Sign in with
Your question
Closed

What to get PS3 or Xbox 360?

Last response: in Video Games
August 23, 2007 7:50:07 AM

Hi, I'm looking to buy either a PS3 or Xbox 360, but I'm not sure which one is the better buy. I kind of want to get into a little gaming since I got my HDTV. I use to play a lot of those japanese type RPG's, are those games still popular (Final fantasy, dragon warrior, stuff like that). Oh one last thing, does anyone know if the prices are going to come down in the near future, I still find them quite expensive?

More about : ps3 xbox 360

August 23, 2007 11:18:16 AM

It's unlikely game prices will come down any time soon. The console producers control the patents and licensing for the games, so they can control what they sell for. Since the consoles themselves are often sold at a loss, the manufacturers need the income from the game licensing to recover their costs (and make a nice profit), so I don't see this pattern changing anytime soon.
August 23, 2007 5:34:51 PM

Damn... I was really hoping for a price drop.
Related resources
August 24, 2007 7:38:28 AM

If you've got the dough I would go for PS3. It's a slightly better machine in terms of specs and some amazing games will be coming to the platform soon. Has anyone witnessed Motorstorm and Metal Gear WOW. Blu-Ray is a lovely bonus.
However Xbox360 is still a very capable machine and wouldn't be dissapointed with that either.
August 24, 2007 5:33:12 PM

I own an XBox 360 and happy with it. The PS3 is probably a good machine too.

Xbox360 has now a lot of games and you can now buy older games at a lower price. New revision to fix initial problems.

PS3 is a newer machine so more powerfull, buggy, less games.

I would suggest to look at what you want:
* Wich games are you planning to play?
* Do you have an HDTV? The war is still on for the format between Blu-Ray (PS3) and HD DVD (xBox360). So not very helpfull for now.
August 24, 2007 6:58:39 PM

The PlayStation 3 is undeoubtedly the better machine -- superior hardware, stable OS, and hardly any crashes or issues. The PlayStation network is also impressive, because it not only handles 40 players on Resistance without ANY lag or performance issues but also because it's free.

The Xbox 360 has some serious hardware issues -- we just had our first red ring of death incident here in the office. But here's the thing: the games for PS3 are weak. Very weak. The 360 has a vastly superior game library to both the Wii and the PS3. BioShock, Gears of War, Dead Rising, Viva Pinata, Crackdown, Lost Planet, etc. The list goes on. Sony has the better console but just doesn't have the games.
August 24, 2007 11:06:47 PM

As far as graphics hardware, the Xbox360's GPU is superior to the PS3's GPU as it sports unified shaders, integrated eDRAM, and tessellation support. Gears of War on the Xbox360 looks better than anything available on the PS3, and it looks as if this won't be changing anytime soon. The older 360s did have overheating issues, but newer units no longer suffer from this. Blu-ray playback is a definite plus if you're into high definition movies, while the Xbox360 can only play regular DVDs out of the box. People often complain about Xbox Live not being free, but for $50 a year, it's a damn good service and is much more organized than the current Playstation Network. I own a Wii, a PS3, and an Xbox360 Elite and don't play any of them, but that's mainly because I prefer to play games on the PC. Either system will be a good buy, as they each have advantages and disadvantages.
August 26, 2007 1:21:28 AM

I'd choose the 360, since you probably want to get into gaming right away and check out or hdtv's performance, 360 already has a lot of great titles so you'll have plenty of games to play, PS3 is also a good choice but some people are still waiting for them to produce better games. I think you'll find a fair amount of rpg's on both systems, although i think that the ps3 might have more japanese rpgs.
August 26, 2007 3:25:55 AM

I thought I'd add that as of right now, neither system has very many (if any) japanese RPG style games. Playstation 1 and 2 championed that genre, but next gen shows a VERY distinct lack of them. Eternal Sonata on 360 is a twist of the normal turn based though, where you actually do something when it's not your turn (try to block enemy swings to relieve damage). Blue Dragon, also for 360, is pretty standard japanese style RPG, pretty good length at 50-60 hours, and it gets strategic later on supposedly, forcing you to really map out your moves. It's probably the weakest genre out there now, with 1st and 3rd person action games really taking over. Sorry that this reply is late but no one really answered that part so I thought I might :p .
August 27, 2007 8:37:50 PM

