best MF hell-baal sorc?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
February 1, 2005 4:33:13 PM

Hi ,

I was wondering what the best build (skills, not items) is for a sorc i
want to use for baal runs in hell. According to LODencyclopedia there
are no lighting resists in the throne room, but i read somewhere that
the LODencyclopedia is based on patch 1.09a,b,c,d. So is it true? No
lighting immunes? What is the best lighting sorc build then ?

Are there any better (more recent, patch 1.10) programs like
LODencyclopedia ?

Thx

Rover

More about : hell baal sorc

Anonymous
February 1, 2005 4:33:14 PM

Rover wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> I was wondering what the best build (skills, not items) is for a sorc
> want to use for baal runs in hell. According to LODencyclopedia there

> are no lighting resists in the throne room, but i read somewhere that

> the LODencyclopedia is based on patch 1.09a,b,c,d. So is it true?
No
> lighting immunes? What is the best lighting sorc build then ?
>
> Are there any better (more recent, patch 1.10) programs like
> LODencyclopedia ?

This one is a no brainer. A snow queen is by FAR the most powerful
sorceress. With the right gear, blizzard can do upwards of 30k damage.
In MF mode, you'd do significantly less, but still far more than would
be needed to off him in a solo game.

Mickey
Anonymous
February 1, 2005 4:33:14 PM

Absoluely, i use a pure blizzard build with some static field and
frozen armour. With my act2 defensive mercenary i can solo ALL of it.
In fact I soloed the whole game and it was piss easy. Just remember
that you NEED, IMO, a bonehew to do this as effectively as i did.
February 1, 2005 4:33:14 PM

Vladesch wrote:
> "Rover" <i_hate@spam.com> wrote in message
> > Mickey wrote:

> >> No

> >> This one is a no brainer. A snow queen is by FAR the most powerful
> >> sorceress. With the right gear, blizzard can do upwards of 30k
damage.
> >> In MF mode, you'd do significantly less, but still far more than
would
> >> be needed to off him in a solo game.
> >>
> >> Mickey
> >>

> > But aren't there a lot of cold immunes in the throneroom @ hellmode
?

> > Which spell is your main spell ? blizzard, frozen orb ?
>
> The only cold immunes on that level are the spawned skeletons in wave
2, and
> the witches that shoot the glowing balls.

But a good barb merc can make hash out of either of those in a matter
of seconds. So can a decent act2 merc. I prefer the barb merc for MFing
only because telekill works better as their weapons are generally
faster.

Mickey
February 1, 2005 7:10:21 PM

Mickey wrote:
> Rover wrote:
>
>>Hi ,
>>
>>I was wondering what the best build (skills, not items) is for a sorc

>>want to use for baal runs in hell. According to LODencyclopedia there
>

>>are no lighting resists in the throne room, but i read somewhere that
>

>>the LODencyclopedia is based on patch 1.09a,b,c,d. So is it true?
>
> No
>
>>lighting immunes? What is the best lighting sorc build then ?
>>
>>Are there any better (more recent, patch 1.10) programs like
>>LODencyclopedia ?
>>

> This one is a no brainer. A snow queen is by FAR the most powerful
> sorceress. With the right gear, blizzard can do upwards of 30k damage.
> In MF mode, you'd do significantly less, but still far more than would
> be needed to off him in a solo game.
>
> Mickey

But aren't there a lot of cold immunes in the throneroom @ hellmode ?

Which spell is your main spell ? blizzard, frozen orb ?
Anonymous
February 1, 2005 8:44:09 PM

"Rover" <i_hate@spam.com> wrote in message
> Mickey wrote:
>> Rover wrote:
>>
>>>Hi ,
>>>
>>>I was wondering what the best build (skills, not items) is for a sorc

>>>want to use for baal runs in hell. According to LODencyclopedia there
>>

>>>are no lighting resists in the throne room, but i read somewhere that
>>

>>>the LODencyclopedia is based on patch 1.09a,b,c,d. So is it true?
>>
>> No
>>
>>>lighting immunes? What is the best lighting sorc build then ?
>>>
>>>Are there any better (more recent, patch 1.10) programs like
>>>LODencyclopedia ?
>>>

>> This one is a no brainer. A snow queen is by FAR the most powerful
>> sorceress. With the right gear, blizzard can do upwards of 30k damage.
>> In MF mode, you'd do significantly less, but still far more than would
>> be needed to off him in a solo game.
>>
>> Mickey
>>

> But aren't there a lot of cold immunes in the throneroom @ hellmode ?
>
> Which spell is your main spell ? blizzard, frozen orb ?

The only cold immunes on that level are the spawned skeletons in wave 2, and
the witches that shoot the glowing balls.
Anonymous
February 1, 2005 11:52:42 PM

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 13:33:13 +0100, Rover <i_hate@spam.com> wrote:

>Are there any better (more recent, patch 1.10) programs like
>LODencyclopedia ?
>
>Thx
>
>Rover

I don't know LODencyclopedia, the one I use (which I just found out he
has a 1.10 patch for) is http://www.d-dave.com .

ald
"Knowledge is Power"
VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
CotSRSig #16
Anonymous
February 4, 2005 1:32:05 PM

Stephen R. Marsh wrote:

> Hey, glad to see Mickey's back (even if I'm only lurking these days).

Hiya Stephen. Then why not delurk and hang out a bit. This place has
just GOT to be more interesting than findlaw.com or some such :)

Mickey
Anonymous
June 3, 2009 5:27:56 PM

Quote:

"Rover" <i_hate@spam.com> wrote in message
> Mickey wrote:
>> Rover wrote:
>>
>>>Hi ,
>>>
>>>I was wondering what the best build (skills, not items) is for a sorc

>>>want to use for baal runs in hell. According to LODencyclopedia there
>>

>>>are no lighting resists in the throne room, but i read somewhere that
>>

>>>the LODencyclopedia is based on patch 1.09a,b,c,d. So is it true?
>>
>> No
>>
>>>lighting immunes? What is the best lighting sorc build then ?
>>>
>>>Are there any better (more recent, patch 1.10) programs like
>>>LODencyclopedia ?
>>>

>> This one is a no brainer. A snow queen is by FAR the most powerful
>> sorceress. With the right gear, blizzard can do upwards of 30k damage.
>> In MF mode, you'd do significantly less, but still far more than would
>> be needed to off him in a solo game.
>>
>> Mickey
>>

> But aren't there a lot of cold immunes in the throneroom @ hellmode ?
>
> Which spell is your main spell ? blizzard, frozen orb ?

The only cold immunes on that level are the spawned skeletons in wave 2, and
the witches that shoot the glowing balls.

That is unfortunately incorrect info. Lister is sometimes cold immune and also the doom knights (ones with glowing hands). Although they can be overcome by telekilling with my eth-bonehew equipped act2 merc it takes too long to be effective. The only effective way to mf is to do as many runs in the shortest time possible wich increases your mf chance much more than just having high mf gear (I have 500+ mf when soloing baal, with lvl 87 blizz sorc).
So the question remains unanswered: are there lightning immunes in throne room?
!