OE warning unsafe attachments in outlook express

I just changed my father-in-laws computer over to xp from winMe now his
outlook express will not let us open his attachments. He uses this computer
for embroidery and the files .DST and we get this OE warning unsafe
attachments we need these files for his embroidery machine these files are
for the design, number of stitches colour of threads etc... Need help Asap
need to know how I can set up his system to accept these attachments. This
would greatly be appreciated
2 answers Last reply
More about warning unsafe attachments outlook express

    Hi,

    Click tools/options/security tab, uncheck "do not allow attachments....".

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "ktwiggy" <ktwiggy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I just changed my father-in-laws computer over to xp from winMe now his
    > outlook express will not let us open his attachments. He uses this
    > computer
    > for embroidery and the files .DST and we get this OE warning unsafe
    > attachments we need these files for his embroidery machine these files are
    > for the design, number of stitches colour of threads etc... Need help Asap
    > need to know how I can set up his system to accept these attachments. This
    > would greatly be appreciated

    "ktwiggy" <ktwiggy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    |I just changed my father-in-laws computer over to xp from winMe now his
    | outlook express will not let us open his attachments. He uses this
    computer
    | for embroidery and the files .DST and we get this OE warning unsafe
    | attachments we need these files for his embroidery machine these files are
    | for the design, number of stitches colour of threads etc... Need help Asap
    | need to know how I can set up his system to accept these attachments. This
    | would greatly be appreciated

    In the main Outlook Express window click Tools> Options. Go to the Security
    Tab and uncheck the obvious.

    I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
    I was just trying to help.
    advice herein.
    No warranty is expressed or implied.
    Your mileage may vary.
    See store for details. :)

    Remove shoes to E-mail.

Outlook Express Computers Microsoft Windows XP