Get the 360 if u want immediate great games like GOW, Lost Odyssey, Halo 3 and a bunch of others. If you are patient, there are upcoming games on the PS3 that look promising such as Metal Gear Solid 4, Killzone 2 (it looks so good =)), and Final Fantasy XIII( possibly released in late 2008 though). Personally, I am a very patient person so I would get the PS3 since it has more potential with its peripherals (Playstation Eye), and its hardware is also better than 360, but how much better is yet to be determined. Many people have argued that the GPU in the PS3 is inferior, I kinda disagree as there aren't official specs of the RSX as of yet. And I heard within forums in Beyond3d that in fact the Cell complements the RSX extremely well, and they basically covers each others' weakenesses...Cell can also help out in graphics calculations so it frees up the load on the RSX. Sure, the 360 proponents have said the 360 can do the same thing, but is it to the same degree? I've heard reports saying that the Cell have in fact emulate pixel pipelines to increase pixel shading performance for the RSX. The only thing that lacks in next-gen consoles is geometry shaders.
August 28, 2007 5:28:10 PM

@Geosondaman, all the information you want on the RSX is located in any article about the 7800 GTX. They are pretty much the same the same.

@RobWright, I do respect your take on the hardware but I'm in more agreance with Heyyou27. The GPU is so much superior that it's too hard to look at the weak links in the PS3. I think that the Cell and XDR ram will not make up for the crap GPU in the PS3. But if anyone is even considering a Blue-ray, get a PS3.

For me I just picked up a 360 last week and was happy for it. Better graphics and the only consol right now with some real games. I think the only game that catches my attention with the PS3 is Killzone 2, and for the Wii is the new Starwars lightsaber game (whatever it's called). Besides that everything thing else is with 360.
August 29, 2007 2:52:52 AM

Personally, I've found the Xbox 360 hardware problem claims vastly overrated. Mine has run flawlessly since I bought it early this year.

It depends on what games you prefer to play, since many titles are only available on one given platform. The 360 has a much bigger library and many developers have come out saying it's easier to create games for than the PS3.

Having seen a PS3 in action, I can attest to the fact that it is also quite capable. Pure hardware-wise, the PS3 wins simply because it has integrated Blu-Ray, but don't let anyone ever tell you that Sony's online system rivals Xbox Live or that the PS3 is even remotely close to the 360 in terms of overall multimedia usefulness.

Just make sure you get an HDMI-enabled 360, such as a newer version 360 Premium (check the box to make sure it says it is HDMI-capable) or 360 Elite (all can do over HDMI). Not that component will let you down, though.
September 9, 2007 6:16:45 PM

RobWright and kkkk1,

While I respect your thoughts that the PS3 has better hardware than the 360 I and the vast majority of the community including just about anyone that has done a review of the two consoles disagree. The 360 has the superior GPU and the CPU is much easier to take advantage of. The cell does show great potential but it is probably best suited for tasks other than games.

I personally would go with the 360 until PS3 prices drop some more and until the PS3 gaming library is expanded a bit. I have a 360 and it's been fine to date. I have played on both consoles as some of my friends have PS3's, which is why I say the PS3 isn't worth the added cost as of now.

The BD is a bonus I guess but it obviously isn't really adding much to the games right now since the 360 games look as good or better on DVD.

wes
September 9, 2007 10:36:07 PM

If you have decent PC I wouldn't waste money on xbox. Most games available for xbox is available for PC.

PS3 on the other hand have some exclusives the PC don't have but still expensive in my book.
September 9, 2007 10:38:55 PM

Heyyou27 said:
As far as graphics hardware, the Xbox360's GPU is superior to the PS3's GPU as it sports unified shaders, integrated eDRAM, and tessellation support. Gears of War on the Xbox360 looks better than anything available on the PS3, and it looks as if this won't be changing anytime soon. The older 360s did have overheating issues, but newer units no longer suffer from this. Blu-ray playback is a definite plus if you're into high definition movies, while the Xbox360 can only play regular DVDs out of the box. People often complain about Xbox Live not being free, but for $50 a year, it's a damn good service and is much more organized than the current Playstation Network. I own a Wii, a PS3, and an Xbox360 Elite and don't play any of them, but that's mainly because I prefer to play games on the PC. Either system will be a good buy, as they each have advantages and disadvantages.

