can't search web from address bar

This has recently started happening--whenever i try to serch the web from the
address bar in IE, i always get the "cannot display" page. So, i literally
can not search the web at all from IE, i have to go to google (which is in my
favorites) and search from there. I haven't changed any settings, i do all
my updates faithfully. This is so time consuming and i invariably forget and
try the address bar by habit and then end up getting annoyed. What's
happening & how to fix it.
1 answer Last reply
More about search address

    Probably a browser hijacker or other spyware/adware or malware. Try one of
    these spyware detector and remover applications:

    "imgja" wrote:

    > This has recently started happening--whenever i try to serch the web from the
    > address bar in IE, i always get the "cannot display" page. So, i literally
    > can not search the web at all from IE, i have to go to google (which is in my
    > favorites) and search from there. I haven't changed any settings, i do all
    > my updates faithfully. This is so time consuming and i invariably forget and
    > try the address bar by habit and then end up getting annoyed. What's
    > happening & how to fix it.

Internet Explorer Browsers Windows XP