 30% Faster Cast Rate
>> +20 To Vitality
>> +20 To Energy
>> +20% Enhanced Defence
>> 50% Better Chance Of Getting Magic Items
>>
>> Many Sorceresses dislike the random teleport thingie :)
> A phenomenon I find odd, as that is the reason I like it :eek:)

But terribly annoying when your find yourself teleported into a mess rather
than out LOL

--
In a World Full of Insanity
Here I Stand

Doc

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2003

Sliver wrote:
> "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in message
> >
> > Doc wrote:
> >> Chucky & Janica <janica.hindle@kolumbus.finland> stared blankly
into
> >> space for a short while before writing:

> > clueless
> >>
> >> The Oculus is a unique Swirling crystal (Sorceress orb).
> >>
> >> Required Level: 42
> >> +3 Sorceress Skill Levels
> >> +5 To Mana After Each Kill
> >> All Resistances +20
> >> 25% Chance To Cast Level 1 Teleport When Struck
> >> 30% Faster Cast Rate
> >> +20 To Vitality
> >> +20 To Energy
> >> +20% Enhanced Defence
> >> 50% Better Chance Of Getting Magic Items
> >>
> >> Many Sorceresses dislike the random teleport thingie :)
> > A phenomenon I find odd, as that is the reason I like it :eek:)
>
> But terribly annoying when your find yourself teleported into a mess
rather
> than out LOL

True, but its nature is such that it then teleports you right back out.
It is also very helpful in lag situations. As those who have played
with me can tell you, I play a VERY agressive style. That being the
case, I tend to wander into situations that are a bit dicey, and that's
when the oculus helps out. It is a barometer I use to tell me when I am
over-reaching a bit.

Mickey

~shady angel~ wrote:
> Doc wrote:
> > Chucky & Janica <janica.hindle@kolumbus.finland> stared blankly
into
> > space for a short while before writing:
> >> Once upon a time - for example, Mon, 31 Jan 2005 23:14:13 +0100 -
> >> there was this guy, or something, called Newslord
> >> <newslord@invalid.com>, and they made us all feel better by saying
> >> the following stuff:
> >>
> >> You lost me somewhere towards the end, with your mysterious
> >> references to the oculus and the unique swirling. But we're
clueless
> >> non-lingo-speaking newbies and it still sounded very impressive.
> >
> > The Oculus is a unique Swirling crystal (Sorceress orb).
> >
> > Required Level: 42
> > +3 Sorceress Skill Levels
> > +5 To Mana After Each Kill
> > All Resistances +20
> > 25% Chance To Cast Level 1 Teleport When Struck
> > 30% Faster Cast Rate
> > +20 To Vitality
> > +20 To Energy
> > +20% Enhanced Defence
> > 50% Better Chance Of Getting Magic Items
> >
> > Many Sorceresses dislike the random teleport thingie :)
>
> Especialy with gloams!

I love it with gloams around, as it prevents me from taking too many
hits before it sends me elsewhere.

Mickey