Can I have one of your systems if you don't play them please? :D 
September 9, 2007 11:48:16 PM

Isn't MS going to make it where someone on the 360 can play against someone playing on a PC? I think that's pretty cool. I still wouldn't spend that much for a PS3 based on BD. Other than BD it the only thing it has are the exclusive games, but the 360 also has exclusive games.
September 10, 2007 12:51:33 PM

Looking at the game price of Oblivion in London this weekend.
PC £20
360 £30
ps3 £50

I'd say that both are a rip off and the PC is the thing to get. £1,500 for a games machine is what you need.

All the cross platform stuff looks and plays the same. So unless there is a game you really want it doesn’t matter. The 360 has more games right now; but the ps3 will have lots of games next year.
When you add all the extra bits to the 360 it costs around the same as the ps3.

They are going to bring out an add-on for the ps3 which turns it into a PVR (which swings it for me). Plus it also runs Linux so I can use it for webs and other bits without getting off the sofa.
September 10, 2007 10:05:56 PM

I think the best thing to do is get both Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. In that case you get the best of both worlds. There will be some games on the PS3 that i want to play, and therefore i am going to get a PS3 when those games come out, like little big planet, Killzone2, MGS4. For now i have my Xbox360 Elite because the games i like to play are on this console, like COD4, Bioshock, Mass Effect, Halo3 etc. I will get a PS3 when enough decent games come out that makes it worth the investement. Also by then the price will be lower as well. They rumor another price cut by the end of the year, so i see no reason to rush out and get the PS3 now. There isn't any games on that platform that makes me wanna buy it NOW.

That is my opinion, but it is your money you can spend it anyway you want. But i would hate to purchase a console and just let it sit on my desk collecting dust because there aren't any good games to play it on.
September 11, 2007 4:38:59 AM

Can I just say that this is probably the most civil discussion of the merits of each machine that I have ever come across. Normally the 2 camps are kicking lumps out of each other.
As for the question in hand, I have a PS3 and my best friend and neigbor has the 360. There is virtually no difference in games like Ghost Recon 2. But here is where I tell you that;
a. I have a Blu-ray player my friend didn't buy the HD-DVD because you have to pay separately as a result he is always over at mine to watch Hi-def movies.
b. Yes he has more good games than me, but on the horizon I see MGS4, GT5, Heavenly Sword, Killzone 2 etc all of these I see as must get games - yes he has Halo 3 to look forward to but other than that nothing that seems must get - even Bioshock is on the PC and I will get it on that since the graphics will be better.
c. He has already had a red ring of death.
d. If you love Japanese RPGs I am sure they will be out in force soon on the PS3. 360 take up in Japan has been really low.
September 11, 2007 3:42:20 PM

I can only repeat myself. For now i do not think that there is enough quality games out there that would justify the purchase of the PS3. When Killzone2 and MGS4 comes out than that is a different story, but by then Sony might drop the price of the hardware. There is a rumored price cut again at the end of the year.

If you want to play good games right now than go with the Xbox360.
September 12, 2007 3:40:42 PM

So it's really true that the 360's hardware problems have been fixed?

Is there a good idependent link to confirm this? I have to make a 360 vs. PS3 decision soon as well.
September 30, 2007 9:03:38 AM

a ps3 only runs a 7800? Damn thats a bit poor for the money. Its like looking at a mac all over again :p 
September 30, 2007 2:07:57 PM

Consoles don't need THAT good hardware... All consoles run good or fair because they are so ooptimized. Here comes the pro and con lsit feel free to add on or take off i own either consoles i just read wikipedia
PS3
PROs:
Better hardware
Free multiplayer
Blu-Ray
You technically run Windows on it with alot of work
Looks better in my opinion
Cons:
Few good games for now.
Most games have slight stability issues
Less players then Xbox 360
Biggest HD is 80 GB

XBOX 360
PROs:
Alot of people play it
Halo 3
Gears of War
Biggest HD 120 GB
I think the interface is better
Cons:
Only 720p or i with retail cables
Pay to Play online
Slightly worse hardware
BSOD (Red Ring)
October 1, 2007 2:19:50 PM

I've owned both systems for a good amount of time (12 months 360, 4 months ps3) and to be honest my ps3 spends most of its time gathering dust. I bought the PS3 for 3 reasons - Ace Combat, Devil May Cry, and Final Fantasy. 2 of those 3 are already after confirming that they're coming on the 360, and to be honest every game on the ps3 (except Motorstorm) has an equal or better equivalent on the Xbox.

