Sign in with
Your question

Remote Access Solution

Last response: in Business Computing
December 14, 2012 8:30:26 AM

Hi,

I work for a brewery and we have around 25 pubs which we need to remote access from time to time. We currently use GoToMyPC but as the name suggests that is really designed for accessing one PC from multiple locations. I want to access multiple PCs from one location. I.e. have a few logins for staff at head office, with all the pub PCs available for each user. Is there a solution out there more designed in this way?

Thanks!

More about : remote access solution

Anonymous
December 14, 2012 3:55:30 PM

Depends

How are the sites networked - if at all?

What version of Windows? Pro?

Related resources
December 14, 2012 4:09:29 PM

I would recommend Teamviewer. I used that to manage 30+ PC's and macs.
December 14, 2012 4:55:38 PM

Logmein and Teamviewer are both excellent choices. Logmein has ignition to have a "master control pc" that easily connects to all PC's. Teamviewer does the same.

Since you are a "commercial" application, Teamviewer will be more expensive. You can use Logmein "free" for the PC's you are logging into, and pay for the ignition (great setup). The pay version of logmein for the remote PC's don't give you a lot extra unless you need to perform IT type maintenance on them....
December 17, 2012 7:21:06 AM

ronintexas said:
Logmein and Teamviewer are both excellent choices. Logmein has ignition to have a "master control pc" that easily connects to all PC's. Teamviewer does the same.

Since you are a "commercial" application, Teamviewer will be more expensive. You can use Logmein "free" for the PC's you are logging into, and pay for the ignition (great setup). The pay version of logmein for the remote PC's don't give you a lot extra unless you need to perform IT type maintenance on them....

It looks like you need logmein pro for file transfer?
December 18, 2012 5:36:50 PM

I use VNC and it seems to do a good job.
December 18, 2012 5:45:49 PM

Since you already use GoToMeeting, look into GoToAssist. For each subscribed account, I believe you are allowed up to 100 "unattended machines" (I think it's 100, don't shoot me if it's like 10 or something but I am fairly sure I have over 20+ myself), meaning, you can install the local software on those machines and access them remotely through the web from any machine. In addition, it is quick to set up support sessions to machines that are not set up as unattended accounts. They also have recently added the ability to bring "techs" into your session (other user accounts attached/associated to yours). It also has the ability to push and pull files to and from the remote machines (it is not the easiest interface to transfer a ton of files at once, but if you folder them all up you can just push or grab the folder). Contact Citrix and see if they will set you up with a free trial, I believe they will (especially considering you use GoToMeeting).
December 25, 2012 5:32:29 AM

i think so,I would recommend Teamviewer. I used that to manage 30+ PC's and macs.
December 25, 2012 5:33:31 AM

i think so,I would recommend Teamviewer. I used that to manage 30+ PC's and macs.
December 27, 2012 10:21:24 PM

ID recommend Dameware.
I use it for a network cluster, and not much I found beats it hands down.
Must better response time than logmein or teamviewer..can make a saved login for each machine in the list..just doubleclick in the list and you are at the desktop.
Anonymous
December 27, 2012 11:56:25 PM

Teamviewer or NTR.
January 2, 2013 4:41:10 PM

Teamviewer is a great solution, and if youre accessing them all from a single computer I believe a single license would suffice.
!