Sign in with
Your question

help with the sims 2!

Last response: in Video Games
August 17, 2007 9:52:22 PM

Recently, my Sims 2 game has been acting up. I can only play it for about 10 minutes and then it enters "safe mode" on my comp. and I can't get the game, or screen, back up, so I have to restart it.

I don't know if it's the CDROM that is giving me a hard time, the harddrive, or what, but I really need help! It's bugging me and I never get anything accomplished haha.

And I don't think it's possible, but I thought I'd ask:
Is there a way to uninstall my Sims 2: Pets game without uninstalling my origional Sims 2 game?
I have so much saved on there, I'd be pissed if I lost it and it never came back.

More about : sims

August 19, 2007 3:55:57 PM

If I remember correctly, just go and select uninstall under Add/Remove Programs, under Control Panel. It should simply uninstall TS2 Pets, and not TS2 and all prior expansion packs. Remember that you will lose all sims and lots by returning to an earlier version. Anyways--have you updated? There are patches out for TS2 Pets, and other iterations of the same name.
August 22, 2007 2:27:55 PM

Well, I suppose I could try it. I'm scared that if I uninstall the Sims 2 Pets, it will uninstall the whole game & I'll lose EVERYTHING.

You're sure that it won't uninstall my origional Sims 2 as well? Back on the old version of the game, if you wanted to uninstall, it meant the whole thing, didn't it?
Related resources
August 22, 2007 2:54:59 PM

you could take the save files and copy then to your desktop, then put them back in the saves folder when you re-install the game.
August 22, 2007 3:50:08 PM

How would I do that?
I'm sorry, I'm seriously so dumb when it comes to this stuff haha.
!