Sure the Playstation Network is free, but Xbox Live is €60 for the year... €5 a month... you save more than that a month on games either way. And it's a better service - GTA IV is getting exclusive downloadable chapters on Xbox Live that PS3 players will never see.

I'm going to give my own list of pros and cons by grouping both consoles into catagories...

Technology: The PS3 has more raw power, that's obvious. It also has Blu-Ray which hasn't really taken off all that well (I work in a game/movie rental/retail store that deals in both Blu-Ray and HD-DVDs, and from what I've seen, people don't care about Blu-Ray all that much). Oh, and you don't get a HDMI cable either so you can't enjoy Blu-Ray until you go out and buy one of those. The Xbox 360 has been upgraded to 1080p by a software update so the PS3 no longer has that advantage, and the cable you get with the Premium console (component HD) allows you to take full advantage of that straight away. Oh, and being able to buy a core, upgrade it to a premium by buying a €90 hard drive is a good thing too. As is being able to buy the 120gb Elite hard drive seperately and install it quick and easily on your own without voiding any waranties.

Games: Xbox wins by a huge margin here, simply put, the ps3 has only a small handful. Yes the Xbox has been out longer, but you'd expect more than a handful of sequels after this amount of time. Motorstorm is the only good game I've played that isn't a sequel to be honest. Pretty much any PS3 game you name, there's a better game of the same genre on the 360. Yes, the Xbox is thriving on sequels (Halo, Forza, Fable), but it has a healthy selection of games that aren't sequels too (Bioshock, Chromehounds, Gears of War). Believe me when I say I can argue about the games lineup for both consoles on length, it's part of my job (there's a lot of hardcore gamers in my area that enjoy a good PS3 vs XB360 debate)

Community: Xbox Live or the PSN... touch choice? Not at all. The Xbox Live marketplace... access to all that downloadable content - demos, movie trailers, extra costumes/levels/cars/whatever - that alone is worth the €5 a month. Being able to game online is a bonus. And what a sweet bonus it is.

Price: At this point in time, in my store, the Xbox 360 (premium console only, no special offer, no bundled game, just the console) retails for €359.99. The PS3 (60gb model, again no special offer, no bundled game, just the console) retails for €629.99. The price has dropped in the states, and it is just a matter of time before it does the same here, but really... throw the price of maybe a second controller and 2-3 games on top of that, you can buy a 36" 1080p LCD TV for that kinda cash...

People say that all xboxs experience the RROD, that's massively overrated. And so what if you get the red ring? Microsoft take it, repair it, and give it back in less than a month, for free. It happened to mine, it wasn't that much of a pain to be honest, they picked it up at my door and dropped it back 3 weeks later. The PS3 has a much nastier problem - there have been a number of people come back to me saying that their PS3 is chewing up their games, and I have seen a few fairly nasty discs, they actually have grooves etched into them. Didn't have that problem myself but I'd rather have my console break down and get it fixed for free instead of it chewing up my €60-€80 games.
October 1, 2007 2:56:06 PM

Kraynor said:
People say that all xboxs experience the RROD, that's massively overrated.
No it’s not. There is a fault with every single 360 out there today, and that was admitted by the heads of the Xbox department them selves. Every single 360 will go faulty due to the graphics card over heating because it was a fault built in to every single consol. Even the new Elite consoles have this fault, they will also go faulty, it’s just a matter of when not if. Also the 360 has a fault with discs, it chews them up just as bad if not worse than the PS3’s, I have had to scrub 3 discs to get them working again after the 360 decided to make a loud crunching sound and scratch my discs.

Oh and 3 weeks to get your console back, check with them now that has gone up to 6 because of the mass influx of faulty consoles coming back to them.

Give it a year then we can start our debate on what console is better and what platform has the better games.
October 2, 2007 4:54:32 PM

What a toguh choice.

