Anyone who uses STEAM please read this

alia83444

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2007
I was added as a friend by someone called "Automated Verify" and they said this to me: "Hello, Steam Automated Support has detected multiple ip usage on this steam account. This
account is in danger of being shut down unless immediate actions are taken. For verification
and full control over this account please state your Account Name/PasswordThank you, and
for any questions please refer to steampowered.com.

has anyone else got this message sent to them? im worryed that it may be someone trying to steal my account.
please reply if you know any thing about it. thanks

ganpachi

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2007
why would they need your password to verify you if you are breaking the ToS? It doesn't matter who is using the account if the rules are being broken.

It's an obvious scam, dude. Report that UID.

stemnin

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2006
There are NO games that i've played in the last 12 years where anyone from the game's developper will ask for a password! Most i've seen have messages that say "An employee or GM will NEVER ask for your password" (Like in World of Warcraft or Guild Wars, etc.) This is just like the garbage spam e-mails from E-Bay. I DON'T EVEN HAVE AN EBAY ACCOUNT!

Ananan

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2007
Phishing with dynamite.

BTW - I think they're probably more interested in your personal/credit card info than your account.

FeareX

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
You should never give away passwords to anyone. If steam wants to inform you they don't want to be your steam friend :p.. they send you a mail with what there going to do or something. Without needing your password or anything.

wouse101

Distinguished
May 28, 2007
report it, its a obvious scam. It even says when you register on steam that steam admin/staff will never ask you for your user name and password via any automated services and such like.

its like the emails going round saying Hotmail is closing down cos they're running out of addresses, and you need to cough up to keep your account, whats is that all about?

some of us aren't born yesterday!

Annisman

Distinguished
May 5, 2007
Happened to me too....got that message, I was about to send the information and then i smacked myself on the head and said ' WTF is wrong with you?' this looks fishy. VIOLA! never got 'shutdown'

usiek

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2010
Hi! All I was contacted by polish guy his nick was ADMIN. He asked me for my steam account login and password, purpose of that was update and check if my account is clean. He said to me if i wont do that he will ban me for a month nothing happaned after i blocked this user, raported him to steam as well just in case!! :)

"Passwords are like pants - You shouldn't leave them out where people can see them - You should change them regulary - And you shouldn't loan them out to strangers" :D

casemods

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2006
Guys - please report anyone who tries to do this.

Copy all text in chat and head on over to the guys account by hitting the dropdown menu and selecting "view community profile" or whatever it is.

Then at the top right, you should see "report profile" or something.

Select misconduct or misuse or something like that (obviaously not the profile image)

Briefly explain what happened and post the transcript from chat and sent it in.

Hopefully it gets actually looked at and they lose their account.

Or ask them for an address that you can post the info to (stamped envelope kind of post), then you might be able to arrange a "personal" visit if you get my drift. :whistle:

casemods

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2006

Do you honestly think a scammer/phisher is going to give you his address?

TRENDING THREADS