Asus A7V8X and Fans

adamsh

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2002
I recently purchased the Asus A7V8X Motherboard and was wondering how or where I plug extra fans into.

The board only has Three 3 pin Fan Sockets and I have a total of 6 fans (including the CPU fan).

Thanks for any help.

Regards
Adam

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
well obviously you can only plug 3 directly into the motherboard... typically 3 you wish to monitor the speed of.

the rest you will have to use 3pin to 4 pin adaptors and plug them directly into molex connectors from the PSU.

Also, its not a good idea to run high draw, high speed fans off the motherboard headers. (like the 7000rpm delta screamers)

<b> :cool: I :smile: think :frown: I'm :redface: addicted :wink: to :eek: these :mad: ever :eek: so :tongue: cute :cool: smiley :lol: faces! :wink: </b>

adamsh

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2002
Thanks..

The fans are not that high speed all 5 of them are the Thermaltake Smart Fans which run at 4200rpm :)

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
They should be fine.
plug and enjoy... although i personally think 5 fans is excessive.
I only have 2 fans essentially.
the CPU fan, and the rear casefan. If the case is decent quality you should get sufficient airflow thanx to the rear fan.

Many of the really high speed ones dont come with 3 pin connectors anyway, cauz they KNOW the fans burn out the motherboard headers :wink:

<b> :cool: I :smile: think :frown: I'm :redface: addicted :wink: to :eek: these :mad: ever :eek: so :tongue: cute :cool: smiley :lol: faces! :wink: </b>

TRENDING THREADS