I have a one day contract coming up the 13th that was totally unexpected (I'm replacing someone who dropped out) that's going to play me a little over $1000.

I vowed to take that money to finally buy a next gen console.

I'll probably play video golf more than any other game (that's my friends and my party game) but I definietly blow off steam playing all types of games.

Which one to get? ARRGGHHH!
October 2, 2007 9:39:23 PM

Having seen the insides of a number of xbox 360's. I am reasonably convinced that even the new ones will have issues under hot conditions because of the heatsinks and clamps putting uneven pressure.

I also don't see anything in the PS3's currently released games, that makes me want to spend that much.

If they made a decent grip for the wii, it would be good for golf.

Barring any last second jockeying, both Sony and Microsoft are setting in for the holiday season.
October 3, 2007 9:38:49 PM

Do you think that the lack of quality games for the PS3 is a result of it's superior hardware? The economy is depressed. Why Spend a larger capital investment in hardware to code for the PS3 when you could more easily write games for the Xbox?
October 4, 2007 8:57:22 AM

The Japanese are the people, who develop all the big games for Play Station. The reason they have not released any big games yet is because it is too soon. It’s not even been a year, you can’t really expect any big names to have games out for it yet. At least not with any merit. Microsoft does not go down at all well in Japan, that’s why you don’t see a lot of Japanese developers taking up projects for the Xbox. This is something Microsoft will need to fix if they want to secure a win on the console war. Oh and sound working hardware would help too.
October 4, 2007 7:45:25 PM

Kraynor said:
I've owned both systems for a good amount of time (12 months 360, 4 months ps3) and to be honest my ps3 spends most of its time gathering dust. I bought the PS3 for 3 reasons - Ace Combat, Devil May Cry, and Final Fantasy. 2 of those 3 are already after confirming that they're coming on the 360, and to be honest every game on the ps3 (except Motorstorm) has an equal or better equivalent on the Xbox.

Sure the Playstation Network is free, but Xbox Live is €60 for the year... €5 a month... you save more than that a month on games either way. And it's a better service - GTA IV is getting exclusive downloadable chapters on Xbox Live that PS3 players will never see.

I'm going to give my own list of pros and cons by grouping both consoles into catagories...

Technology: The PS3 has more raw power, that's obvious. It also has Blu-Ray which hasn't really taken off all that well (I work in a game/movie rental/retail store that deals in both Blu-Ray and HD-DVDs, and from what I've seen, people don't care about Blu-Ray all that much). Oh, and you don't get a HDMI cable either so you can't enjoy Blu-Ray until you go out and buy one of those. The Xbox 360 has been upgraded to 1080p by a software update so the PS3 no longer has that advantage, and the cable you get with the Premium console (component HD) allows you to take full advantage of that straight away. Oh, and being able to buy a core, upgrade it to a premium by buying a €90 hard drive is a good thing too. As is being able to buy the 120gb Elite hard drive seperately and install it quick and easily on your own without voiding any waranties.

Games: Xbox wins by a huge margin here, simply put, the ps3 has only a small handful. Yes the Xbox has been out longer, but you'd expect more than a handful of sequels after this amount of time. Motorstorm is the only good game I've played that isn't a sequel to be honest. Pretty much any PS3 game you name, there's a better game of the same genre on the 360. Yes, the Xbox is thriving on sequels (Halo, Forza, Fable), but it has a healthy selection of games that aren't sequels too (Bioshock, Chromehounds, Gears of War). Believe me when I say I can argue about the games lineup for both consoles on length, it's part of my job (there's a lot of hardcore gamers in my area that enjoy a good PS3 vs XB360 debate)

Community: Xbox Live or the PSN... touch choice? Not at all. The Xbox Live marketplace... access to all that downloadable content - demos, movie trailers, extra costumes/levels/cars/whatever - that alone is worth the €5 a month. Being able to game online is a bonus. And what a sweet bonus it is.

Price: At this point in time, in my store, the Xbox 360 (premium console only, no special offer, no bundled game, just the console) retails for €359.99. The PS3 (60gb model, again no special offer, no bundled game, just the console) retails for €629.99. The price has dropped in the states, and it is just a matter of time before it does the same here, but really... throw the price of maybe a second controller and 2-3 games on top of that, you can buy a 36" 1080p LCD TV for that kinda cash...

People say that all xboxs experience the RROD, that's massively overrated. And so what if you get the red ring? Microsoft take it, repair it, and give it back in less than a month, for free. It happened to mine, it wasn't that much of a pain to be honest, they picked it up at my door and dropped it back 3 weeks later. The PS3 has a much nastier problem - there have been a number of people come back to me saying that their PS3 is chewing up their games, and I have seen a few fairly nasty discs, they actually have grooves etched into them. Didn't have that problem myself but I'd rather have my console break down and get it fixed for free instead of it chewing up my €60-€80 games.

3 WEEKS, 3 WEEKS, 3 WEEKS IS NOT A PAIN UNLESS YOU ALSO HAVE TOP NOTCH PC WITH YOUR 360. I would pissed off after 3 days. If you have a good pc don't get either a pc is better.
October 5, 2007 1:58:28 PM

choice depends on what sort of games you like to play. The PS3 definitely has a lot fewer games out, and only a handfull of really GOOD games. However, it looks like the end of this year will see some solid titles. Ratchet and Clank, Guitar Hero 3 (non exclusive) and GT5 of course. There are some areas where the PS3 makes the better console for non-exclusive games.

If you're big into racing... then the PS3 is the obvious choice. Dirt for instance is a better game on the PS3 than the 360 by a wide margin... the biggest reason is that you're not stuck with a pla-school quality steering wheel. The Logitech wheels are head and shoulders above Microsoft's proprietary wheel. I liked Forza2 a lot, but I think GT5 is going to blow it out of the water... visuals for the demo were beyond F2, and the gameplay vid's that are coming out are nothing short of stunning.

On the platform game front... the ball is in the PS3 court. The Crash of the Titans demo was underwhelming on the 360 - leaving the door open for PS3 to make some points with Ratchet and Clank - a game that looks pretty awesome... if gameplay keeps up with the visuals it'll be PS3 ftw.

I bought the 360 for Forza 2, and bought the PS3 for GT5. I've owned the 360 for 5 months or so, the PS3 since Christmas. In that time, I've bought one game for the 360 (Forza 2), 3 major games for the PS3 (NHL 2k7, Genji, Dirt) along with some downloadable games. I've also bought a bunch of PC games in that period - Bioshock, GTR2, Medieval Total War, HL2-Ep1, CivIV, NFS-MW and probably a couple I can't recall). I also have a half dozen Blu-Ray movies and don't really buy DVD's anymore.

If I personally had to choose a console today... I'd take the PS3 for a combination of the games I see in the pipeline (GT5 primarily), the flexibility to use superior 3rd party gaming controllers (Logitech G25), and Blu-Ray support. For all that the 360 has a huge gaming library, I've not seen any "must have" titles for the 360 other than Forza 2.
November 23, 2007 11:31:29 AM

You guys are forgetting the ps3 can play ps2 games so if you have a ps2 or ps2 games and your ps2 is broken, it upscales game to fit screen looks better on ps3 than ps2 in most cases.

There are alot of jap style rpg's on ps2, so far every ps2 game i have tried works on my ps3.

November 23, 2007 3:43:14 PM

I think the new 40 GB version can't play PS2 games at all.
November 24, 2007 6:43:57 PM

I would go for Xbox 360. You can talk about the power and potential of the PS3 all you want, but the bottom line is that the 360's library of games trumps PS3's library in quantity and quality right NOW. The PS3 has yet to show that it's hardware is much more superior than Microsofts machine and the PS3 has a limited number of exclusive titles (though they are some big ones). Also, unless you buy a used machine, you can be pretty certain that the 360 you buy will be the new version and don't have to worry about the Red Ring of Death. Neither one has a strong RPG library, but Mass Effect was just released for 360 to great reviews.
November 25, 2007 11:53:28 AM

i had to make that choice yesterday and i went for the x360! and it is amazing get the elite though
November 26, 2007 7:13:23 AM

You still cant be sure you will be getting a new version of the 360 yet. The ones you will still most likely be buying, even the Elites will have a near 100% probability of the RROD fault.
November 26, 2007 11:22:25 AM

If you are going to game a lot, then its probably better to go with the ps3. If you want a BlueRay player and dont have one get the ps3. If you only like to play game for 1hr or less a day, the investment for a ps3 isint really cost effective. The 360 has a lot of good games. And even though you have to pay for it, xbox live is pretty awsome. You are probably going to run into hardware problems with a 360. If you look at the news, youll see that Halo has been bricking the 360's. But having said that, if you want to game now, the 360 is really the best option. Ive already chosen to get a ps3, so im a little slanted. You cant really compare the specs of the hardware on the two systems, because they work in different ways. The general conclusion is that the ps3 has more overall power. Right now the power isint being used to its full potential because its so hard to make games for. So im guessing that there will be more games coming out for the xbox 360 for a long time unless the ps3 sales much much more.
November 26, 2007 1:36:42 PM

Well all I can say is the red ring of death is wiping about every xbox 360 in our area out and sometimes multiple times ! They were junk from day one and seem to still be junk . Why microsoft has'nt changed that lousey case design and internal setup is a mystery ! I don't and won't buy either . PS3 has very few games and xbox 360's are always broke !
That comment about 360's frying being overrated is lame .... just reserch the web . They are the worst system ... dependability wise ever produced ... JUNK !
November 26, 2007 10:51:58 PM

What if you already have a gaming class pc. Does that change the answer any?
November 30, 2007 4:21:00 PM

Not really... except it makes both consoles less attractive (since you'll be doing all your FPS gaming on the PC).

Personally I like my PS3 a lot... I think it's the better system design wise. BUT... I'd probably get a 360 if I could only get one - a LOT more games out there, faster development (which means it'll have more games for a long time to come), better online.
November 30, 2007 7:20:34 PM

Sengoku said:
What if you already have a gaming class pc. Does that change the answer any?

I already have a gaming PC, and I own the Wii, Xbox360, and PS3. Uncharted is a must own to PS3 owners, Halo 3 and Gears of War are great for console shooters as well, and Super Mario Galaxy on the Wii is quite fun.
December 6, 2007 6:57:47 PM

Like RealiBrad said: "The general conclusion is that the ps3 has more overall power. Right now the power isint being used to its full potential because its so hard to make games for"

Yeah probably thats the reason theres not alot of games, that also could hurt the Playstation 3 alot. I believe that some years ago the Sega Saturn had a similar problem. And from what i've seen in the PS3....well.....im not impressed. At this moment i would never buy a PS3, its very expensive and its not THAT good. And the X360...well...its cheaper, and there are many games.
December 6, 2007 7:04:22 PM

Heyyou27 said:
I already have a gaming PC, and I own the Wii, Xbox360, and PS3. Uncharted is a must own to PS3 owners, Halo 3 and Gears of War are great for console shooters as well, and Super Mario Galaxy on the Wii is quite fun.

With a gaming PC theres no need for a Xbox360 or the PS3, at least for now(this is my opinion), as for the Wii, for the fun that is impossible to have in any other system i understand. As for the shooters, they are better in the PC. Only a good PES could make me buy either a Xbox360 or a PS3, because i like pes on the consoles. Since this last PES 2008 sucks alot in the new generations console i dont see the need to buy a PS3 or Xbox360.
December 7, 2007 1:26:46 AM

Flex_Relax said:
With a gaming PC theres no need for a Xbox360 or the PS3, at least for now(this is my opinion), as for the Wii, for the fun that is impossible to have in any other system i understand. As for the shooters, they are better in the PC. Only a good PES could make me buy either a Xbox360 or a PS3, because i like pes on the consoles. Since this last PES 2008 sucks alot in the new generations console i dont see the need to buy a PS3 or Xbox360.
I don't know about that; Halo 3 is probably one of the best console shooters I've ever played. Not only does it have a pretty solid campaign, but it's got plenty of multiplayer, split-screen and online to go around. On the PS3, there's Uncharted which is hands down one of the best looking games I've ever played on any platform, and I'd almost go as far to say it rivals Crysis in some aspects.
January 26, 2010 10:50:55 AM

Just buy a Xbox 360 cause the Graphics are EXTREMELY GOOD.Even though the ps3 games are blu-ray, the graphics are not sooo good as the Xbox 360
January 26, 2010 5:39:58 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!